collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to identify a rerooted pony?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: How to identify a rerooted pony?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:29 AM »
I concur that they are not rehairs either.  There was nearly no production quality guarantees then and there are not really any now. 

Another thing to consider, is the ponies themselves.  While they are nice, and somewhat hard to find, they are simply not worth the struggle to rehair and sell for a normal price.  If it was a rarer pony, maybe someone would rehair them, but those two, there really is no point.

Honey Bunches

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »
Thanks for posting this! And thank to the buyer for speaking up as well.

They certainly look like they have original hair! Is it possible that hair could have been removed from a bad head and "re-rooted" on to the head of the pony purchased? I've never attempted anything to do with manes so I am completely in the dark - please don't laugh at my question!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »

They certainly look like they have original hair! Is it possible that hair could have been removed from a bad head and "re-rooted" on to the head of the pony purchased? I've never attempted anything to do with manes so I am completely in the dark - please don't laugh at my question!
The impression I've gotten is that it's possible, technically, but incredibly unlikely--the process of dehairing a pony generally involves cutting it close to the scalp to make removing it from the inside easier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »

The impression I've gotten is that it's possible, technically, but incredibly unlikely--the process of dehairing a pony generally involves cutting it close to the scalp to make removing it from the inside easier.

yep, you might be able to transfer hair from an adult to a baby, or an adult tail to a mane or a baby, but it'd be a lot of work!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »
Starbow is minus a washer, Streaky isn't. I've got a photo of Starbow, Streaky's neckhole was a bit small. There is just more hair visible than I'm used to seeing and it is pretty much identical to how my Sugarberry reroot looks.  :blink:

This looks quite normal to me.  That does not signal a rehair in my opinion.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 01:04:01 AM »

Its possible, but its not an easy task. And I dont think the hair looks like it has been moved, it looks completly normal inside the head. Also, I doubt anyone would go through all the work with these common ponies.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 03:11:44 AM »

ughh I have done this with a daddy berrytown, it takes hours and hours I have being working him for months and have broken many needles, people only do this with expensive/ htf ponies :  )

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 04:03:47 AM »
Agreed - the hair looks completely original  and the inside looks normal too . Not all ponies have neat hair inside :nod:  I think the heads had just been removed to sort out the washers/rust and its nothing to worry about. If the buyer isnt happy though , maybe do a return/refund

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 01:55:15 AM »
They are not rehairs.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 07:56:22 PM »
Both of these ponies I have from my childhood collection (meaning I nought and decarded them myself) and they look identical to these (mine were well played with and their hairs are in identical  condition, though I recurled my Streaky). These are definitely not rehairs so you have nothing to worry about.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
Is this solved yet?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal