collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures  (Read 31943 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
And this is why I stopped chasing/bothering with anything pulled from Taobao. $300 today, $5 tomorrow! ;P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
I would have bought those wax prototypes that were available for $99 in a heartbeat- I WISH I had known about them  :cloud:

That one on ebay doesn't look like anything special at all- even if it was an EP (and it doesn't look to be) that price was way too high ...

That is the risk with getting stuff from Taobao I agree- but then sometimes the prototypes never get made! I still wish I had bought one of those white FS Celestias- or the clear/glitter mane six characters-  it is always a risk with new stuff...

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
The see-through ones aren't going to be a line after all? Darn. Maybe they couldn't stabilise the plastic again, after the G3 line started to fleece oozy stuff after a while.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
Ooh- maybe that is why!

I don't know for sure- I do know that after the initial clear ones showing up on Taobao- they dried up entirely and there is not even a whisper of them now- which tells me they were a test run that got the thumbs down.  I would be shocked to see them (or the White Celestia) in regular production at this point.

I wonder how many of those brushable minties were ever made? I sure wish they had made more of those too...

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »
Would love to get my hands on a white FS Celestia at this point. There is always hope though ladies!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
I would have bought those wax prototypes that were available for $99 in a heartbeat- I WISH I had known about them  :cloud:

That one on ebay doesn't look like anything special at all- even if it was an EP (and it doesn't look to be) that price was way too high ...

That is the risk with getting stuff from Taobao I agree- but then sometimes the prototypes never get made! I still wish I had bought one of those white FS Celestias- or the clear/glitter mane six characters-  it is always a risk with new stuff...
I feel you on those prototypes. I was hoping they'd be up a little longer so I could find the money grab one. And I remember when the first :muffin: Pony prototype went up on TaoBao. I figured she was either fake or would be released with accessories (which I would've wanted) and passed. Now I'm searching high and low for it and can't find one.

Ah well...Lesson learned. The second I see a prototype I should snatch it up because I'll be killing myself trying to find it later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
So in a few days they go from "rumored" to "sold out"!? Somebody could have at least put out a press release, I hope this means more will get produced.

Its not just in a few days :) They were confirmed by Funko several months ago.
Sorry for the outburst, but I just think these weren't on most people's radar until a few days ago. Anything to do with "Bubbles" usually gets an absurd amount of coverage beforehand.

I didnt take it as an outburst :) :hug: I was honesty just confirming they had been known about for a while - maybe not by the whole MLP community but by quite a few within it. Not everything is picked up on straight away - on this occasion it has taken the items coming into stock for there to be a reaction on this scale thats all I think.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »
It does seem a lot like these have gone from - hey... maybe there will be Funko ponie.... HERE THEY ARE!  It was so fast and no advance notice from Taobao- so obviously Funko is a lot more careful with their products, lol

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »
I don't think they will be exclusive... Funko products are sold at comic book stores and other fun places as well, so I'd imagine we'll see them on the shelves of other stores soon. :)

Funko does do exclusives (Disney/Gemini/Astro Zombies/etc...) whether these ponies are, not sure.....I looked at the HT link quickly.....didn't notice anywhere saying that these vinyl ponies were made by Funko....am I blind?

It may not say on the link but they are certainly Funko products.

I saw the page but was referring to them not saying, "by Funko" as it does for the other Funko items like this Tinkerbell Funko PoP page:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/CartoonRetro//Disney+Pop+Series+1+Tinker+Bell+Vinyl+Figure-147002.jsp

Whereas the RD Vinyl page doesn't:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/EverythingElse/CultFavorites//My+Little+Pony+Rainbow+Dash+Vinyl+Figure-144781.jsp

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
I'd like to get these. I'd definitely like to get a :muffin: Pony for my room mate since he missed out on the Comic Con figure thanks to that whole fiasco. Would make a good Christmas present...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
Man, Hot Topic is on top of stuff. They already shipped my order. It just feels super quick after how all my last pony purchases took forever.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
I kind of want that :muffin: Pony, but I just wish she were cheaper. I think I'd feel better about spending that much if she had her cutie mark on both sides. I like the side of her without the cutie mark better because of her hair, but if I display her like that, she'd look like a blank flank. I think the Rainbow Dash looks ok, but the hair bothers me. It seems like they could have done some more research to be sure the hair colors were correct before releasing her.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2012, 03:10:54 AM »
I don't think they will be exclusive... Funko products are sold at comic book stores and other fun places as well, so I'd imagine we'll see them on the shelves of other stores soon. :)

Funko does do exclusives (Disney/Gemini/Astro Zombies/etc...) whether these ponies are, not sure.....I looked at the HT link quickly.....didn't notice anywhere saying that these vinyl ponies were made by Funko....am I blind?

It may not say on the link but they are certainly Funko products.

I saw the page but was referring to them not saying, "by Funko" as it does for the other Funko items like this Tinkerbell Funko PoP page:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/CartoonRetro//Disney+Pop+Series+1+Tinker+Bell+Vinyl+Figure-147002.jsp

Whereas the RD Vinyl page doesn't:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/EverythingElse/CultFavorites//My+Little+Pony+Rainbow+Dash+Vinyl+Figure-144781.jsp

Would guess its just a forgetful website administrator then :) Years ago I worked for an online golf goods retailer and I can remember how easy it was to forget just one piece of information when you were uploading dozens of new products every single day!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »
:muffin: Pony's back in stock now for anyone looking for her: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/MyLittlePony//My+Little+Pony+Bubbles+Vinyl+Figure-144782.jsp

I just ordered her. I still don't like that her cutie mark is only on one side, but then since the only other :muffin: Pony is the SDCC one (which I have) I figured I'd get her. I have way too much stuff with RD already, plus I hate how they colored her hair, so I skipped getting her.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »
I still think its odd they keep going back in and out of stock.

I passed on Rainbow Dash too I'm not supposed to be buying stuff as it is...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal