collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with member Gustyfox solved  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Problem with member Gustyfox solved
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
This is the first time anything like that has happened to me, and on here. Well, first time for everything.
I'm really angry now, very angry.
Gustyfox sold me Brazil Love Melody. She told me she could offer to ship her from US instead of Brazil, which would be cheaper for me, so I agreed to that.
I paid her directly via paypal. She asked if I could send money as gift, but unfortunately, this is no payment option on German paypal.
Yesterday she sent me a pm asking for more money to cover her taxes and paypal fees!
I refused, and told her that I would not have had any problems paying paypal fees in advance if she had told me, but a couple of days later.
This morning now she has refunded my paypal payment, and sent me a pm that she has received higher offers on Love Melody, and because she wanted to make money, refunded me.
I am pissed!!! Very much!!!
The sale was not even an auction type, she had a price, and I PAID!
I mean, I cannot force her to sell the pony to me, I just think that this is very wrong behaviour on part of a seller, and especially in the pony community!

Can I leave her feedback for this on here?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:38:18 AM by Honeycomb »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with member Gustyfox
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
Since you paid for it and it was a transaction, I don't see why you can't leave bad feedback. That is completely rude of her! Thanks for the heads up. A sale is a sale.. that's just ridiculous that she refunded your money to make more after she already sold it to you. And to go and ask for more money after you already paid... ugh.

Thanks for the heads up on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Did she approach you about paying the fees before you paid? Or did she just ask to have the payment sent as a gift and not mention covering fees if gifting was not possible?

When I ask people to send payments as a gift, but do not discuss paying the fees if they are uncomfortable sending it that way or not able to do so, I also try to give the alternative of paying the fees (and I try to provide an estimate).

If I forget to mention the alternative of paying the fees up front, then I would not feel comfortable going back to my buyer after they have paid and ask them to send more money. Even if it was a substantial amount.

I do agree a sale is a sale once payment is sent, but I also see the other side as well. And as a seller, I try to be upfront and clear as possible about every aspect of the transaction - from flaws to payment methods and fees. If I fail to disclose something like covering fees, then as a seller I think I should eat that and not go back on my buyer because of my mistake.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
No, she didn't mention any fees whatsoever, just asked me to send as a gift. It was not a substantial amount, she was asking for 5 USD, but her explanation why was just ......
And it was she who offered to send the pony for cheaper from the US, I didn't even ask her to do that! I would have paid the higher charges from Brazil as well, because I really wanted that pony.
I do see the side of the seller as well, I know that paypal has enormous fees, so if I don't want to cover those, a) I don't offer paypal, b)I ask the buyer upfront to pay for them c) I calculate it into the asking price for the pony. 

That's what she wrote in the last pms I got:
------------------------------------
Hello

I hope my question won't bother you, but would you mind adding extra US$5 to the pony total?
I mean, from what you sent me, after insane Brasilian taxes and paypal regular fees I got only US52, this is even less than the pony itself (that was 55), and I'm already offering a much more affordable shipping option than shipping from Brasil.

I'm sorry to bother, just let me know what would you like to do. Sorry about it.

Have a nice day

--------------------------------
October 31
Hey, 

sorry, don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to sound mean or anything. But I really don't want to pay anything more after, because I think that's uncalled for. You gave me two shipping options, and I chose the cheaper one. You could have added paypal fees onto your selling price, or asked to cover those fees directly. With that I don't have problems. But now I won't pay anything anymore. Sorry

-------------------------
Hello

Ok, if you don't mind I'm going to refund then.
I got offers on her and didn't sold to anyone else because I had priced her US$55. I don't mind giving free shipping. But right now I'm getting less than US$55 for her because of taxes. I was hoping to have money sent as gift so we wouldn't have this issue.

I'm sorry.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about this   :(  Paypal fees can be a pain.   I understand her not wanting to make a loss on the pony due to having to pay those fees, but really it should have been mentioned as soon as you said that you could not pay by the gift option, or worked into the price of the pony originally so there were no surprise extra costs later.
Since the transaction did go through, then you can leave some feedback if you want to.  Did you reply to the last message she sent you?

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
Covering the fees should have been mentioned up front before the payment was made as an alternative to the gift option. Not after the fact as in this case. :(
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
No, I didn't reply. I was too angry when I saw the paypal refund.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
She should of said about the fees upfront. When I sell something I always figure in the fees when I sell on ebay. It was not right for her to ask later on. Is she new at selling? I am not sure if negative feedback is right, but maybe a yellow one. Gosh this is a hard one, the main thing is that its all up to you.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
I know as long as your transaction takes place on the arena you can leave feedback on the arena. If it was sold on another forum you couldn't leave feedback here.

I am sorry this happened.  I have to agree with what others have said that if this was an expensive pony the discussion of helping with fees should have been agreed upon before you paid.  I am glad she refunded you right away though instead of sitting on this for a long time.  I am not sure though that this was a very good way to handle a transaction.  Once she agreed to take your payment and payment was made you were involved in a sale so yes...if it took place here feedback should be left regarding what happened.   It is true that no one has to sell a pony if they don't want to but that kind of thing really isn't good to do and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Post Merge: October 31, 2012, 08:19:34 PM

Honestly though 5USD really isn't very much to change an entire sale over.  I know for myself I would gladly have sent that to her to have a pony I wanted. Its not like it was 20.00.  Can I ask you why you were not wanting to pay just 5.00?  How much would that have cost you where you are? I am curious as maybe the exchange rate makes it higher?  Its not a whole lot in USD amount and she did seem to be asking in a nice way.  Its true though it should have been factored in before...but to have your pony....would it have been that much??  I am not trying to take any side...I am just wondering.  I do understand how you feel that it was more money asked for after the fact and that doesn't seem fair...but if it was a small amount....I would like to see you have your pony that you wanted...I was just hoping maybe she would change her mind?  And let you have it. I know you don't want to pay that and shouldn't really have to, but its not much unless it coverts higher. :huh:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:25:41 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Honeycomb

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
That's her sales post btw.

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,311701.0.html

No mentioning of fees.

Edit:

No, I don't think 5 USD is much, but like I said, I am not willing to pay for paypal fees after the transaction was already made and I wasn't told beforehand.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:26:57 PM by Honeycomb »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
Well she isn't new to selling at all. It looks like she has done very well with her selling.  Maybe she just forgot to mention it and was hoping you wouldn't mind sending it to her after the fact.  Maybe too she was shocked at how much PP took out of her amount and that wasn't okay with her and she had no way of knowing that until she saw it happen...because perhaps everyone else is able to use the gift option.  Maybe this is the first time she encountered someone who couldn't use that option.  If it was the first time I can see why it might have been a shock to see so much money go to fees that you are not expecting because you have not had a transaction like that before. :huh:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:33:43 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Honeycomb

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
She has had such transactions before, I looked at her feedback, and another German member bought from her recently. So she knows the fees and the non-available gift option in Germany. :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
I would definitely leave her feedback!  :(  That is completely not okay! 

We've had quite the discussion on Paypal fees here lately, and the majority of people feel it's part of the cost of accepting Paypal as payment.  She should have either asked a higher selling price of the pony or mentioned that fees would be charged BEFORE the transaction was concluded.  As the price was agreed upon and money exchanged, it's inappropriate to not complete the sale and send your pony.  :(  Even worse to say she was taking offers after listing it as a sale item with a set price, and then refund your money!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
NOT okay   leave appropriate feedback
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:53 AM »
I would definitely leave her feedback!  :(  That is completely not okay! 

We've had quite the discussion on Paypal fees here lately, and the majority of people feel it's part of the cost of accepting Paypal as payment.  She should have either asked a higher selling price of the pony or mentioned that fees would be charged BEFORE the transaction was concluded.  As the price was agreed upon and money exchanged, it's inappropriate to not complete the sale and send your pony.  :(  Even worse to say she was taking offers after listing it as a sale item with a set price, and then refund your money!

This,

personally I prefer it if the seller factors the paypal fees into the sale of the pony & I'm  none the wiser. I don't feel that its right for a seller to ask the buyer to pay these, but thats imo. Thankfully I've only ever been asked to pay once as the gift option has also been removed for me too.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:39:45 AM by Sea Breeze »
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal