collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gaming chairs - recommendations  (Read 549 times)

Ayalah

• Trade Count: (0)
Gaming chairs - recommendations
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:27:57 AM »
Hi All!
  I know there are a few gamers amongst the ranks here. I'm hoping a few of you might have an opinion on this. I want to get the old ball and chain a really nice gaming chair for X-mas. He's on his feet all day, then comes home and plays his games from a really hard, uncomfortable wooden chair. His back is always killing him, and then I see him in all these contorted positions leaning off the couch or this chair and it is driving me nutts!

I've been looking it up. I've been looking at reviews. I'm just not finding anything I'm impressed with! I want to find something with really good back support (maybe even a massager) that still has all the bells and whistles for gaming. I thought the renegade ultimate was going to be the answer, then I realized it's always kinda reclined, and heard it has poor back support :(

Our TV is high, so the floor rocker style wouldn't work well.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming chairs - recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
We are into gaming over here...and honestly, I would forgo the gaming chair completely.  If he has back issues, get something comfortable that will help his back while hes gaming.  That way you both win, not just him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Ayalah

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:25:01 AM »
Well the thing is when he's playing he insists on being directly in front of the TV. Like 2 feet away. He won't sit back on a "real" piece of furniture :/ So whatever it is it has to be easily movable.

I sat on some at a furniture store about 6 months ago. They were fantastically comfortable! Had great back support BUT I have no idea what they were called or who made them, and that place is now out of business. >.< But I know this perfect chair must exist!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:04 AM »
:( I'm afraid I'm useless but I can give this a bump.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »
I'm going to suggest something along the lines of a Lay-Z-Boy recliner. :3  Those make GREAT TV-gaming chairs.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »
What about an office chair? Since they have wheels, he could put it right where he wants :) The way my room is set-up, I'm in my chair whenever I am at my desk on my laptop or working on my art, watching TV, movies or playing games. Recently I had to get a new chair because my old one wasn't comfortable enough for sitting in so frequently. I did a lot of looking and went to several stores to try them and ended up getting this one (but in black).

The reviews are mixed but I don't have any complaints about it at all. It wasn't hard to put together imo, and I've had it for about 6 months or so and the lift still works. The back support hits me exactly at the right area (I'm 5'8") and it doesn't get stiff and uncomfortable even when I lose track of time and spend a couple of hours in it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »
I second a really nice office chair.  You should have no problem finding a really good, comfortable one for under $150.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 03:24:26 AM »
A lazy-boy recliner can easily be moved around hun--we do it all the time!

I did a bit of looking on my own, and its not worth it.  If you want to give him that experience, get a comfortable chair that will help his back you can both use and maybe upgrade the speakers or get a sound bar <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Ayalah

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys! I was toying with the idea of recliner with the massage/heat feature. And I do suppose anything is mobile if you set your mind to it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal