collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures  (Read 31920 times)

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
I got mine today and like others, I there are a few issues with QC. Both have factory dirt on them and RD's paint is really messy.

EDIT: Also just found an air bubble on RD's NDS hind leg. I don't like how you can see the color of her mold through the hair paint.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:50:53 PM by Bellevi »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
awesome to hear all the reviews , it is really sad that their quality is not  aligned with their price .

Actually- I really think that the price of $14.50 is REALLY good- the pony is really heavy and solid- and it is an original sculpt (not a re-use of an old mold) the colors are good too-   

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining- I just thought that it would be fair to mention that the QC issues are there- just in case someone was expecting a perfect product and was enraged to find a scuff mark or something.

I LOVE that both "Bubbles" and Dash have entirely different molds- even though they are both pegs (the makers could have easily cheaped out and just made one a repaint of the other)

I also love that they tried so hard to make the ponies look like the cartoon- I think the flaws are minor- and I am definitely looking forward to more!

Also - I love the packaging- it is perfect for display..

I really hope that Funko makes the whole line! (Although I think that is probably unlikely)

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
I got mine today! I agree that the NDS is more attractive on both ponies. The eyes are painted on not stamped. The paint on R's mane is a little light and the blue shows through the yellow is somewhat discolored but I am very happy with them and can't wait to collect more! Who else are they making?

DirePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
I got mine today! I agree that the NDS is more attractive on both ponies. The eyes are painted on not stamped. The paint on R's mane is a little light and the blue shows through the yellow is somewhat discolored but I am very happy with them and can't wait to collect more! Who else are they making?

Thank you for answering the question I had about the eyes. Mine are waiting for me at home but I am stuck at work for another hour! The word is that Vinyl Scratch or DJ PON-3 if you prefer is also planned. I really hope that this line sells so well that Funko keeps making them. Or at the very least maybe Hasbro will see how well they are selling and will start making more show accurate ponies with molded manes and tails.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »
Mine were both a little dirty upon arrival, but nothing a damp washcloth wouldn't fix. The only problem I see is RD's eye on her left side is all fuzzy, like they sprayed outside the lines. It's not terrible though.

I reallly like them in person! The sculpt is so nice, and they feel heavy and solid.

Offline Pony Adventures

• View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »

Thank you for answering the question I had about the eyes. Mine are waiting for me at home but I am stuck at work for another hour! The word is that Vinyl Scratch or DJ PON-3 if you prefer is also planned. I really hope that this line sells so well that Funko keeps making them. Or at the very least maybe Hasbro will see how well they are selling and will start making more show accurate ponies with molded manes and tails.

Absolutely! Yet, I may have jumped the gun. The eyes really look like paint because the plastic is kind of rough but upon further inspection, it looks like it may actually be like a silk screening type of process. Or maybe a stencil. Still, it is not a print or sticker like the Hasbro eyes.

Also, the cutie mark is is backward on RD. (Same with the plushes by Funrise.)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
I will trade my Mib Dewdrop Dazzle for this funko :muffin: Pony

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »

I think Dash's cutie mark is correct to screen, but not to most of the other toys made of her or half of Hasbro's stock artwork of her.  :P Poor RD!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »

I think Dash's cutie mark is correct to screen, but not to most of the other toys made of her or half of Hasbro's stock artwork of her.  :P Poor RD!

Dash's cutie mark IS correct on this toy and the funrise plush. It is backwards on most of the Hasbro stuff like the brushables and FS.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »

Yes, this is one of the few cases where RD's cutie mark is actually show accurate. For whatever reason (my theory is the toy makers don't watch the show, which seems likely) the toys of RD have always had her cutie mark mirrored the wrong way.

Offline Pony Adventures

• View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
Dash's cutie mark IS correct on this toy and the funrise plush. It is backwards on most of the Hasbro stuff like the brushables and FS.

Haha that is too funny! I suppose it is another reason why we can say that this can be considered more show accurate than Hasbro's own creations.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »
Got mine today!
I love their size and weight! they feel so solid. The sculpts are wonderful- really detailed. However, QC is a real issue here. On my RD it doesn't look like the vinyl was mixed well, it's 'spotty' plus she's dirty :/ Their bodies just look...dirty?
I'm going to give them a wipe down and see if that helps...
The packaging is lovely- it's not taped and it's easy to pop them out. Re-usable! And I actually liked the price- I thought they'd be more. Overall I am happy and want to see more of these!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2012, 06:38:16 PM »

Yes, this is one of the few cases where RD's cutie mark is actually show accurate. For whatever reason (my theory is the toy makers don't watch the show, which seems likely) the toys of RD have always had her cutie mark mirrored the wrong way.

I actually believe I remember it being proven that Hasbro has zero idea about what goes on in the show. It definitely explains a lot. :P

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
Ahhh, sadness, I just got an email from Hot Topic saying :muffin: Pony is sold out and they didn't charge me for her. :[
I thought I had my chance and grabbed her in time...

Sigh, I never have good luck with this pony. :/

At least I have Dash...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »
There are a couple more "Bubbles" in store at the Hot Topic where I am as well as 3 RDs. If anybody wants me to pick them up for them, shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal