collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Goals for Your Ponies?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Your Goals for Your Ponies?
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:39:31 AM »
I'm just curious what other folks long term goals are.  I like to buy ponies cheap then fix them up.  I'll be happy if I have a few of them with me in when I'm in a nursing home (and my lavender dream castle, can't live without that).  I don't expect that my kids or grandkids would care much about them (if I ever have any).

Some people like to customize, some like to treat the ponies as museum pieces, some do restorations, and some want to get every pretty pony.

I'm just curious what it is you all would like to see for your own collections down the line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your Goals for Your Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:55:11 AM »
I'm hoping to collect all the G1 releases and bequeath them to a toy museum when I die. I would like to do some restorations and there are a number of art projects that keep rattling around, but the overarching goal is the toy museum.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:04:32 AM »
I don't really have a goal like that. I'll be a collector until the day I die, whether its ponies or dolls or something else entirely. That much I'm sure of. I've been collecting stuff all my life so I don't think that'll ever change.

If none of my children or grandchildren were interested (I know they most likely won't be) I guess I'd probably try and find a reputable toy museum to donate them to. If there aren't any toy museums then I dunno. I never really put any thought to what would happen to them, unless I like died really soon. If that happened they'd be poached, sold for probably nothing, and all wind up customized.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
When I pootle off this mortal coil I want my ponies to be sold to fund something for my son - college, car or whatever.

Unless I win the lotto in which case I want to open a pony museum. My son will be sorted for future expenses and I will have a pony museum :lovey:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:05:28 AM »
I would just like to get my ponies out of their totes and boxes and get them organized in the display cabinets I bought a little over a year ago.  After that, I will probably start to sell them off slowly with plans on only keeping a few dozen to include my Sunbeams and eventually customs of her along with the alternate birthflower ponies. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 08:06:48 AM »
I have a list of grails in my sig that I'd like to buy to restore. All my ponies have a few small flaws and most have been cleaned. If they are too perfect I sell them because I feel like they are too precious to handle. I like playing with my ponies and setting up scenes and writing stories. I'd like to write more short children's stories in G1 style and at least one longer one in more adultxG4 style. I have some custom projects to finish. That's about it!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
I don't really have any long-term goals, unless you count the amount of times I've put off sorting the frizz on my Wingers, but this thread has got me thinking. If I still have my ponies when I hop over to the other side, then I'd definitely like them to do some good - my collection is only small and overall they're in quite 'well-loved' condition so I think the best bet for them would be to go to a toy museum or to somebody who collects old toys, perhaps. Failing that, they can come along with my musical instruments: I'm literally taking those beauties to the grave! XD

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »
considering how young I am, they will probably all be sold before I get married. But maybe ill keep just a few as a reminder of how much I was obsessed with MLP when I was little.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
I've already told my family that if something happened to me, then I would want the collection to be kept together. In fact, it would go to my sister, and hers would come to me, we already agreed that between us because we collected together for years and share it still as a fond love. But I would really like to see them on display somehow. I don't have space right now, but seeing Wondermint's collection really made me feel that way. Especially since I have so many backcards and things, I think it would be quite cool.

But that's for the future. I'm hoping that I won't die until such time when MLP is a seriously old toy and thus a museum would want the collection donated to it!

For the meantime, my ponies are working ponies on my website. They're there to help provide pony ID and information, and that's as far as I can get right now with displaying them.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
Long term goal is to have 0 ponies when I'm "old"... (Or realistically 1 or 2 that are very dear to me). I really don't want my collections to be a burden.

My short term goal is to have a collection that is meaningful to me.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »
I narrowed my collection down to my childhood collection so that I don't have to worry about this issue... my family will either cherish them or they won't. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
I don't really have any long-term goals, unless you count the amount of times I've put off sorting the frizz on my Wingers, but this thread has got me thinking. If I still have my ponies when I hop over to the other side, then I'd definitely like them to do some good - my collection is only small and overall they're in quite 'well-loved' condition so I think the best bet for them would be to go to a toy museum or to somebody who collects old toys, perhaps. Failing that, they can come along with my musical instruments: I'm literally taking those beauties to the grave! XD

Frizz issues....the amount of times I have put off restyling certain ponies hair just because it's going to be a total nightmare :D

I would love to take a Gingerbread to the grave, what a great idea! Although my dogs who have passed away have coffin space with me, dependant on how many dogs I have in the future things could get rather crowded - I'm fat and some of my dogs ashes are in large urns :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 10:56:12 AM »
I just wanna have them all, that's pretty much it  :lol: I want to buy used ponies of all generations to restore them. Restoration is so inspiring.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »
I think when im "older" I will get rid of my newer ponies and just have the old g1s. I like the idea of a toy museum that would be neat. Though being realistic I think my daughter will keep some of the more expensive ones. If not she can just contact the boards on here and get a seller to sell them all off. :/ except baby surprise shes gonna go with me.

cannibalism

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »
im not sure what my long-term goal is for them, i just want the specific ones that i want and to sell off the rest. similar problems with the other things i collect, what do i want to do with them .. after im done..? i have a huge collection of covered glass candy dishes, and im not sure what to do with them, even though i love them and don't want to get rid of them. i guess my main goal in this life is to own a home that i love, and to be able to display my collections in any way that i want. seems like a simple dream enouhg in concept but in practice...

i want to be able to have pieces of my collections throughout the house, in the kitchen,bathroom, bedroom..everwhere. for all the things i collect. just little pieces of my collections everywhere. i think if i had a big enough house to have a craft room then i would like to have all my ponies in one place. but for my chickens especially i want to spread them around the house. and my rocks too. ai yai yai what am i going to do with everything when i get too old!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal