collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller 'can't find' my pony  (Read 582 times)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Seller 'can't find' my pony
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
An Ebay seller had several pony auctions... I bid on and won a Sunbeam I wanted and then to save on postage costs, I also bid on and won two more ponies. I requested a total including combined postage and got it.

Then I go on to pay and I have got a cancellation request on the Sunbeam (only), saying the seller can't find that Sunbeam, but can find another (basically bait) Sunbeam I can have for free, or I can have a discount on postage for the remaining two ponies.

To be honest, I wouldn't have bid on the other two ponies if I wasn't getting them to accompany the Sunbeam I wanted. So I'd rather just cancel the whole transaction.

What options do I have here?  :huh:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Seller 'can't find' my pony
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:32 AM »
Your seller doesn't sound unreasonable, why not try explaining what you just wrote here and see how you go? It's not your fault they lost your main item.

Offline Whippycorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »
Thanks... I guess I will try that, but what if they refuse, can they open a NPB against me?
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:15 AM »
Thanks... I guess I will try that, but what if they refuse, can they open a NPB against me?

If they no longer have the pony (Sunbeam), then I think you stand a good chance of cancelling the entire transaction.  Worst case scenario, you may have to pay for the other ponies.

If I was the seller in this case, I think it would be more than fair to cancel the entire transaction.  I can understand and respect that request. After all, it's the seller's fault that they lost the pony.  If they did for some reason open a nonpaying bidder claim, and you included copies of your messages between you and the seller, then I think it would be safe to say that eBay would likely rule in your favor. 

Hope everything works out for the both of you! =)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »
I had this happen to me once, but I asked the seller to please check again and see if they could find  the missing pony since thats one I really wanted (they did check and they did find it) . Its best in your case here to explain the situation to them (as the others mentioned - thanks ;) :heart: )  and see what they say.  I dont see there being a problem cancelling the transaction since it is not your fault that the seller lost the main item you wanted.  Your seller does seem like they will work with you :)
Please let us know how it goes :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »
I had this happen to me once but I was the seller. A nice lady from the UK had bought several ponies from me including a near mint Baby Cotton Candy and I had forgotten to move those photos to the "sold" folder and so I thought I still had her (I keep my photos for a little while after I sell a pony just in case there is a problem and someone wants to return the item or so I can reference any problem and I have proof!). So, I had to break the news that I did not have her anymore but I had another Baby Cotton Candy in not as nice shape that I could send for free and give her a discount on her other purchases. And guess what? She wanted to pay for that Baby Cotton Candy. I told her no, I could not accept any payment because it was my error and she was not in nearly as good of shape as the other one. Her hair was faded and frizzy and she had some marks. So, she was willing to take her and she still wanted her other purchases. She left me great feedback when they arrived!

So, I think if you let your seller know your dilemma, that you only bought the others because of Sunbeam, they would understand and cancel your order completely. Communication is the key. Just be polite in your messages.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »
Having been on the other side of this situation - I once sold Baby Firefly's playpen on ebay only for it to be "borrowed" by a certain dog who shall remain nameless [I had broken the playpen down to reduce shipping for the buyer and the pup stole envelope from desk and ate envelope, bubble wrap and playpen *head desk*] - if I was your seller I would be doing anything the buyer wanted! Cancelling the whole transaction seems like the easiest option.

I hope it works out for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Whippycorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07:38 PM »
Thanks all. The update is that I felt mean asking him/her to cancel the order, so I went ahead and agreed to a reduced postage instead. :blush: They haven't arrived yet though, hopefully soon.  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal