collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever had buyers remorse?  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever had buyers remorse?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
Just read through some of the comments on this thread and I'm shocked that cancelling the purchase due to buyer remorse is being suggested!  I could see asking for some sort of partial refund or returning the item if the pony were seriously misrepresented, but if it's as described or has perhaps only a teeny tiny flaw, I'd say chalk it up to a learning experience and if you're that unhappy with the pony as time goes on, try to resell it to someone else.

I agree with you. What makes asking for a partial refund, free shipping, or an added freebie okay? The seller set a price and you agreed to pay it. The end. If you regret it, that's too bad. Why should the seller be "punished" when they did absolutely nothing wrong?

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »
Sometimes.  Occasionally, I've bought ponies that are expensive where I've felt I've overspent or spent money that could've gone to a more grown-up decision (like bills.). Usually, the feeling passes.  :)

But, if it doesn't, I'll usually try to abstain from buying ponies for awhile.  That usually makes me feel better and I get to keep my new purchase guilt-free.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »
I have had it a few times. I also get upset at myself when I see something on ebay and have to bid on it. Especially when its the last few seconds and I bid more then I would of if I had waited.  Oh well like others have said. We win some and we lose some.

I have had this happen with cloths a lot of times for me. That is why I do not buy very many anymore.  I would always end up bring it back to the store to get my money back.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
lets just live, love and pony on.

Great saying Hathorcat!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:46 PM »
I've spent a lot on ponies over the last 3 years, but never to the point where I felt buyers remorse. 

On the other hand, I've been on the other end of someone deciding that they wanted one of my more expensive ponies for sale, harassed me for days to 'hold' said pony until such and such a date, then they completely disappear.  That's frustrating, but what can you do? 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments I've already paid for him and he's on his way. I just like to say that i agree that backing out on the sell is quite rude. I'm not disappointed in how much I paid for him. I think i got a pretty good deal for him. And I've really wanted him for a while it was just the unknown shopping cost that surprised me. I'm hoping when he gets here I'll be super happy :). I just can't tell my mother how much I spent lol.

I need to open a sales page again lol!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:21:33 PM by blonde2themax »
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »
I've had it! It's funny, sometimes it'll hit me right after I pay - oh man, I paid HOW MUCH for a tiny piece of plastic!? - or it'll hit me when the pony arrives, in a sort of great, I just paid $X for a piece of plastic with MOLD! :P Although in the case of mold, that's less of a 'buyer's remorse' and more 'poorly described item remorse.' And, every so often, I'll come across a pony that I forgot I bought, remember how much I paid for it, and feel a wave of guilt.

I'm pretty good at rationalizing though, haha! So really, just look at the pony and think, "well, she's here now, I might as well enjoy her, or sell her to the next person!" :) You don't lose anything but time (and shipping costs) if you buy a pony, end up disliking her, and sell her to someone else! And then someone else can enjoy your unwanted pony! Win/win!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments I've already paid for him and he's on his way. I just like to say that i agree that backing out on the sell is quite rude. I'm not disappointed in how much I paid for him. I think i got a pretty good deal for him. And I've really wanted him for a while it was just the unknown shopping cost that surprised me. I'm hoping when he gets here I'll be super happy :). I just can't tell my mother how much I spent lol.

Yes my advice is never tell mothers how much you spent. I once confessed how much I paid for a sweetie baby barrette...I have never lived it down. Now she offers me random bits of plastic and asks me for £50.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 05:16:02 PM »

Yes my advice is never tell mothers how much you spent. I once confessed how much I paid for a sweetie baby barrette...I have never lived it down. Now she offers me random bits of plastic and asks me for £50.
:lol:

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »
When I first started buying ponies, before I was on the Arena, and even for a bit after that, I just didn't know better. Now I know that I really overpaid for some of my ponies, but I try to forget which ones they were and enjoy the ones I have.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 06:41:30 PM »
I have it all the time D= More so when I need to stop getting things to have less to move, if I end up doing that.
 On top of wishing I had buyers remorse and paid more for something I wanted badly -cries thinking about a Danny item lost-

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »
I don't really get buyers remorse some ponies are just expensive and always will be, if I want it them I will need to pay for it. The only time I think oh no is if I way over pay for a pony cause I am just being impatient but in saying that waiting for some ponies to pop up can take ages and  I don't want to spend months waiting and searching so I think of the 'over paid money' worth it cause i don't waste time searching ha
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:37:01 PM by nhal039 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »

This needs to be a delightful signature image with a little pony crown.  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 02:12:43 AM »
Not really. I have paid a bit much on ebay got a bit carried away like paid a bit much for a Rarity So soft plush then found one with her box for next to nothing in a thrift store later (I got her too they can be twins!). But it wasn't too much and I like her as she's funny so will probably keep her even if I get rid of my other so softs so it's not that bad.There's probably been the other odd ebay pony but for the most part I either get them as gifts or from sales in toys stores or from flea markets as fixer-uppers. I think for me it is just a fun little hobby to relieve stress and remember my childhood days so I don't' spend too much to be honest. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 03:35:11 AM »

This needs to be a delightful signature image with a little pony crown.  :D 

You do know I need to do this now right :P

I have it all the time D= More so when I need to stop getting things to have less to move, if I end up doing that.
 On top of wishing I had buyers remorse and paid more for something I wanted badly -cries thinking about a Danny item lost-

And ugh...yes I have had that kind of remorse [reverse buyers remorse :P] - and spent a week being in a cream puff because for some reason I decided not to bid just that little bit higher.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal