collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Squishy pony vs non Squishy  (Read 1094 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Squishy pony vs non Squishy
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »
I have two Flower Bouquets. One is bright but squishy body, the other is dull and firm body. Why are some ponies like this?? Both say made in china, the last time was a Daddy Apple Delight one was Hongkong the other China (can't remember which was squishy). I really like the bright one but I can't get over the fact she is super squishy.. I know she is mostly going to be on display but every time I look at her it makes me want to pick her up and squish her and sigh.

Does this bother anyone else??

also the squishy ones head was removed (she doesn't have a tail) and I'm afraid I can't re-qlue her head cause it will crack when I squish her.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Squishy pony vs non Squishy
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
I don't know what it's about. I have some ponies that are squishy and some that aren't. None are doubles though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
i hate squishy ponies! :(
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »
oh, i have brilliant blossoms as squishy and non-squishy too, wonder what it is about?
maybe it is about releases?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »
I assumed it had something to do with the amount or type of plasticizer used in a particular batch or that leaked out over time. I actually like them a little squishy, but I never really thought about it until I came here and saw people talking about it.

I would imagine though that unless you're planning on squeezing them a lot, gluing the neck seam back is probably fine since the extra plastic there makes that part a little less squishy. Maybe just don't use too much glue so that if you have to re-glue it in the future, it doesn't build up a thick layer? I tend to not re-glue them, though, so I may not have the best advice there.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
*giggle* at the vision of you occasionally picking her up, squishing and letting out a deep sigh! such a cute picture.

Personally squishy or not squishy doesnt bother me at all. The reason for it as Elisto says will be either than the non squishy one has had most of her plasticiser leak out over time or even that her batch had less to start with.

I am not one for popping off a pony head unless said pony really really needs help [de rust or a new tail or an internal scrub] so I am not the best advise on this either but I often dont glue the head back into place - I would simply declare "loose head" if I was selling in the future. If your pony is just going to sit on display and the plug fits neatly back into the neck, you may not even notice it isnt glued.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »
When I got my second G4 last year, Cherries Jubilee, I was annoyed at her squishyness, and stuffed her in the freezer and filled her with white glue to stiffen her up.

Yes, I was dumb.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
When I got my second G4 last year, Cherries Jubilee, I was annoyed at her squishyness, and stuffed her in the freezer and filled her with white glue to stiffen her up.

Yes, I was dumb.

Really? Wow...thats a different way to try and fix it. :P Hey, we all have learning curves and at least it was Cherries Jubilee and not Mimic
Loa is my love god!

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »

Yes, I was dumb.

Really? Wow...thats a different way to try and fix it. :P Hey, we all have learning curves and at least it was Cherries Jubilee and not Mimic
She's clean inside and fine now, I just got used to some G1s being super squishy, and some being rock hard. I prefer in the middle like my first Banana Surprise, but they're all different.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »
I like them being super squishy! I hate it when ponies are hard, then I can't squish them and it's nice to squish them (lol). xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

Yes, I was dumb.

She's clean inside and fine now, I just got used to some G1s being super squishy, and some being rock hard. I prefer in the middle like my first Banana Surprise, but they're all different.

Wow! Well done...that must have taken a lot of time and effort!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

Yes, I was dumb.

Wow! Well done...that must have taken a lot of time and effort!
Or just 50+ G1s later. :p

will2Bfree

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal