collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International package returned...  (Read 681 times)

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
International package returned...
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »
Hi everybody, 
I'm really in need of some advice here.  A few months ago I did a trade with a member here, (Her MH Abbey for my FS luna and Celestia).  Abbey arrived in about a week, the ponies never showed up.  Well, until a couple of days ago when they where on my doorstep...
The note on the box says that they weren't called for, but my trade partner said she was never left a note or anything.  Now, the ponies themselves were untouched and in great condition, so I plan on resending them, but I'm scared now that this could happen again.
I'm going to double check that the address is correct, but is there anything else I can do? They were originally shipped first class, should I pay for priority?
The last thing I want is Luna and Celestia showing their pretty little faces here again when my trade partner has been so patient!

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: International package returned...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
Definitely double check the address, or even see if they have an alternate address they could get it sent to that would have someone available at the typical mail time to accept the package.

I had a package sent to me from Mexico, they DID leave a note, but I asked them to redeliver and they sent it back to Mexico *facedesk* I had the seller re-ship it to my work address (where someone is available all day every day) and it came through just fine.
(...And I learned to just go to the PO and not ask them to redeliver anything ever again!)
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
Yup, never ask to redeliver a package.

In my case, my mailmans *hugs them all* are really lovely... even coming 5-6 times (in 2 - 3 days) to -try to- deliver the package, and when still no one is home, finally left the note to pick it up =X  (except the case when another company said: 'address not found'...  that was the last tine I asked for/used an expensive shipping method ¬¬X)

Suggestion, ask for an address when all day is someone available, as ristvak suggested.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
 :hug:  how frustrating for you and your trade partner!  some post people can be so lazy sometimes and not bother to leave a card when no-one is home.
It should be ok to send the parcel again - I agree with what Ristvak said about double checking the address before you resend the ponies , or if she is out quite often during the hours the post is delivered, then ask your trade partner if there is another addy you can ship to where there is always someone in to receive the parcel :)   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal