collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting very upset with university mail!  (Read 4058 times)

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Getting very upset with university mail!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »
Glitzy (and everyone else with problems!), if you suspect mail is being mishandled or stolen, file a professionally-toned, detailed complaint here!

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx

Mail tampering and theft is something the Postal Inspectors take very seriously since it's an arrestable offense. I directed a lot of people to the USPI's when I worked for the USPS.

(And I'm glad to see that Kotty's inappropriate remark has been called out. This was NOT the place to start making insinuations about other people's finances. I'm not trying to sound mean here, Kotty, just adding to the pile of "remember this for future reference" you've had set on your imaginary desk.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:18:55 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 10:13:47 PM »
Glitzy (and everyone else with problems!), if you suspect mail is being mishandled or stolen, file a professionally-toned, detailed complaint here!

Mail tampering and theft is something the Postal Inspectors take very seriously since it's an arrestable offense. I directed a lot of people to the USPI's when I worked for the USPS.

(And I'm glad to see that Kotty's inappropriate remark has been called out. This was NOT the place to start making insinuations about other people's finances. I'm not trying to sound mean here, Kotty, just adding to the pile of "remember this for future reference" you've had set on your imaginary desk.)
This!  I had an expensive Alitas go missing at my local post office a few weeks ago, and I called them every day to solve the problem.  I was lucky it was just misplaced at the office, and maybe that's your case too Glitzy. 

When I was at University, a million years ago, I had a lot of packages delivered to me (anyone see a pattern here???!) and not one went missing.  The staff at the University post were college students, so they were less than careful about mail sorting.  I would file a complaint with your local PO about how your packages are being handled.

Also Glitzy, no one here is upset with you.  As far as I can tell, you've done everything you're supposed to do.  I hope you eventually get your pony and this whole situation works out:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 12:11:54 AM »

I'm going to ignore some of the comments in this thread for fear of becoming very negative. The best thing I can do as a long time seller on ebay is give some advice.

My advice to sellers:
Do not give feedback till the buyer gets the item, has it in hand and lets you know they have it.

On giving a refund,  if you have proof the item was delivered and you still give a refund then you should always...always....always give appropriate feedback to warn other sellers of what happened.

In this situation I would at the very least given a neutral feedback to the buyer. Other sellers should be aware of this situation. I would also give warning on places like the arena and the trading post about this.

I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to give a refund, I might have done the same thing if I was the seller. But it would all depend on how the buyer handled the situation.

I probably would not have given a refund if there was proof that the item was delivered, and add into that the buyer started a thread over here on the arena about the auction, and opened a case on ebay and used not knowing how to use ebay as the reason for it.

This is nothing against the buyer, obviously the buyer knows what is going on so someone who is fair minded person would not object to an honest assessment/feedback of what happened during this transaction.

The advice I have for the buyer: pay for Insurance or pay for proof of delivery. You should advise any people you are buying from of the issue and that you need additional mail services added to your package from now on.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 12:28:13 AM »
In this situation I would at the very least given a neutral feedback to the buyer. Other sellers should be aware of this situation. I would also give warning on places like the arena and the trading post about this.

I don't think that's even possible now. I thought sellers couldn't leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. (My parents actually had their ebay account suspended for a week because they tried to leave truthful, negative feedback about a buyer.)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 12:41:59 AM »
You can not leave, what Ebay considers a "false positive" on a buyers account.

Her feedback that she has left for others speaks for itself, if you want me to be honest. I have sold to her in the past with no issues and she seems to get "some" packages going by her feedback. The university must be pretty picky and choosey on what they steal or throw away. Like I said I refunded her money in good faith but I also blocked her from future purchases.  I am sorry Glitzy but I nor others should be out money and items for a problem that you know is and has been an ongoing issue with your University.

Also contrary to what some may think that I am rolling around in the dough, I am not.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 12:48:15 AM »
How come I am able to leave Neutral feedback to buyers then?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:57:47 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:27 AM »
Nope not anymore, unfortunately  :huh:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »
Nope not anymore, unfortunately  :huh:

hummm...very strange.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:31 AM »
For a while it would let you do it even though you're not supposed to. I don't know if that's still the case?  That's how my parents had their account suspended. They went to leave feedback, and the feedback page let them leave negative feedback, so they did. Then ebay came knocking and shut their account down.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »
For a while it would let you do it even though you're not supposed to. I don't know if that's still the case?  That's how my parents had their account suspended. They went to leave feedback, and the feedback page let them leave negative feedback, so they did. Then ebay came knocking and shut their account down.

Did they open a case on the buyer first and contact them?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 01:05:13 AM »
They changed sellers being able to leave anything but a positive back in 2008.

There reason, straight from Ebay:

Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 01:09:05 AM »
They changed sellers being able to leave anything but a positive back in 2008.

There reason, straight from Ebay:

Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable.

Well, sorry for the bad advice. I just know last time I sold, a few months ago the neutral and negative sections were available when leaving feedback so I was unaware you could not leave at least neutral, so maybe I can't leave it but it's just there?

I'm assuming the arena still allows you to give appropriate feedback?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
 :lol:..your advice was perfect. The whole feedback system just really burns me up. They have made it so unfair for sellers. I also blame it for the rash of NPB's out there. I mean what repercussion do sellers have anymore for deadbeat bidders, nothing zilch. Ebay slaps them on the wrist and they continue their nonsense to other unknowing sellers out there because honest feedback cannot be left.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2013, 01:14:52 AM »
tl:dr - Ebay wanted more money, so they decided to screw their sellers rather than their buyers. Sellers have no way to know if a buyer is shady, and it is completely ridiculous.

I think now if you click negative or neutral it doesn't let you leave feedback but it takes you to like the problem resolution area, or whatever. 

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »

Thats a wonderful idea! Especially if you can get the other students who have had this problem to also file complaints! Your school will not be able to ignore you if the USPS gets involved.

ALSO Glitzy please understand that no one here is mad at you so there is no reason to feel like you need to leave this site. It was Kottys comment that was inappropriate and we understand that you are two different people and that you can not control what she says; SO we do not hold it against you. We just want to help :hug:
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal