collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newbie Holiday Swap Brag Thread!!!  (Read 7537 times)

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
Re: Newbie Holiday Swap Brag Thread!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »
I almost thought about opening my box for Christmas Eve... mmm.... maybe? :P

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
Can't wait to see the rest of the brags! <3 Hope mine gets here soon. ^^

Partner, I hope you like your box.  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »
Awesome stuff, everyone. I absolutely LOVE my box, but high-maintenance relatives have been keeping me busy from 9 am to 2 am every day. I will try to post my brag when I can dig up a working camera. :)

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 09:23:46 PM »
WOW!!!  :frolic: My box was absolutely amazing!! And I did make it to Christmas day!! :D
So hopefully I didn’t kill the thread with all my pics.  :lovey:

My Secret Santa was Hannah66665!  And boy did she spoil me so much!!  :lovey:

My package was so exciting because when it first arrived about a week or so a go there were shinny confetti stars escaping from the box!!  As my cats would sit by the box it seemed like more and more stars were trying to escape!

So I slowly and carefully began to open the box…

Look at this little reindeer plush!! So cute!!

I found out after reading the note that this little guy was handmade! That is so amazing! I really like him so much! I love reindeer and have a very special place in my heart for them and many others of the quadruped family.  :3

I also absolutely loved the wrapping paper!! I love Rudolph especially the Rankin Bass version! It is by far one of my favorite stop still animations.

Inside awaited an entire reindeer herd! Wow!! Love them all so much!

The two ornaments made it to the tree:

And the other two made it up to my studio on the inspiration walls.

There were also lots of tastys inside my box too!

There was even a reindeer puzzle too! So I took my time and put it together.

I know at this point everyone is probably like soo… about the ponys… :P
I am getting there honest!  :silly: There were also some other little extras I was so shocked to see a G1 comb!! I have not had one that looked like this since I was a kid on Christmas, which was a long time again so this was just awesome!

The peppermint fruity flavored sticks are also amazing and delicious! I love them and still lots more glitter starts and little squinkie. Which I had no idea what it was until I looked it up they are adorable! Mine is a little orange Pegasus! :D 

So the ponys!!! I opened this one first!! I could not believe how gorgeous she is!!!

My favorite color is Orange and to have an orange Unicorn that also has twinkle eyes that are so bright and shiny was a huge win!! Speedy even has gorgeous soft mane and tail!! <3

Next was the other large package and out popped a shiny with still pinky mane SunSpot!! I squeed so loud!! :D

She has so much tinsel left in her mane and tail!!And is so pretty!!  I have wanted this one for a long time. :D

So here is the grand finale group pic! Yay!! I was so spoiled!! Thank you so much again Hannah66665!! :D You really made my Christmas day very special for me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 06:26:44 AM »
Lovely! I love all the little reindeer extras as well :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Hannah66665

• Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »
Aaah, I'm so glad you like everything! I'm sorry the stars were leaking before you even opened it. XD That must've been a mess.

TwistedRiver did a fantastic job on that little ornament. I pestered her to make me one as soon as yours was finished.  :P
I hunted specifically for reindeer/rudolph wrapping paper for you. ^.^ The little pin should (hopefully still) have a light up nose, too!

Speedy is breathtaking in person! I was so excited for you to get her. I couldn't believe her eyes, I'd never seen one in person that still had the coating before. I was also thrilled to find a Sunspot without a lot in the way of symbol rub and then it turned out her hair was still pink.  :frolic: I was a little worried that the box would be a lot smaller than others... I kind of used a lot of the budget on those gorgeous girls. XD

Merry Christmas! :hug: So glad you liked your box!

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »
Ok finally have time to post the brag :D

I received the box from CupidStrikes - it arrived all safe and packed in the beautiful pony wrapping paper which I was so astonished by seeing it in the teaser thread - I was hoping I'd get the ones packed in it :D
Here's everything together still packed. The sweet owl card :)

Sooo noooow let's begin the unwrapping!
Yummy reindeer Maltessers- they're my most favourite sweets how'd you know that? :) You can't get them in Poland nowadays. Knitted sock, and decorative candy canes - hanging already on my very small "Christmas Tree".

Lindor sweet (delicious!) and another decoratives :)

Instant hot chocolate - only sweet still waiting to be eaten ;) A beautiful pin - at first I didn't know what it was XD But then I read it's for charity collecting. Thank you :) something to really appreciate :). And a bookmark calendar - I'm always short on bookmarks ;)

And now the two extras that suprised me the most: awsome knitted mini guinea pig and "I'a Cthulhu ftagn!" overmighthy knitted Cthulhu  :worshippy:

Pony stickers - yaaaay! Lovly Glowy! My boyfriend's laptop will suffer :D

The ponies! Most beautiful TAF Dancing Butteflies - she's perfect ! silky hair, awsome symbols and she even stands straight :D wow thank you for such a beauty! And Light Heart - an updated for one I own - great hair and body :) Thank you again  :frolic:

That's my wonderful Christmas Newbie Swap box :D From (once again) wonderful CupidStrikes who is a very talented knit-artist  :art:
Thank You !
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
Yay!  Brags!!!   :lol:

Isn't wrapping paper just The Best?  There's so much of it I've been seeing that makes me think, oh snap I need that for next year!

I'm loving everybody's extras!  Those reindeer are WAY cute!  Beth, your horse skull poster in the background, surrounded by tropical destination postcards, totally made me laugh!  And I love that you took the time to stop and make yourself a puzzle mid-unwrapping. 

And holy tiny Cthulhu, Xelli!  That's so amazing!  Did your partner actually make those?  I can't imagine the tiny knitting needles and curse words that went into those.  Fantastic!

How exciting!  I can't wait for everyone else to hop on this bandwagon and post some pictures!
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »
What awesome boxes! Hannah66665, what adorable reindeer and Rudolph wrapping paper! I love that movie, too. And CupidStrikes, I love the cthulhu and guinea pig! How cute :) (cute cthulhu . . . cute cthulhu . . . say that three times fast, lol!)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
:D I'm so glad you liked Knithulu, Xelli! I actually had so much fun knitting him (I got away with using 2.5mm knitting needles so it wasn't too bad  :lol: ) It's a shame you can't get the Malteaser things in Poland!  :( I admit, I could only find a couple when I was looking, the stores here still had mostly Easter ones still  :blink:

I'm glad you like the ponies, too! <3 Lightheart is totally gorgeous and I admit, she got me interested in G2 ponies  :blush:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »
OOooh this has been a great swap!  Congrats to everyone! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Hannah66665

• Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
My box arrived a couple days ago! :D I think it must have been lost in the mail, the info sticker said it was sent out ages ago with very nice shipping. I blame the month of December as a whole. XD

There wasn't any card included (unless I somehow overlooked it) so I had to ask holiday swap who it was from... it's from Emerald Treasure! Thank you so much!

Look at that precious wrapping paper!

When I first got the box I was joined by TwistedRiver's cat Zelgadis and my kitty Hero... they were both VERY interested.

I found the culprit... catnip!

Zelly wasn't letting go. XD

Extras first...

These PRECIOUS little things! Oh my goodness. I had never heard of Kawaii Crush before and now I have to collect all of them! You picked the perfect one too! I have a special soft spot for gray tabbies. :heart:

They're so adorable omg.

Then I opened these... holy wow, that shea buttermilk soap smells amazing! I'm really excited to use the diffuser! I can't really burn candles and I'm planning on redoing my whole room and I think it will be a very nice touch.

Last but certainly not least, this gorgeous girl...

MOONDANCER!

She's absolutely fantastic in person. Her hair is so soft and silky and she's so white!
Best of all, now my Baby Moondancer has a mommy!

(Thank you for reuniting us!)

Really glad I let my sister talk me into joining the swap. It was so much fun!
A very big thankyou to my partner! :hug:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 11:05:59 PM »
Yay great brag! :cheer: I'm very happy your box finally came :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 06:53:09 AM »
Awesome, Hannah66665! So glad your box did safely come. :woot: December is a crazy shipping month! What thoughtful gifts (and for the kitties, too!) And that Moondancer is beautiful! She looks great with her baby.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
Sorry for the late brag! My partner was Gemgemrosettes who is AMAZING. So I got a knock on the door late one evening and WHOO. PARCEL :D

Holly Dash is in there for a size comparison. That was one HUGE box :lol:. I opened it and was greeted by bubble wrap, then tissue paper, a card, and then, beneath that, TINSEL. LOTS AND LOTS OF IT. And, some thin strings of it! I had just earlier that day been bemoaning being unable to find thin tinsel for my desk tree, and here I had plenty for it :D

And now, onto the gifts! I got toootally spoilt oh my word! How CUTE are those little bags? I kept them to keep some of my fragile ornaments in whilst they're in storage  :blush: I love the Matchmakers! Mint chocolate is my favourite! Oh, and those Frozen chocolates are so cute  :lol: I loved the cracker, too! Such an adorable design!

I decided to open one present a day as I couldn't possibly wait until Christmas Day :lol: . The following week at work ended up being really bad so it was nice to come home to a great surprise at the end of each day :D

First I opened the tall bag, intrigued by its size. I peered in and gasped when I saw tiny white ears! I have been searching for this set in stores for months with no luck, and I was glad to finally have her <3

Next up was the pony to go with her! I squealed again when I opened this one :blush:

The next day was a really bad day, and then I came home and opened this beauty:

Aaaaah. I've been wanting Masquerade so badly for so long <3  She's absolutely gooorgeous! Within three days, you totally managed to get the three items right at the top of my wishlist  :biggrin:

Next up was this adorable knitting kit! I can't wait to knit him up in time for next year <3

Then PONY EAR MUFFS. OMG. These are SO CUTE I love them so much <3 It's really chilly right now so I think they'll be getting lots of use!

Majesty was next! After Masquerade and the Celestias I thought the pony was over for sure, but it continued! I love her <3 White ponies are my favourite, and aaah, she's lovely~

Then some adorable pony stickers and a pony pen!

And...you know how I said I thought the pony was over? I WAS WRONG. LOOK. LOOKIT.

I honestly stared in shock at this one for a good minute or so. I put her on my wishlist thinking it wouldn't happen and it DID.

Thank you so much, Gemgemrosettes! I'm totally stoked with everything and I'm STILL buzzing over those gorgeous ponies (and doll)  :biggrin:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal