collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65454 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #870 on: June 18, 2023, 11:12:19 AM »
There would be a lot of chores, but because of the flu/pains and the heat, I haven't been able to do anything. I stay inside and in the shadows as much as possible, I hate heat and summer.  :hot:

I have watered the flowers outside in the evenings when the sun has already set. Then it's cool and comfortable, but then the mosquitoes attack.  >_< I wish it were already autumn, then everything will be better again. :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #871 on: June 19, 2023, 01:59:37 AM »
I'm catching up on the Arena, lol.. and just waisting time doing nothing, which feels really good. Work begins 16 minutes past 4 pm. Gonna eat fried chicken and potatoesallad for lunch.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 19, 2023, 03:07:09 PM »
Catching up on the internet atm, crunching up the last half of a Swizzelstick as I write this :B

Went on a shopping trip supply run (actually didn't get to do much shopping, since we went out fairly late in the day) for some stuff we were missing for the holiday... Had another look for the Sonic the Hedgehog figure I'm looking for, still no luck, but I *did* find a box of blind bags and was able to find two of the ones I wanted (Big and Froggy, luckily my most-wanted were the easiest to feel for due to their sizes :D), which more than made up for it! :frolic: They're SO cute, nice and detailed for the size too.

Just chilling for a bit now and then hoping to do some more prep work for the holiday after I finish playing catch-up w/ the net :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #873 on: June 20, 2023, 11:00:41 AM »
I'm resting after cleaning all day yesterday. I missed my doctor appointment because I slept in. I usually only sleep in til about 9 but when I woke up it was 10:30 already, past my appointment time. So I went back to sleep and didn't get up until a little while ago.

I made coffee last night for today and it was delicious. Makes me wish I had more than one mason jar. I'll have to buy another one.

I might work on ponies later.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 20, 2023, 12:58:43 PM »
How the heck I made coffee morning & answered the door today I'll never know!!!
Anyway, I did make the coffee & coffee pal & knitting pal were there yaiy!!! Got some messages too, & remembered to put on the laundry before going (just).
As for the door, it was my visitor. She'd had a very scary sounding car incident, & she seems traumatised by it, to the point she says she cries whenever she thinks about it. She needs her friends right now, & those of faith, please pray for her xxx.
As for what kept me so long, my latest version of Twisty Tail is a bit :muffin: Pony & looking wonky at the moment, because I just looked at some of the Ponies sitting near me & thought, "what if I could CROCHET a whole My Little Pony figure"!!! So I have crocheted: one head & body piece, one back leg, one shade of hair, one ear, & a too short ribbon... But I need to take a break from all that crocheting & eat something. Meanwhile I've been writing up my pattern so I can share it with a few lucky people...
I managed to have a de-sweat wash, a change of clothes, & a hair wash too!!!

BC: perfecting things takes time, undoing & redoing, & a load of tippex!!! And there's just something about really good coffee xxx Glad you were so productive, but shame it made you miss an appointment xxx
Carrehz, glad you found something cute as well as what you needed xxx
Beldarna, oh how good it is to just chill!!!
HOM I feel you, although we only get midges...
Squirmy sounds fun!!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 01:06:06 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 22, 2023, 04:24:38 PM »
The pain has eased a bit and the cough is almost completely gone, so I was able to vacuum and change the clean carpets. I always have a habit of changing the more summery carpets for Midsummer. I already changed the curtains much earlier.

I don't celebrate Midsummer in any special way. As a little girl, I went with my parents to a village party where there was dancing, frying sausages, throwing darts and finally burning a big bonfire at night. Today, it's nice to remember those times.  :inlove:
On Midsummer's Eve (which is now Friday) I'm going to eat a big pizza and watch an old black-and-white domestic movie, after that I'm going to go out and sit on the steps and listen to the summer night. :relaxed:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 23, 2023, 04:53:24 PM »
HOM yaiy for feeling better!!!

I got her finished!!! She's in Arts & Crafts section, with her own thread, because I think she deserves it!!! I was busy with her for a good few days of intensive work, including readjusting some things as I went. She ate half my cerulean yarn, as well as good quantities of the other four shades. And I know what to improve on as well!!! (face embroidery placement in particular...)
Aside from this, I managed to get the dishes done so phew there. It's still quite warm but settling down a bit (my fridge is coping better for example), & several packages have arrived too.
Also I had the survey for the heating thing at last. Kind of worried about where they want some of the new heaters but at least they worked with me & decided to put one where my bed is, which means far less stuff to shift on the day... (my collection lives in my bedroom so that's a massive hassle to move)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 23, 2023, 05:42:16 PM »
^ Wow! She is really cute! I went to see and left a comment.  :happy:

---

Happy Midsummer to all those who celebrate it!  ^.^

Watched a movie and devoured a pizza in the evening as I wrote earlier. Now at night I sat outside for a few hours and took this picture. These bright summer nights are funny and strange, even though you've been able to experience them since you were little, but you always wonder about them. :wonder: :lol: The soundscape was peaceful, only blackbirds were singing nearby and a cuckoo could be heard further away. Some black cat was sneaking by the sauna building.  :relaxed:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #878 on: June 25, 2023, 05:08:43 AM »
Happy Midsummer :) I can't help but think of Ari Aster's film Midsommer, about the cult. Messed up movie, but I love it :lol:

Today I'd like to list more things to sell, including some pony accessories.

Anyone know what used paperbacks go for? I always took mine to the book trader and traded for more books, but I just don't read like I used to and some of these I've re-read many times and know by heart, so I can let them go.

I'd like to bring out the airbrush today too and spray some ponies. There are... four, I think, that need a base coat.

I made a few sales and was able to get some groceries :) Tonight I'm making homemade cheese taquitos with rice, black beans, tomatoes and green chilies. I think I have a can of enchilada sauce too I can add. Yum!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 25, 2023, 03:29:26 PM »
BC sounds tasty!!!
HOM what a lovely pic!!!

Moved on to other crochet projects, focussing on my cotton yarn as there are a few things I could use in the house, including a mat to go under my air fryer when I take the drawer out at the end of cooking (it gets hot so a cotton mat will absorb the worst). I granny-squared the mat, using a hack which lets me triple the thickness of my cotton yarn. I also found a tea towel pattern & am doing one in the same colours as the square mat, then another in the other colours of cotton yarn I have. Both tea towels will take time to do but will be worth it!!! I can even use cotton scraps to add embellishments!!!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #880 on: June 26, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
Got new meds for my cat from a compounding pharmacy(Never again though. Too difficult and panic attack inducing to get to and from it that place), went to the store and got KFC on the way back.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 26, 2023, 12:56:08 PM »
Happy Midsummer :) I can't help but think of Ari Aster's film Midsommer, about the cult. Messed up movie, but I love it :lol:
Thank you! :heart:
Midsommer...  :dropjaw: :joy: I love that movie! I love its creepiness, brutality, plot and beauty! It's also really unique, which always makes it better! This has never been seen before, at least not by me! This is a good example of how we here in the dark north celebrate Midsummer!  :sly: ... :snicker:

HOM what a lovely pic!!!
Thank you! :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 26, 2023, 11:10:02 PM »
Koudo, of course you treated yourself if that shop made you all panicked!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug:
HOM I don't think I've seen that film...

Just slowly working through my crochet projects. The tea towel is a long haul, as is the current scarf, & when I finish each I'll move to the next one of both.
I do a lot of scarves as they're great for the shoebox collections. I may also add fingerless gloves in, especially if I make them nice & ribbed so they stretch out!!!
I need a second 3.5mm hook as one is busy on tea towel duty & I want to do more amigurumi, which I do with, you've guessed it, a 3.5mm hook!!! So I ordered one, along with bigger sizes I don't have in my kit

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #883 on: June 27, 2023, 12:55:33 AM »
I was so tired yesterday, I tried to sleep on and off but never really could. I finally got some sleep a little while ago. It's 4am and I'm up. I took a ginseng pill and am drinking some energy Yogi tea, hoping to stay awake and FEEL awake. So tired of being tired!

Anyway, my plans for today is ponies, ponies, ponies! I have got to start working on these.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 28, 2023, 11:23:22 AM »
I went out yesterday!!!
First, my support worker managed to accompany me to the coffee morning & she loved it!!! I had a couple of minutes beforehand to show her some stuff I'd made (including crochet Twisty Tail) because she loves that kind of thing.
Second, I had a cheque to deposit, a parcel to post, & when I got my messages I found their paypoint was down so I couldn't get electric, so I took a bus to a town nearby. I could go a few miles one way or a couple more miles the other to reach a town, & mostly I've been going the first way. Went the second for the first time in AGES, & it broke my heart to see how much has changed!!! On top of this, the afternoon was raining, so Bakana & I got soaked!!! Still, I managed to get a munch, some more yarn, the stuff I needed, & a couple more fun bits & bobs including an owl plushie & a seal plushie (they're so cute).
In between times I got more packages in including the snap-on press studs, so had a go fixing them to stuff including larger knitted items & they work a treat!!!

BC I'm glad you're feeling better now, & hope you get your Pony stuff done xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal