collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sticky-bodied fakie - what should I do with her?  (Read 696 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Sticky-bodied fakie - what should I do with her?
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
today I picked up a pony lot I won earlier on a local auction site. it included 5 fakies I knew I won't need, and I planned to re-sell them. however, one of them isn't quite re-sellable I'm afraid.
the problem is that her body is sticky all over :blink: at first I hoped it's only some surface stickiness, so I gave her a good bath (just as to the others), and it seemed to have disappeared, however, just as she dried she became all sticky again. I'm afraid it's because of the bad quality material she's made of, maybe some component of the plastic is oozing out of her :shocked:

question one: have you ever seen something like this? do you know a possible cure for her?

question two: if not, what would you do with her? I'm sure sticky like this I'm not willing to sell or even give her to anyone, she's not really "playable" like this. her body is just too soft, so I doubt it would be possible to make a custom out of her. on the other hand, her hair is in a rather nice condition, so I thought of saving that, and throwing the body away. but ehm... it just seems so cruel (although a bit less cruel than throwing the whole poor thing out, because this way at least partially she can "serve for good") :huh:
I also thought of keeping her, but I don't really collect G3 fakies (nor G3s), so I don't have much interest in her collectionwise, in addition, I'm already having a hard time thinking where and how to store her not to make things that get in contact with her sticky :(

many thanks in addition for any kind of advice!

L
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Sticky-bodied fakie - what should I do with her?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »
I think once the plastic starts oozing there is nothing to be done sadly :( out of curiousity do you have a pic, I'm wondering what fakie it is :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
The one I found at work in that state went to the cull room of doom. -shudders- Nottt good.
Fight like a girl..

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »
aww, so I suspected her sad hopelessness right :huh:

partypony566: no, but I'll try to take one tomorrow when the lights will be more suitable for a crappy phone-pic. she's quite simple, an Earth pony, somewhat smaller than a G3 adult (but is an adult), has purple body, white hair with tinsel, and she doesn't have a cutie mark or any kind of markings.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
As Party says sounds like a plasticiser issue so not any cure...it will simply stop when its done.

You could always offer her up in sales/trade as free to a good home with any takers just paying you for shipping...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 05:14:31 AM »
here's a pic of her:

Majesty's there for size comparison - I don't have any proper G3s here (I realised only after the pic that I actually have 2 G3s here, but they are not the best choices for size comparison), so I couldn't include one to show she's smaller.

hathorcat: maybe, but I'm afraid noone'd be too eager to pay the (compared to her state) high international postal fees. I also thought of putting up the fakie lot on a local auction site (so I can offer local pickup or a less expensive posting) and putting her in for free, but oh well, auctioners here do suck, and even though I wrote "she's free because [issues clearly stated] it's pretty likely that I got back some unpleasant feedback stating "how can you sell something like this, I had to throw her out" :S

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »
I won a Lemondrop on ebay who was sticky-bodied when she arrived yesterday. I scrubbed her with a magic eraser & now I'm keeping an eye on her. Hate it when that happens! Seller dishonesty :(
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
hathorcat: maybe, but I'm afraid noone'd be too eager to pay the (compared to her state) high international postal fees. I also thought of putting up the fakie lot on a local auction site (so I can offer local pickup or a less expensive posting) and putting her in for free, but oh well, auctioners here do suck, and even though I wrote "she's free because [issues clearly stated] it's pretty likely that I got back some unpleasant feedback stating "how can you sell something like this, I had to throw her out" :S

I dont necessarily mean for "play" but people are often on the look out for baits and I would think a customiser may possibly take her off your hands just for postage. If you have no luck that then I guess she ll need to hide out in a drawer or yes you could pop her in a fakie or bait lot on ebay. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
I once threw out an actual G3 (one of the sparkly ones, the names escape me) that I got in a lot because she had exactly the same issues (also she was full of brown gunk, but that's another story). I'd never thrown out a Pony before that.

Since your fakie's probably made of cheaper plastic there might not be much you can do. If the plastic's gone then it will just continue to go on deteriorating. You may get interest from a fakie collector though, but like you said it's difficult to display her with the stickiness as she might stain what she's displayed on.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal