collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: dreading an imminent negative ebay feedback :( *big rant*  (Read 3814 times)

cody_sunday

• Trade Count: (0)
dreading an imminent negative ebay feedback :( *big rant*
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »
a heads up to anyone who might also trade in Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters over eBay!

i've recently gone through all my childhood collection of Sylvanian Families to sell over eBay, and had 9 lots of buildings and accessories bought by the same user: right1sttime
as she won so many items in one go, she requested driving to my house to pick them up so i've just had the misfortune of dealing with a horrible eBayer in person :/
[/size]
[/size]on arrival she was very grumpy and immediately started complaining about the quality of the items, in particular the faded red roof of a shop building. when i was baffled and explained to her that it was written in the item description and shown exactly the same colour in the photographs. she denied that that was the case, and then when i brought over my laptop and showed her it on the eBay listing she still continued to deny it was accurate and wouldn't believe that colour can fade on 20+ year old plastic :huh:

before the day she was due to pick the items up i requested several times that she make the payment for everything over Paypal as it's my only listed method of payment, and she responded once stating that she intended to pay cash on collection and then ignored all further communication from me saying that i didn't want that as Paypal is the only method i wanted to accept. when she turned up for collection she had still made no Paypal payment so i had to ask her for the cash (£109.01 total) and she didn't have the right money available. when i said i didn't have change because i had requested repeatedly that she pay via Paypal not cash in person she tried to get out of paying the £9.01 because she was "certainly not paying anything extra because she was unhappy paying anything at all". luckily my dad overheard and came out with £1 in change to sort that.

she made it clear that she thought i was a dishonest seller even though i showed her IN PERSON that the item description stated the faded roof, and that the colour was identical in person to in the photo, and she told me i can expect negative feedback from her.  :mad:

we've just had customer service training at my work, so i tried to be as nice as possible even though i was fuming, and carried the last box to her car for her and said i was sorry she was dissatisfied with the shop lot and hoped that the other 8 were at least all ok for her. she replied with something along the lines of saying she would be checking everything else thoroughly when she got it home, so now i'm dreading picky criticisms of everything else too. i attempted to stay cheery and said thank you for driving to pick everything up because it was certainly easier on me than having to carry so much into the post office, and she ignored me, walked away, and slammed the car door.
 :enraged:

i've had disputes with other eBayers in the past, but it's really quite upsetting to deal with someone so unreasonable in person instead of over the internet!
[/size]i would definitely recommend avoiding dealing with this buyer, as she not only didn't read the listing thoroughly resulting in drama for everyone involved, she stubbornly refused to accept the clear-as-day fact that the item was exactly as pictured and now i'm going to have my feedback rating hacked down because of it :(

once again it's ridiculous that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, as this is definitely a situation that calls for it.

*rant over* D:

xx

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: dreading an imminent negative ebay feedback :( *big rant*
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
*hugs* You were dealing with a bully. She wanted to bully you into a better price. I don't think it would have mattered how pristine these items were, fault would have still been found. I've run into more then my fare share of those types in past jobs.

As far as I know, though, Ebay is much better about removing false negative FB. Hopefully, there is that.

cody_sunday

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
thank you :)

i hope you're right about being able to remove any negative feedback, eBay are so biased towards protecting the buyer instead of the seller. i'm dreading them saying there's nothing i can do!

xx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
First of all *hugs*   :hug:  hug:  :hug:  that sounds like a completely horrible experience and I think you did great to keep calm  with this person, even though she was awful to deal with.  I also think you did the right thing to show her the listing, and to not give her any discount  :bigups:

*hugs* You were dealing with a bully. She wanted to bully you into a better price. I don't think it would have mattered how pristine these items were, fault would have still been found.

This for sure! ^^  there is a good chance she went with the intention of bullying you into giving her the items for less :mad: . That is possibly the reason why she wanted to collect the items in person - since your listing is accurate so it would be harder online to try and get any discount/use bully tactics  :yikes:
I think I would definitely contact ebay about this - try and talk to them personally though on the phone - not just via email- and let them know about the situation.  I hope they would do the right thing and remove the feedback if she leaves a neg. There are no guarantees that they will, but it has to be worth a try.  At least do a follow up response to the neg briefly explaining what happened
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »
Holy cow, after that first bit of bitterness, I would have said "You're absolutely right, here's your money back!" and shoved her out the door.  No WAY should she have been that way toward you.

The fact that she knows where you live now frightens me. Hopefully she doesn't try anything physical. What a loon!
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

hikari_amaya

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »
Ok first block her if you are able so she can't be able to bid on your auctions or even buy them. Next call ebay alertt them of your situations. And honestly you shouldn't of even allowed her to come to your house. Even if they insist.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:41 AM »
What an terrible person  :shocked: I really can't get how some people act as they do!
Hope it works out for you atleast  :hug:

You cant leave neg. feedback as a seller?  :blink: Thats weird!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:39 AM »
Ok first block her if you are able so she can't be able to bid on your auctions or even buy them. Next call ebay alertt them of your situations. And honestly you shouldn't of even allowed her to come to your house. Even if they insist.

I second all of this.

Well, even though I have met people at my apartment before AT LEAST they don't know which unit I came out of.

I once met a guy to sell him an $80 receiver. He was nice as can be and very polite. Seemed like a normal guy.

Then when I met him at the store he started acting so flakely and weird. Like I was trying to scam him. It took 20 minutes of hemming and hawing before he finally went through the deal and left. I don't know if he was trying to get a better price but yeah, that wasn't going to happen.

So I guess even the  nicest people can turn into weirdos. So happy he didn't come to my apartment!

I know sometimes you have to have someone come over to test something. But from my personal experience, people from Ebay get weirder than craigslist. Maybe cause they think they have leverage over you?

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
So sorry you had to deal with a rotten person, but never ever accept paypal with pickups. All the person has to do is file a non recieved claim and you have no proof of delivery. I'd be lucky she paid you in cash.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
If she did that to me I would have said"if that is how you feel about it, then leave and i will cancel the sale,I don't want to sell it to you unless you are 100 percent happy with it," then kick her out of your house. she is only acting like that because she was hoping to beat you down on the price. people act like that towards me all the time!! we have had that happen before and ebay would not remove the feedback. she did threaten to leave bad feedback though,
 which it is against ebay policy to threaten to leave a seller bad feedback. so be sure to contact ebay and tell them she threatened you with bad feedback. we have been threatened with bad feedback before, if you report her they will most likely suspend her ebay account!

she is yet another hateful person who doesnt know how to act in public,
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

koolkaci86

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 05:46:04 AM »
I still leave negative feedback if a buyer has been bad. Obviously you can't tick the negative box but I always write NEGATIVE (in capitals) and then my comment. I've only had to do this twice and I saw other people used it so I borrowed the idea.

Most collectors (myself included) are sensible when it comes to vintage Sylvanians as the buildings are often notoriously faded. A serious collector would know that, as would most newer or general collectors. Sounds to me like she may have been hoping to resell/split the lots. If she was really bothered she would have said she didn't want to take them. She probably didn't like the idea that you had tripped her up (over the description)

Sorry you've had a bad experience :(

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:40 AM »
So sorry you had to deal with a rotten person, but never ever accept paypal with pickups. All the person has to do is file a non recieved claim and you have no proof of delivery. I'd be lucky she paid you in cash.

Oh yes, I'm surprised no one mentioned this as well. Don't EVER take paypal on a pickup!! Ever!! No matter how great of a person they seemed like. Only take cash.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »
true ^^ if you take a paypal payment but the buyer collects in person its very risky, since they can claim they havent recieved the item, and you dont have any proof to show ebay /paypal that they have had the item  :yikes: its better that she paid you in cash, but its prolly best not to accept pickups these days if possible cos there are some dodgy people out there now

I still leave negative feedback if a buyer has been bad. Obviously you can't tick the negative box but I always write NEGATIVE (in capitals) and then my comment. I've only had to do this twice and I saw other people used it so I borrowed the idea.

Its such a shame we cant really leave buyers bad feedback now *sigh*  what you mention here though is classed as "feedback abuse" on ebay. The buyer can report you to ebay for this and they will definitely remove your comments and just leave a positive rating for the buyer. They may also take other action, so I wouldnt recommend leaving a false negative, even though its tempting ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

cody_sunday

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
thank you all so much for your support and advice! it's made me feel loads better about the whole situation to know this kind of thing happens fairly often, even if that's pretty sucky in itself >__<
it didn't occur to me before that the way she behaved would have been to try and get an unfair discount on the items from me, but it totally makes sense. i guess i just don't think that way myself so i hadn't thought someone would do that! i think i'm too nice haha

luckily after reading what you've all said i found the option on ebay to report a buyer for feedback extortion, so if she does leave me negatives (i've still had no feedback from her at all, so i'm really hoping she just leaves it because she knows she's in the wrong here) i can sort it out :)

xx

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »

That was my first thought...  :(

Hope everything works out for you though!  I have added her to the Bad Trader list as you never know when a seller is going to switch toys. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal