collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: bit of rant about ebay sellers  (Read 2152 times)

Stormpony6

• Trade Count: (0)
bit of rant about ebay sellers
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:51 AM »
Now 98% of sellers on ebay that i have dealt with are fantastic, excellent communication and very helpful. BUT why is it so hard to simply answer a question that a buyer has for you?

I have purchased a pony on ebay and BEFORE bidding asked why the postage between some of her ponies was different up to 20 dollars difference. and the answer i got was ' check the listing it is in the descrip'.

I went back to the description and read through the postage charges. Now i am being told that this item can ONLY be shipped in a box not a padded envelope like the others. there is nothing breakable on this pony so i dont know why this cant be put in an envelope. I went back and read through the descrip again and saw at the top of the listing saying it can only be shipped in a box. why couldnt the seller have just told me that in the first place? i wouldnt have gotten into a bidding war with someone if that is the case.

I can understand if this pony had a heap of fragile sculpting than a box is def necessary however the sculpting is flat to the body so a padded envelope would be suffice.

>.< bleh rant over *hands out cookies*

hikari_amaya

Re: bit of rant about ebay sellers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:59:45 AM »
Ahhhh I think I dealt with the same seller. If it has valley in the name, She bit my head off when I asked about shipping and I brought up the price differences she told me to check her auctions for info... it didn't make sense to the point I said forget it, keep the pony. But I got outbidded easily. I found the original artist for one of the customs she was attempting to sell and I'm getting a custom made from them :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
It's completely unneccesary for sellers to snap at buyers like that, it always really puts me off. It sound like she was tired of answering the same question over and over, due to lack of info in the listing. But if you weren't happy with the shipping cost and/or her reply, why did you still bid? *confused*

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
little.fox is right there is no need to snap at buyers because you can't be bothered to answer questions.  If you get tired of answering the same question over and over, then I think it's time to review your listing and make it more clear to buyers what your shipping charges are.

The thing is ebay makes it so easy for you.  She would just have to enter a weight and hit calculated shipping for Worldwide.  It would save her alot of aggravation in the end.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
totally agree with you all!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
That really is bad business sense! It's easy enough to miss a sentence or two in a description, and if someone bothers to send a message and ask before bidding (and therefore avoid issues down the road) I'll always happily answer questions. It's weird when sellers can't be bothered to answer a simple question, especially when they obviously sell on eBay for their main income. You'd think people would be a tad more protective of their reputation and livelihood! Oh well, I guess that just means more business for the rest of us :P

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
Also a lot of selllers have all their info in HUGE letters which is a bit hard on the eyes.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Stormpony6

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
Huge letters would have been helpful. I bid cause she said check the listing and the postage was 6.60 so i thought that was better than the 24.50advertised, ebay calculater does.have a problem over charging sometimes. But in very small writing at the top no where near the shipping charges is where she says shipped only in box. My point is i asked before bidding to try and avoid problems. If shehad said only in a box when i asked this whole issue could have been.avoided

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
Hey Stormpony6!  I just won Ambar Jul's Quetzelcoatl from this seller.  Just to play devil's advocate, I think that there might be a language barrier.  She is from the Netherlands, so the info might be getting lost in translation.  I had contacted her about several of her customs and shipping costs and she was very polite and thanked me for my interest.  I'm sorry though if your experience wasn't as pleasant.  :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
In the Netherlands we can only ship envelopes cheap that arent wider than
About 3 cm. Otherwise it becomes package post and that is really expensive.
So thin ponies fit fine lol.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Also, I just have to say, as a customizer, I would NEVER ship a pony with ANY sculpting in an envelope. I wouldn't really send any custom in just an envelope period, but certainly not something with sculpting. You really can't fault the seller for wanting to provide proper protection for the item they're sending.

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »
In the Netherlands we can only ship envelopes cheap that arent wider than
About 3 cm. Otherwise it becomes package post and that is really expensive.
So thin ponies fit fine lol.

This is completely true! Padded envelope or box doesn't make a difference. If it is wider than 3 cm, a postbox opening, it will always be sent as a parcel and be very expensive, because dimensions don't make a difference in postage cost. So whether she would have put your pony in a box or envelope, you would have to pay the high amount. Shipping from the Netherlands is ridiculous unfortunately :( Upside: it's very reliable and usually fast!
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »
Glad to hear that we've all learned a little bit more about Dutch postal costs!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal