collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever had buyers remorse?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Have you ever had buyers remorse?
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:11:20 AM »

I thought I was getting a fairly good deal but, now I feel like maybe I went over budget on a pony. :huh:  I can feel myself trying to make-up excuses as to why the purchase was even valid... Has any one else experienced this type of feeling? I mean  I really wanted this pony but... seriously I feel awful  :cry:.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever had buyers remorse?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
Of course! I would say it's pretty common for us people who are spending a lot of money on small plastic horses we don't really need  ^.^

How much over budget did you go? And was it a very rare pony?

Little Sweetie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
Well I haven't had this with ponies yet, but I definitely know the feeling. If you really overpaid much I'd say you should try to cancel the purchase.

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »
You win some, you lose some. Then you win some and lose your shirt.

If it's pony related, I'd ask the seller if they can perhaps do cheaper postage, or if not, ask if they have anything else mlp related they can throw in as a goodwill gesture, esp if you've spent a fair bit.

Go with it, learn from it, and perhaps go without something you like for the rest of the month so you can "earn" it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03:35 AM »
I don't ever have buyer remorse per say. Mine is more like...If I'd only waited. Like for instance the glitter G4 brushables Pinkie and Wysteria. I spent a lot on them because they were the first to show up and given the history of the other glitters never getting a release, I spent a lot. I didn't feel bad for spending the money but now wished I'd waited because those actually got a release. But I'm very happy with them non the less and my wisteria is actually different than the release.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:41:25 AM »
Sometimes, a little bit. But I recover from it pretty fast. If you didn't spend money that was supposed to be for something more important, like rent or food, then just try to think you were extra generous towards the seller this time.

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Yes, I get it all of the time!  I have a tendency to overpay because I will all of a sudden *need* to have a certain pony.  I can't tell you how much I overpaid buying Taobao ponies only to see them get released in the stores for a fraction of the price... If only I had waited!  >_<
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »
I think we've all had buyers remorse at somepoint, espeically if we end up overpaying for something. I tend to get over it pretty quickly, especially when the pony shows up.

I don't think cancelling the purchase, as has been suggested is fair on the seller though and nor is asking them for a goodwill guesture because you now wish you hadn't bought it or paid so much, it's not the seller's fault.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:20:35 AM »
Yah.. I've had sellers remorse, I tried thinning down my g4s and missed the brushables and ending up paying more than what I sold them for to get them back... Which ultimately made me feel worse... And I still have one more to get lol...

Offline Willows_Firefly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:18 AM »
I think we've all had buyers remorse at somepoint, espeically if we end up overpaying for something. I tend to get over it pretty quickly, especially when the pony shows up.

I don't think cancelling the purchase, as has been suggested is fair on the seller though and nor is asking them for a goodwill guesture because you now wish you hadn't bought it or paid so much, it's not the seller's fault.

I'm with Sarah-Bee.

If you agree to buy something and then think you overspent, you should take responsibility for your mistake and go through with the transaction. Maybe you'll learn from the experience... and you can always re-sell the item if necessary.

Backing out of a transaction because you 'changed your mind' is pretty flaky.

And asking for a goodwill gesture is just... tacky :/

girlyponce

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »
I wouldn't say remorse, but I have over spent on ponies - especially in the beginning when I really had no idea what they were worth. All that said, I'm very happy with the ponies that I bought. I also picked up a few ponies that came with a pretty hefty price tag that I realized I really don't want in my collection - so now I just have to sell them off.  -_-

BigHicks1977

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 08:05:09 AM »
Been there done that but what is funny is if it was a piece I just had to have and I look at it now I dont even remember how much I paid I JUST LOVE IT  :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »

Sometimes you take risks that in retrospect were not the greatest. In my case- buying one of those black haired Pinkies from Taobao- only to have them come out at Target for $2 less...  I felt a little silly then, but that's the risk I took. 

I agree with Sarah-Bee that trying to back out of a transaction or ask for a discount is not a great idea, nor would it be fair to the seller.

There is really nothing more annoying on the arena or on ebay- as when someone agrees to buy something or wins an auction-  and then changes their mind because they realize they didn't actually want to PAY for it- they just wanted to win it.   -_-

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »
Yeah, I do... most recently over SDCC DJ Pon3. But I'm sure that once she arrives I'll just love her! And I had the same thing over SDCC Bubbles, and I actually paid more for her.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
Just think of it this way..

"YAY PONIES"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal