collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Mimic

have her
20 (42.6%)
want her
22 (46.8%)
new to me
0 (0%)
pass today
5 (10.6%)
army
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: June 24, 2022, 05:34:10 AM

Author Topic: POTD 6/16/2022 Mimic  (Read 561 times)

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 6/16/2022 Mimic
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 11:39:07 AM »
I have Mimic! Luckily before her price started to go up on auctions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 06:18:04 PM »
Want! I love her despite the hype  ^.^
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 12:44:11 AM »
I do like her unusual colouring!

In the past I tried bidding on her (when prices were not mega-crazy, but she still sold for too much beyond my comfort zone) and in the end I customised a very baity, stained Majesty instead, which was fun to do!

I kept the eyes intact, although I do have some chunky, vintage Aurora Borealis Swarovski chatons that would fit perfectly. So the back story is: "this is Mimic before being imprisoned in the mine and before her eyes turned into gems".

I have never seen Mimic IRL so it was a challenge to mix the best-fit colour paint! Painting her parrot symbol was a joy, that rich red against the pastel green was so satisfying!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
Oh, I want her, but it is just not within my budget to spend even a fraction of what she is going for on one pony. I genuinely love her green color, and the odd, quirky mix of her hair colors that shouldn't work together, but somehow do.

I wish I could just borrow a Mimic for a few days, so I can get her color right for my custom HQG1C I've been trying to match to make her. I'd be satisfied with a custom if only I knew the color was spot-on. I don't do FBRs, and working with dye is tricky when you actually HAVE a pony in hand that you're trying to match...it's nearly impossible when you don't!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 02:18:19 AM »
I have her, she's gorgeous ^-^ I actually won her in a raffle on here, IIRC, wayyyyy back in time. I'm not sure I would have ever been able to pick her up otherwise.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 06:54:56 PM »
Leaving aside how costly she is right now, I do like her and would be happy to get her.  I'm not totally sold on her hair colors, though.  LOVE her lime green body color!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 08:25:25 PM »
Um how much is she going for nowadays??
I brought her at the mlp fair when it was inChicago... but I had to pay over howmuch she was worth...I'm not parting with her or anything I just haven't seen her for sale in a long time and was curiousif it was part of inflation... or just the hight of the season of pony prices......

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 08:33:34 PM »
Have her and LOVE HER SO MUCH!! Her colors are so different from other ponies and her pose is so charming. Since I got into G1 ponies in 2019, her price was already getting really high, so I did get her at a higher cost, but I wouldn't change it at all!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Nienor

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 08:10:41 AM »
I want her, but unfortunately I cannot afford her :(

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2022, 01:43:32 PM »

Here she is with her wife Locket! I've told the story of how I got her about a million times, including on here, but you're just going to have to read it all over again because I'm never, ever going to shut up about it.

It was a typical trip to [REDACTED] to check the thrift shops again, a place I rarely get to go because it's so far away and the drive to and from is hard on my poor chauffeurdad. It was exactly one week to the day of my 21st birthday and because I usually go to the [REDACTED] for my birthday (usually I only get to go once a year at all) we went to [REDACTED] that day instead. This city has the nearest Saver's to me and has gifted me with plenty of ponies (and other things I like) before and since Mimic. But today, the universe seems to have decided to grant me an early 21st gift, because one of the first bags I saw had *HER* inside! I flipped out in front of frightened shoppers while screaming at my poor dad asking if I was awake, is this real life, do you see what I see?? I'm still surprised I didn't start crying about it. I snatched the bag as quickly as I could and stared in awe as Mimic's rhinestone eyes met my own. I believe in love at first sight now.
I paid exactly $6 for the entire bag. I told the cashier to keep the change.

I wish I could find that pic I took of her after her bath drinking a Sprite. ah well   
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 08:57:36 PM »
I loved Mimic ever since I saw the MLP & Friends episode "The Golden Horseshoes". I was lucky enough to find her for a good price many years ago. She's such a lovely pony, I always enjoy seeing her on merch.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 04:03:23 PM »
I didn't have time to vote, but I want her! (I'm never going to get her, that's for sure!  :rolleyes:)
:zzz:

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2022, 02:59:14 PM »
Absolutely adore this pony and am lucky enough to own her, and to have bought her years ago when she was less horrendously priced. She's just unique and I love her colours, pose and parrot symbol!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2022, 11:37:03 AM »
I have them I like that off color faint green glow and we all know how they keep it.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2022, 12:05:18 PM »

Here she is with her wife Locket! I've told the story of how I got her about a million times, including on here, but you're just going to have to read it all over again because I'm never, ever going to shut up about it.

It was a typical trip to [REDACTED] to check the thrift shops again, a place I rarely get to go because it's so far away and the drive to and from is hard on my poor chauffeurdad. It was exactly one week to the day of my 21st birthday and because I usually go to the [REDACTED] for my birthday (usually I only get to go once a year at all) we went to [REDACTED] that day instead. This city has the nearest Saver's to me and has gifted me with plenty of ponies (and other things I like) before and since Mimic. But today, the universe seems to have decided to grant me an early 21st gift, because one of the first bags I saw had *HER* inside! I flipped out in front of frightened shoppers while screaming at my poor dad asking if I was awake, is this real life, do you see what I see?? I'm still surprised I didn't start crying about it. I snatched the bag as quickly as I could and stared in awe as Mimic's rhinestone eyes met my own. I believe in love at first sight now.
I paid exactly $6 for the entire bag. I told the cashier to keep the change.

I wish I could find that pic I took of her after her bath drinking a Sprite. ah well

Ahh! What a great story! I'd be telling that story all the time too, if I were you!  :lol: :lol:

I like Mimic (I love all the Twinkle Eye ponies) and would love to have her, but realistically, that's probably never going to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal