collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tsum Tsum Swap - All done!!  (Read 27651 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Tsum Tsum Swap - Last day to sign up!!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 08:14:55 AM »
Hey I have a question about this swap.  Since some Tsums are not available in certain countries and stuff.  Do we go by their sticker price or what we pay?  Like say the Tsums cost 5-7 dollars but you get one from another country which will be  more than that...do we go by the sticker cost 5-7 dollars towards the swap amount?  Or do we go by what we pay?  I would like to think we would go by the sticker price, but then again some are no longer released and will cost more than that.  I was just thinking about it and wanted to know.  I know with pony swaps you are supposed to go with value of the pony rather than what you pay. I have no idea at all the value of tsums since certain hard to find ones are all over the place in price. :)

I'm excited to find out who my partner is also. I think tulagirl is right about the Kinder Eggs being illegal in the US, so I'm going to go back and change my answer about that one.

Ponyfan

Oh yeah, the intact eggs are... or were not long ago. But, I'm pretty sure the toys themselves are okay. ;)

Yea the toys are okay, but I would really make sure you state you do not want the candy part of the egg and just the toy only. I have heard horror stories of mega dollars in fines for Kinder Eggs.  Unless that has changed its not worth it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:18:43 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 10:12:36 AM »
Hey I have a question about this swap.  Since some Tsums are not available in certain countries and stuff.  Do we go by their sticker price or what we pay?  Like say the Tsums cost 5-7 dollars but you get one from another country which will be  more than that...do we go by the sticker cost 5-7 dollars towards the swap amount?  Or do we go by what we pay?  I would like to think we would go by the sticker price, but then again some are no longer released and will cost more than that.  I was just thinking about it and wanted to know.  I know with pony swaps you are supposed to go with value of the pony rather than what you pay. I have no idea at all the value of tsums since certain hard to find ones are all over the place in price. :)

I would be tempted to say go with what you pay as some of the harder to find ones are going to cost more and I'm sure if swappers have put the harder to find ones on their list they would expect to receive less tsum tsums if a harder to find one was included in their box ~ does that make sense?!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »

I would be tempted to say go with what you pay as some of the harder to find ones are going to cost more and I'm sure if swappers have put the harder to find ones on their list they would expect to receive less tsum tsums if a harder to find one was included in their box ~ does that make sense?!

I agree. I'd say go with what you pay. For example, my most wanted tsum right now is Thomas Omalley because he's the only Aristocat I didn't get yet. Since he is only available in Japan, I know he would be pricier than one you picked up from Target for example. So if my partner finds me an Omalley, I'd expect that more than $6 of the budget was probably spent on him.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 10:36:46 AM »
For tsums I would def go with how much you pay! The prices are all over the place for ones that are more sought after from Japan. And even though it may only be 500yen or so to buy them there, it could be triple that in US dollars :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
I agree with everyone else. You should go with what you pay. :) 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
On the flip side, if I get a swap item for a stellar deal (say you get a tsum for $3), I would do the same and go with what I spent even though it's worth more so that my partner gets the best box possible :)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
On the flip side, if I get a swap item for a stellar deal (say you get a tsum for $3), I would do the same and go with what I spent even though it's worth more so that my partner gets the best box possible :)

Yep me too!
I love it when I get bargains for my swap boxes! :biggrin:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
Okay thank you all so much.  This makes total sense to me.  I have had some really good luck lately as I will have coupons, or store credits or even points and I can get tsums, candy, goods for these great prices that normally they wouldn't cost.  Thanks everyone for your input.  I can't wait to get my partner.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »
OKAY I want to apologize for not seeing this swap first off! I plan on joining the pokemon swap, and since im going to WDW this year, I really dont know if i should join too many swaps, maybe just one swap.... husband really wants to buckle down and save money. Ahhh but TSUM TSUMS!

You would be most welcome if you decided to join!  :biggrin:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2016, 12:39:27 AM »
Happy tsum tsum tuesday everyone! I don't have any interest in the new Spider man tsums. I'm hoping for a good set next month...we shall see!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tsum Tsum Swap - Sign ups closed ~ Assigning partners!
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2016, 12:41:35 AM »
Sign ups are now closed ~ will get partners assigned as soon as possible so we can start the shopping!!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2016, 12:44:10 AM »
Sign ups are now closed ~ will get partners assigned as soon as possible so we can start the shopping!!

Yay!!! Can't wait to start shopping!

ETA: If anyone was wondering what next months tsum tsum release is, it's more Star Wars. The one with Darth Maul apparently? Not my thing, but there's speculation that the mid-month release will be Jungle book!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:50:21 AM by mkia9 »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2016, 05:59:16 AM »
Oh I love the Jungle Book, that would be fabulous!!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2016, 09:25:25 AM »
Ok partners have been assigned! If you haven't received your partner via PM please let me know!

Time to Tsum Tsum shop!!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Tsum Tsum Swap - Shopping Time!
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
I'm excited to start shopping for my partner and I thought of a question

]Do you prefer the regular faces or the winking, sleeping etc.. faces on your Tsum Tsums if there is a choice between the two?

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal