collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All Hallows' Eve approaches  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallows' Eve approaches
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 02:14:16 AM »
I never get to do Anything on Halloween anymore since I am 35yrs old Now I am To Old to Trick Or Treating I miss Doing it I stopped Trick Or Treating in The 11th Grade Cause one NeighborHood we went To This Man say's to Me aren't You Too Old to Be Trick Or Treating he said it to me in a really Rude way He Gave My Little Brother Candy But Not Me Cause That Hurt My Feelings.

Technically, you aren't supposed to go after the age of 12 or 13. However, you can still pig out of candy you buy from the store. ;)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 02:57:47 AM »
Luckily it's not a big thing over here in Britain so all I have to do is remember to stick my "No trick or treat" sign to my front door  :biggrin:

Paul

Hehe, same here!

I never get to do Anything on Halloween anymore since I am 35yrs old Now I am To Old to Trick Or Treating I miss Doing it I stopped Trick Or Treating in The 11th Grade Cause one NeighborHood we went To This Man say's to Me aren't You Too Old to Be Trick Or Treating he said it to me in a really Rude way He Gave My Little Brother Candy But Not Me Cause That Hurt My Feelings.

Technically, you aren't supposed to go after the age of 12 or 13. However, you can still pig out of candy you buy from the store. ;)

I didn't know there was a strict rule on how old you can be lol. I mean, obviously I know adults don't go, but I thought you could be a bit older than 13.  :blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:22 AM »

I didn't know there was a strict rule on how old you can be lol. I mean, obviously I know adults don't go, but I thought you could be a bit older than 13.  :blink:

You can do it however long you can get away with it. If you're short and look young, or maybe if you go as a ghost with a long sheet over your body... LOL. You can use Google to see if there is an age limit in your area for trick-or-treaters. Twelve years old is the age limit in my city.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 04:01:34 AM »

You can do it however long you can get away with it. If you're short and look young, or maybe if you go as a ghost with a long sheet over your body... LOL. You can use Google to see if there is an age limit in your area for trick-or-treaters. Twelve years old is the age limit in my city.

Hehe, yeah, I suppose you could do that lol. I didn't know there are actual rules about age. I'm in the UK and Halloween isn't big here at all. I'll have a look to see if there are any rules over here, though! XD

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline CleverCanadian

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.AtasCosita.net
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »
If there's a rule to what age you're supposed to stop trick-or-treating it would appear that every place I've ever lived has never heard of it.

The only 'rules' I've ever concerned myself with are "You must be dressed up in some fashion"   and "do no property damage".   Other than that kids of all ages, young and old, are welcomed at my door.

My boyfriend and I do our yard up every year, adding at least 1 large piece annually.  The fog machine is usually the biggest hit, especially when we set it up behind the tombstones, so the fog rolls out from between them.

While I'd love to dress up as something spooky I let our yard handle that, while I go for something a little more cheerful (this year a cheshire cat).  This helps when we have kids that are too afraid to come up to the door.  I can go out to them and be relatively harmless looking.

And yes, while we do pride ourselves on how many kids we can make cry we also make a point to give crying kids a little bit more candy.  Usually a full sized candy bar instead of the normal minis.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
Im also not prepared for Halloween! Buying Disney Store dolls this month has made me BROKE! Im throwing a Halloween party next week and have only bought a couple decorations. I still need to get party food, movies, and my costume! I also neeeeed to get my Nightmare Nights costume ready tomorrow!

Btw im 23 and STILL trick or treating! No ones ever told me im too old, I pass as a 14 year old for sure anyways. I just take off my wedding ring before I go and I dont wear makeup LOL. I have no hips or boobs, im skinny and short. I seriously look just like a little girl! xD When I do pass out candy, I will give candy to anyone who is in costume.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:03:19 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

thegingerspicepony

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
Im also not prepared for Halloween! Buying Disney Store dolls this month has made me BROKE! Im throwing a Halloween party next week and have only bought a couple decorations. I still need to get party food, movies, and my costume! I also neeeeed to get my Nightmare Nights costume ready tomorrow!

Btw im 23 and STILL trick or treating! No ones ever told me im too old, I pass as a 14 year old for sure anyways. I just take off my wedding ring before I go and I dont wear makeup LOL. I have no hips or boobs, im skinny and short. I seriously look just like a little girl! xD When I do pass

out candy, I will give candy to anyone who is in costume.
It's  the hole spirit of halloween to dress up and raid peoples houses for candy. I'm in 9th grad and I am still going out! :leaves:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
I'm taking my niece out trick or treating.  She's going to be an Angry Bird, I think.  I will be in costume but I won't be getting any candy. 

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:30 AM »

I only Get to Give Out Goody Bag's to Trick Or Treaters  and Watch Horror movies, But We Will Be Going to A Haunted House which is Good But That is all.

That is just mean! What a grump! :mad:

thegingerspicepony

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »

I only Get to Give Out Goody Bag's to Trick Or Treaters  and Watch Horror movies, But We Will Be Going to A Haunted House which is Good But That is all.

That is just mean! What a grump! :mad:

I agree 100% I believe halloween is for everyone  :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »
There is NO age limit on Halloween and trick or treating :P, I repeat NO age limit... whoever thinks so is just flat out wrong! XD
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
There is NO age limit on Halloween and trick or treating :P, I repeat NO age limit... whoever thinks so is just flat out wrong! XD

Precisely! Just so long as people have fun and don't do any harm, they should be allowed to celebrate Halloween as they wish! That said, I have literally nothing planned for Halloween this year because I completely forgot; it's been quite hectic at work. So it'll probably be Coraline, Trap Door, candles and doodling spooky critters again for me; same as last year but heck, it was fun! XD

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

As long as you stay out of certain areas, you're right. ;)

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2010/10/22/20101022cities-ban-teenage-trick-or-treating.html

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 12:20:45 PM »

As long as you stay out of certain areas, you're right. ;)

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2010/10/22/20101022cities-ban-teenage-trick-or-treating.html
Good lord, that's sad! :( maybe something got outta hand to cause that  :huh: teenagers always have to ruin the fun for others  :rolleyes: i'm grateful we don't have those in Texas...yet...atleast not in DFW  :blink:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »
This is my favorite time of the year! I helped my BFF yesterday, we finished decorating her front yard (giant spider webs on tree) and fence (black and orange garland). Just need to buy the pumpkins and I need to finish my costume (going as the Mad Hatter). I keep adding and tinkering with the outfit,now in it's third year.

We hand out candy to the kids. So long as they are in costumes, are polite and don't destroy property all is good. Growing up I stopped trick or treating when I was 12. Left it to the younger kids and started handing out candy. And helping my mom decorate the house.

In between giving out candy it's watching horror movies on TV and snacking on our own candy stash. So we'll stay out of the stuff being handed out. :P

Anyone else start wearing their Halloween theme'd t-shirts in August? Cause I do. Most of mine feature skulls, the Grim Reaper or ghosts.  Merry and Happy Haunting.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal