collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your own pony personas...  (Read 1197 times)

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
Your own pony personas...
« on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
Sooo i'm curious.... :what:
After doing so many Adoptables, i wanna know how you guys came up with your own pony characters! What inspired them? Why are they what they are and why did you chose their cutie mark? I'm in the process of possibly designing my own so i'm looking for a bit of inspiration and i want to hear the story behind them wonderful designs i've been drawing ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Your own pony personas...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
as a child i loved to draw and i always drew the same pony: a black one with white mane and tail and white dots on its butt :)

i just added some white details and as i like unicorns a horn :) so you see, no deep reason behind my persona :D

oh, her name comes from a real horse i met in italy and with which i fell in love. sadly i couldnt take it with me (i am not a millionaire) :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
Mine just have been made by Berrymouse you can see her in my avatar.
I wanted one since the beginning, but not being that creative it took some time. I am a total girly girl so everything pink an sparkly is totaly me.
So a few weeks ago a purchased a beautiful custom baby from berrymouse names Baby Princess and I thought she was just perfect, but she has a dress on and it is just to detailed for a ponysona i thought. So my idea for my ponysona was inspired upon this cute little thing. I wanted the same body color and hair color and more plain, simple but elegant. For the cutie mark... It took some time to think of but then the idea of a tiara popped in my head because it is sparkly, pink and girly and really says me hihi. So i went on google and searched for a whole an stumbles upon the perfect tiara. Then I pmed berry with all the details and she made this wonderfull ponysona for me :lovey:

Wow long story haha :blush:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:28:32 PM by Moondancer115 »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
Interestingly enough, I was just playing around with some Crayola colors online, and used them to color a pony. Since I'm from the desert, I used Crayola's "Desert Sand" color for the body. She almost go purely purple hair, but I thought that looked a little dull.

At the time, I loved playing around on Paint Shop Pro and making gradients. I picked Razzle Dazzle Rose as the first color, and Cerulean as the second color, and had them blend into each other to make purple in the middle. I liked what I saw, so there were her colors. I made her eyes green, since that was my first favorite color. Kind of a cactus-green shade.

Her symbol took me awhile to come up with, but I wanted it to remind me of home. I almost put a bird, (probably a finch) but no. Almost a cactus, but not that either. I then remembered the birds and their feeder that I had in my backyard. They'd often spill the seeds and flowers would grow underneath. Some of them were sunflowers, natch.

I picked a sunflower because it reminded me of home, and also because they are sunny and warm. Some of them even turn to face the sun, and that reminded me of me. I was living in the Yukon at the time and suffering seasonal affective disorder. I'm solar-powered, essentially. ^.^

So that's how I came up with Sunflower.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
My ponysonas are created from things I love or have deep emotions for. My first one was Twilight Soldier. There's a song by Rhapsody called Echos of Tragedy, the name was created from there. In the lyrics, he sings "soldiers of twilight turn back to hell burn in your fire of glory for me will be your end". I loved the idea of a Twilight Soldier, and I created him to be a Norse hero, as I'm Asatru, aka Viking. His colors are just my favorite blues and his symbol (which is going to be redone a little better) is two viking swords crossing with a bright red dragon which symbolizes his hero/protector nature.

My second is a female unicorn, Twilight Innocence. She was also created from a really moving song by Novembers Doom, Our Twilight Innocence. I just loved it so much, I wanted to bring it to a pony form. So, I created her!

My very last is just created from the most awesome doggy ever, the Husky! While I was waiting on my girl Niea to grow, I created my husky ponysona. Nothing really special, but I wanted her to be more of a wild Husky, a native if you will. So, her symbol is a gorgeous dream catcher. I have no real backstory or anything yet for her. :)

The last pony I made is just something cool for my b/f before the real big Brony thing came around. He likes Type O- and green, so I created: Type O-

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »
I designed a whole bunch of different ponies before one stuck.

I kept adamant for a long time for a white pony, but at some point I just felt like that wasn't doing it for me. Then I started thinking about my passions in life. Animals, that's easy. How about the animal I love most? Manatees. Oh, alright. I admit my cutie mark was not made by me, but I just adored it and it fit perfectly. Then I started trying to figure out what I would call her. Manatees are real-world sirens, so she's called Siren.

Her colors are colors that remind me of the sea, with some extra flare in her hair to reflect my eccentric personality. The balloon fit perfectly with the cutie mark because Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony and I find balloons to be lovely reminders of a simpler time in my life. The elements just came together one day and I knew she was the pony I'd been looking for.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
I originally came up with Beaux-Arts, a navy-maned white pony with a heart-shaped symbol composed of a music note & paintbrush. She also carried a pencil in her mouth to show how much I love the arts. Her name is French for "fine arts".

But I soon realized she was too simple and her colours looked very much like Rarity. XD And also too serious.

So I made another, this time inspired by the Spanish Flamenco dance. Hence the red shoe markings, Spanish fan symbol, and flower in her red hair. (see avvie) Her personality contrasts from the first ponysona, and makes sense since I'm not always the serious-all-buisness-and-no-laughs type. Her wings help her dance and be free, so that's why she's a pegasus.

Edit: fans are pretty symbolic too, but I think I chose that as her symbol for aesthetic purposes!

And since I am a language major who speaks both languages, I thought those two would make great ponysonas. =)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:19:13 PM by Cadence »
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
For my ponysona, I used Facebook's pony creator and just randomly added colors I love until I got something I really liked. I used Lyra's hairstyle from the pony creator because I loved how it looked on my pony.

As for the cutie mark, I love star gazing. I added a comet and a few stars for it.

Almost all my other ponies are characters I already had, ponified. They all had a specific color assigned to them, so I used that in their color scheme. Cutiemarks were related to their interests.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
Well, first I made the name. I wanted to come up with a unique username for equestria daily, so I combined two of my all time favorite g4's: Fluttershy and Lily Blossom, to make FlutterBlossom. The name just stuck and I continued to love it.

I made it my username for MLP Arena. Then one day, I was making my dad a father's day card and I wanted it to be of me and him, but in pony form. So I created a ponysona for him and myself. I sketched it out and the card turned out beautiful. My favorite colors are yellow and blue, and I have blonde hair, so I decided to make my pony light blue with a blonde mane. But I didn't know what to put as my cutie mark, so I just put in a palm tree at the last second, because I like the beach.

Well about a few days ago I was trying to learn how to use photoshop to create my ponysona.  First, I created her on general zoi's pony maker, trying my best to make her match up to the sketch. I made her, but I was still stuck on what to put as the cutie mark! I thought about what my passion was and what I really like... Animals... And the beach! And my favorite animal is a hamster, I absolutely adore my little hammys!  ^.^ I've had hamsters my whole life! And when I grow up I want to own either a pet store or a toy store, so oviously I love little animals! I also love the beach and the bay, and my room is beach themed! So my cutie mark is a hamster wearing a tropical flower! The hamster pic is off the Internet somewhere, it's not mine. But isn't it cute?

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Mine is just a pony version of my red panda OC. I made her a winged unicorn though because..well..who doesn't love winged unicorns?
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
Hasbro had a "design a pony!" contest during g3. I printed off the form from online, but never entered it. I was a children's bookseller at the time and I'm really into reading and writing, so I decided to create a pony based on the "magic of reading."

I gave her a symbol with "magic" elements coming out of a book and made her my favorite color, blue. Her name is Story Dreamer.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Folly

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
My ponysona Pinprick is... basically just me as a pony.  Her color scheme is kind of a reflection of my personality, muted, quiet colors but in kind of odd / unusual shades.  I gave her my hairstyle and she wears her tail the way I would... um, if I had one.  Her cutie mark and name were easy, since I love sewing the choice was pretty obvious XD and she's a unicorn because... how are you supposed to sew with hooves????

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »
Solar Chaser came as a name from a pony name generator.  it fit me perfectly.  LOL   He's a little pegasus colt, and his rump symbol is a sun/lightning bolt.  He looks very much like he could be Lightning's son XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »
Came up with Cavy because I wanted a pony persona that wasn't just my main persona Koudoawaia the storm dragon as a pony. I wanted her to be separate from Koudo. She's white because I seem to be drawn towards white ponies and she has a burnt orange mane and tail because my dearly departed guinea pig, Atomic Fireball was that color with white markings. She has a black guinea pig for her mark because I love guinea pigs and have always wanted a black one. She has a special affinity for and bond with guinea pigs because I do and she is a unicorn so she can go a step further than I can and talk to them through unicorn magic.Her name is Cavy because cavy is another word for guinea pig. Lastly, her eyes are green because mine are green so I have a special thing for green eyes. Now that I'm done, here is the lovely lady:

http://koudoawaiavortex.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4bae92

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
Elfpony (in my avatar) is based on a manga character I created back in Uni, who is based on me.  The manga character is an elf, who everyone just calls Elf (because she's usually the only elf around-also because I'm really rubbish with coming up with names.)  So Elfpony basically looks like a Pony-version of Elf.

Most boring origin story ever.  :P

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal