collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *UPDATE* My first awkward eBay buyer... Help, please?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
*UPDATE* My first awkward eBay buyer... Help, please?
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
Update: Logged on to eBay this morning to find the buyer had escalated the case to Customer Support (no surprises there) -

'Hello capricorn301290,
The buyer has asked Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.
We'll get back to you within 48 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.'

But what really knocked me for 6 was the second message -

'Hello capricorn301290,
A case has been opened because the buyer has an issue with an item purchased from you. We've reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer with a full refund of £14.00. The refund includes the purchase price plus original postage & packaging. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.
This case is now closed. You aren't required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

You can view the details of the case in the Resolution Centre.'

I figured they'd side with the buyer as per usual, but...I 'don't have to reimburse the buyer or eBay'? What the flip? :blink: That sounds FAR too nice to be true. Any thoughts?

Ugh. I've not used eBay for selling that much, but when my MH dolls weren't selling on the Arena I thought I'd try my luck.

The sold item, a nude Werewolf Sisters Clawdeen - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170888442139?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I had her listed as a BIN of £12, but appected the buyer's offer of £10 as I wanted her sold. I posted it 1st Class on the 14th, and it was only going an hour or so up to Coleraine in Northern Ireland. Then on the 22nd I found that the buyer had opened an 'item not as described' case, and sent me this -

'Hi, the listing was for a 2pack but I only received one doll??? Also the doll does not look brand new. Please advise asap.'

To which I replied -

'Hi there,

I'm sorry you're displeased, but both the listing description and photos indicate that only the single doll was for sale.

The doll also still has the rubber band and styling product from the factory in her hair, plus her curls are unbrushed. Her hairstyle was flattened at the back from having just been removed from the card she was packaged on - I don't see how that's anything other than brand new, as listed.

Thanks'

Buyer then dropped all mention of the doll 'not looking brand new', and came back with -

'Hi, your title and description clearly states 'Werewolf sisters/2-pack (with Howleen) Clawdeen Wolf' - this I assumed was for the 2 pack doll. I agree there was only one photograph but your did not make it clear it was for one doll - the only exception you mentioned was that the stand was not included! I feel that your listing was misleading. Please advise.'

I sigh to myself, and send what I and some others believed was a polite, reasonable explanation of the listing and of the buyer's confusion -

'Hi there,

'Werewolf Sisters/2-pack' is used to describe this particular release of Clawdeen Wolf; as in the release that came packaged '(with Howleen)'.

Howleen was never pictured, and the listing speaks of 'doll', singular.

Plus given the fact that the 2-pack retails for £30 in store, the BIN price was £12, and I accepted your lower offer of £10, common sense should indicate that you're not buying the complete set.

Again, I'm sorry you're displeased, but there was nothing misleading about the listing if it was read and understood correctly.

Thanks'

Then...nothing. 5 days passed with no word from the buyer, though the case against me remained open. Wanting to show that I'm trying to make an effort with this person, I sent another message this morning -

'Hi there, I see that you still have the case open, yet you've not responded to me after I answered your questions.

After my explanation, can you tell me why you still don't consider this case resolved? Many thanks'

Within half an hour I had a reply -

'I am not satisfied because your listing was misleading in the title and in the main body. You sent me a very condescending email ''Werewolf Sisters/2-pack' is used to describe this particular release of Clawdeen Wolf; as in the release that came packaged '(with Howleen)'. Howleen was never pictured, and the listing speaks of 'doll', singular. Plus given the fact that the 2-pack retails for £30 in store, the BIN price was £12, and I accepted your lower offer of £10, common sense should indicate that you're not buying the complete set. Again, I'm sorry you're displeased, but there was nothing misleading about the listing if it was read and understood correctly' suggesting that I didn't understand the listing. I can assure you that I am well educated and understood it perfectly. I am not satisfied with the item I received against the listing you supplied and I am not satisfied with the way you dealt with my enquiry.'

I think it's obvious by now that the buyer has no intention of reaching a solution other than 'give me my money back', which I really don't think is fair given that any confusion was purely their own.

I'm also worried that bar the last 2 messages, I'd been in contact through the normal Inbox system, rather than as a message through the Case *facepalm*. I don't know if Inbox messages are taken into account when claims are escalated, which I'm sure this will be.

This is really stressing me out, and I just want this finished and done with, but I'm loathe to refund this buyer for nothing! Everything from waiting over a week from recieveing to open the claim, bull crap accusations about the doll not being new, which were quickly dropped and the lower offer price being resonable for a single, nude doll, but stupidly low for the 2-pack, just screams 'buyer's remorse' to me.

I know eBay nearly always sides with the buyer these days, but do you think there's any way of making my case stronger? This all seems ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:10:06 AM by fiwen30 »
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: My first awkward eBay buyer... Help, please?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:03 AM »
Just let her return it for a refund. When people start acting rude I become a robot and say "Ship back with tracking and I will refund once original item is returned".

I will also make it clear that if the doll is opened I will not be refunding  her.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:54:45 AM »
yeah i think a " ship it back and ill refund you the cost of the doll"
make it cllear if you will reinvers shipping,  id say no to that tho,  "  return the doll and ill refund you for the item, not the shipping"

also in future  put a disclaimer in yout listings,
i always put at the botom,  "all sales final, please choose carfully as i do not accept returns or refunds on any items"

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »
People are not pleasant some times and it seems they tend to flock to ebay..

I hate taking returns but in this case you should send them a message saying to send it back.  Tell them it must have tracking and you'll refund them once it's received.  The item must be received in the same shape you shipped it to the buyer (some people are spiteful).   There's a good chance the buyer will give up and not even ship it back.
I have used messages from eBay's message system to prove a buyer to be dishonest, so don't worry about it.  You could always call eBay and ask them to look into your messages.

If you really don't want to do a refund you could call ebay(I like calling ebay) and have them look into the buyers history.  They might pull this particular scam all the time. 

Edit- when this is all done and sorted out you should add him/her to your block list.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:16:00 AM by kakenterprise »

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »
I just want to add that if I make a mistake I would totally refund the return shipping. You haven't made a mistake. Her argument is ridiculous. People put keywords in their title ALL the time. you are supposed to read the auction and see what the auction item is.

The title is only a hint and many times it's a jumble of keywords so you don't really know what's included until you see the picture.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
I honestly think you have handled it tackfully and professional.

I also believe your auction description and picture were clear that she would only be receiving Clawdeen.

If she escalates the claim, make it clear that she must return it for a refund. And that you have tried to work with her.  I would in noway give her a partial or even a full refund.  Just because she misread it does not give her the right to demand either.  And Ebay will not force you to anyways.  They will advise her to ship it back at her cost with tracking before a refund will be issued.

I would make sure though that any further communications go through the dispute system.  Ebay will not look into your inbox during this process. 

Good Luck and I hope things turn out in your favor.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
It makes me wonder about all the: "Ditsy Doo, Lyra, Nightmare Moon, FIM Sweetie Belle Pony" listings and the like.

Seems like half the ebay listings for MLP now include "Ditsy Doo, Lyra, and Nightmare Moon" even though they are not selling those ponies.  So does that mean you should buy that Sweetie Belle and expect to get Ditsy, Lyra, and Nightmare moon too all for Sweeties price?  Would be nice.  ;)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks everyone! *sigh* looks like I'll be getting this damned Clawdeen back then >.<
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
If you get her back, I might possibly be interested in her  :biggrin:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
Fi, there is nothing wrong with letting them escalate in this situation.  There is a chance ebay will side with you because the item IS as describe.  If you haven't conversed with them in the dispute system, go ahead and send another message with the same information you already sent but make it go through the resolution center.  At the worst, ebay will tell you that you have to refund them but only after they send your doll back at their cost.  Chances are they will not do this. 

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »
wow tell her to return it and she will get a refund once you have it in hand.    this person seems to be trying to extort you into giving her money back and keeping the item.  careful.   let ebay know everything and paypal *hug*
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
I think your auction was very clear also and the best thing to do is offer and refund after you receive the item back. If ebay sees you offered a refund and she refused it, they will assume she may be trying to get something for nothing out of you and most likely they might side in your favor.  You can also if you feel it necessary to report this buyer for extortion if you feel there is any chance at all they are trying to keep a doll and be refunded when the auction was clear.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Your auction is not misleading in the least.

You told the condition of the doll, you TOLD what doll you were selling, and only using Howleen's name to identify what Clawdeen you were selling.

I don't think reading was the problem, more likely buyers remorse.

Send a message through the dispute system, telling the same thing you've already written to your buyer.  And in worst case scenario, offer a refund when you receive the doll back, but NOT offer to refund the shipping.

As a buyer, is our obligation to read and ask all questions if we're not sure about something.

Good luck =)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
Playing devils advocate here... taken from the listing:

Listing is for Werewolf sisters/2-pack (with Howleen) Clawdeen Wolf. Note: stand NOT included.

Doll is brand new, unplayed with, with makeup and hair fresh from the box.
Would make a fantastic custom/rehair project, or a great addition to a collection.

Please see my other listings for other Monster High dolls, accessories and more!

I can see, even though you were only selling Clawdeen, how the buyer  could believe she was misled in the auction. If you let it escalate to a claim, you have more than enough evidence on your side to win against her.

DontHurtMe  :cool:

Having worked in retail, I've had to learn to see things from both perspectives. I hate large print "Buy one Get one! " or "Buy one, get second half off! " just to have to tell confused customers that the fine print under the signs say " At equal or lesser value " or " From this rack only".

I hope you get it worked out  :(
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:59 AM »
I actually agree with cupcakewishes.  Which I look at it and assume it didn't have howleen as it was just a photo of clawdeen and said nude doll, not dolls, it is a little confusing.

Personally, if I was the buyer (or potential buyer) I would have messaged you first to clarify.  I would say refund and return.  It saves hassle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal