collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did eBay ruin my Rarity?  (Read 3773 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Did eBay ruin my Rarity?
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
I finally received my Rockin' Hairstyle Rarity (it took much longer to arrive than it usually takes from the States) anyhoo I saw the package and was, well, a little crestfallen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Now I can take a bit of a squish...I figured the worst that was coming to me was a separated plastic from paper kind of thing, until I took the outer wrapping off:

:cry: I wanted to keep her MIB like my RH AJ, but that's just impossible now!! So upon whom does the blame fall? Shoddy packaging or an over-zealous inspector? There's the big sticker that says "Re-Sealed by eBay"...so is it eBay? I'm so sad...I don't know if I'll find another one as they're proving expensive and HTF!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:05:44 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Re: Did eBay ruin my Rarity?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
I'm not sure if I can properly tell, but to me the parcel doesn't look like it was padded well enough to protect the package inside. The mail is not treated gently, a heavy package could easily have crushed yours -- I've had this happen with a copy of Pokémon LeafGreen in its original box. In my case I contacted the seller and told them that the box arrived flat, and I got a refund. That said, I haven't made any purchases through eBay yet. Best of luck! 
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
I don't think it was mashed enough to do that...agreed there DEFINITELY isn't enough packaging, but this has been slashed multiple times :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
It's a combo of both...
But if the item was well packaged, it wouldn't of been slashed.

Eta: that really sucks. :(
Contact your seller about the damage. Hopefully you can get some sort of refund, because it's obviously not as described. They have a responsibility of getting it to you without damage
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:39:03 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Ahhh...the dreaded Global Shipping Program strikes again!!!!!!!

I would message your seller and ask how exactly they packed the item to begin with.  The shipping center is notorious for trying to make packages as small and light as possible so they save money by cramming more into their container to head overseas. So they very well could have packed accordingly and eBay repacked it.

As far as what you can do, a case will unfortunately have to be open.  Once you open the case eBay will then review the case to determine whether the seller or Pitney Bowes should be responsible for the damage. 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »
I have a feeling that the ebay "shipping service" repacked your doll into a smaller carton so it could keep the shipping $$ and mail her for cheaper.  They are becoming notorious for this.

I would let the seller know what happened and why you need to file a claim-  even if the packaging fail is through no fault of her own, a claim needs to be opened for ebay to provide a refund.

What a bummer!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »
I've opened a claim and am waiting for a response. I feel just awful having to do it...I re-read my message about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being "one of those" buyers. I'm so disappointed...Rarity is absolutely perfect; no wonkiness, perfect paint, hair and clothing and exactly what I'd hoped for...for an MIB doll :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
I don't think the rarity box would of been slashed if the item was packaged right to begin with. GSP could of repackaged the item... yes-- it definitely happens and could of happened in this case. I could be thinking about this the wrong way, but the blade on a box cutter isn't that long. How did the box get slashed? I know that I make sure items aren't near an edge so they don't punctured while opening.

I'm crossing my fingers that you'll get a good response from your seller...

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
i blame ebay
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371354.0.html

shocking service with that global shipping, read through thread above

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 02:49:50 AM »
Ahhh...the dreaded Global Shipping Program strikes again!!!!!!!

I would message your seller and ask how exactly they packed the item to begin with.  The shipping center is notorious for trying to make packages as small and light as possible so they save money by cramming more into their container to head overseas. So they very well could have packed accordingly and eBay repacked it.

As far as what you can do, a case will unfortunately have to be open.  Once you open the case eBay will then review the case to determine whether the seller or Pitney Bowes should be responsible for the damage. 

I'm  going to agree with Ponylady's advice.  Check with the seller how they packed it. It may be they are partly to blame by not packing it enough in the first place ....or it may be completely the fault of the GSP repacking - as others have said, they are known for trying to make monies from repacking with much less packaging/protection - they may have removed all the safer packaging from your seller and repacked it like this. I'm inclined to believe it was more the fault of the GSP TBH :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 07:28:06 AM »
I have a feeling that the ebay "shipping service" repacked your doll into a smaller carton so it could keep the shipping $$ and mail her for cheaper.  They are becoming notorious for this.

I would let the seller know what happened and why you need to file a claim-  even if the packaging fail is through no fault of her own, a claim needs to be opened for ebay to provide a refund.

What a bummer!

This should be criminal!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
It's a combo of both...

The fact the package was slashed doesn't automatically mean it was poorly packaged;  it could mean the item was initally wrapped in brown packaging paper or bubblewrap inside its original box.  Pitney Bowes opens brown packaging paper or bubblewrap with a box-cutter.

I would tell the seller you are NOT happy with the Global Shipping Program in hopes that they will stop using it.  Send them pictures of the damage.  That is straightout ridiculous. 

And I guess the claim would be filed against the seller, and they in turn would try to get Pitney Bowes to payout??  I don't really know.  Maybe getting filed against will make them more likely to drop the GSP.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:00:20 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »
It's a combo of both...

The fact the package was slashed doesn't automatically mean it was poorly packaged;  it could mean the item was initally wrapped in brown packaging paper or bubblewrap inside its original box.  Pitney Bowes opens brown packaging paper or bubblewrap with a box-cutter.
Well, that to me is bad packaging because no protection from things that can crush it, or from the *buyer* opening it. I try to keep those things in mind as a seller.  Maybe I over package stuff *shrug*

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
Wrapping an item in bubblewrap doesn't mean there isn't other padding to keep the item from moving, though.

We don't know what the original packaging was like before Pitney Bowes repackaged it.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 04:44:24 PM »
Wrapping an item in bubblewrap doesn't mean there isn't other padding to keep the item from moving, though.

We don't know what the original packaging was like before Pitney Bowes repackaged it.

Oooh, I get what you mean now. :) thanks for mentioning that to me. Although without knowing what original packing was, I'm still hesitant to say full blame on either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal