collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All Hallows' Eve approaches  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallows' Eve approaches
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Yay Hallowe'en!  I'll be doing a couple elaborate pumpkin carvings (haven't figured out what, yet), and handing out candy like the boring adult I am.  :P  I have to make sure to buy more treats this year though - the neighborhood we moved into recently had WAY more kids than I was expecting!

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
We Did Go To one of our Haunted House's Friday it is Called The Halls of Horror My Mom and I were ok Going Through the Differnt Haunted House's at Hall's of Horror
  But Oh My Gosh when My Mom and I came out of The Last Haunted house A Clown came out of No Where and Started Chasing Us with a Chainsaw both of Us almost Fell Down Trying to Get Away from him
  it scared The Hell out of us Oh My Gosh it was just our Second time to Go To Hall's

Cause we Mostly Go To our Other Haunted House We have Here Called Nightmare on 19th Street
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:32:36 PM by Lady_Manson »

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
We were able to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It was amazing! I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Halloween/likes Disney. Everything about it was a blast! I went as Belle and my husband went as Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls. A lot of people had some amazing costumes.

Here we are with Pooh and Friends who are also in costume!

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anyone else have fun party pictures from your events?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:01:12 PM by aintnobuffalo »
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Sprintex

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 12:24:25 AM »
I never get to do Anything on Halloween anymore since I am 35yrs old Now I am To Old to Trick Or Treating I miss Doing it I stopped Trick Or Treating in The 11th Grade Cause one NeighborHood we went To This Man say's to Me aren't You Too Old to Be Trick Or Treating he said it to me in a really Rude way He Gave My Little Brother Candy But Not Me Cause That Hurt My Feelings.

I only Get to Give Out Goody Bag's to Trick Or Treaters  and Watch Horror movies, But We Will Be Going to A Haunted House which is Good But That is all.

That is just mean! What a grump! :mad:

I agree 100% I believe halloween is for everyone  :)

I only partially agree with that sentiment, as not everyone wants to celebrate or be involved with it ;) Maybe this particular person didn't actually want to be involved, but felt obliged by kids knocking on his door?

I'd say Halloween is for everyone of any age who wants to celebrate it, and leave those that don't in peace and quiet :)

Paul
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:26:14 AM by Sprintex »

Moonracer

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
Lol, last time I went as something on Halloween was thirteen years ago, while I was living in Massachusets. XD

Since then, I wasn't dressing up as anything... in fact, I don't think I ever did.

Where I live, Hallow's Eve (or All Saints' Day as it is called here) is a very somber day. It's a time where we go to the cemetaries and visit our loved ones' graves: put some flowers, light candles, pray etc.. It's basically a day of rememberance and honoring one's memory - that in and of itself is quite morose and depressing, come to think of it.

The concept of Halloween is quite new around here - we're mostly familiar with it thanks to media (movies, TV series, articles etc.) as well as English classes at school. There are even some kids who try to carry over the tradition by dressing up and going around trick-or-treating, and there are of course a lot of people who organize Halloween parties, but it isn't really as wide-spread as it is over in the US.

What infuriates me most is how certain religious circles try to react to the whole issue of Halloween. You see, Poland is among one of those countries that's under deep influence from the Catholic church. Though times are beginning to change, that influence is still there. Recently one of the most conservative and more religious magazines published an article about what to do in case a dressed-up child comes to trick-or-treat. Basically what it all boiled down to was that people in response to trick-or-treating should as said child whether or not he/she is religious, goes to church, knows what demon possession looks like and whether or not he/she wants to become possessed by a demon/devil.

Words cannot describe how infuriated and offended I feel reading this stupid article. Those people have no friggin' idea what Halloween is all about - it isn't some sort of satanic, occult ritual in which people sacrifice virgins and drink their blood. It's about dressing up, asking for candy and having fun. What's so bad about that??

True, Halloween has it's roots in paganism, but so do many of the now Christian holidays. But you don't see people complain about that, do you? -_-

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
I love Halloween! My favorite holiday probably-  when I lived in San Francisco, it was by far the biggest most extravagant celebration of the year, the streets become one big huge party full of costumed freaks! LOVE IT!

Seattle is more tame, but I always dress-up anyway, and we are going to some kind of troll- party this year, should be fun :D

I also love getting trick-or-treaters (luckily it gets dark early in Seattle so the kids start pouring in early and mostly dry up by about 9).  I can't wait this year, I have a terrifying surprise for them- (I have a scary scarecrow thing that I build and I am going to tie a fishing line to her hand this year so she can move just a bit, and scare the living daylights out of them, hehe!)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »
Pumpkins bought and we got four mini white ones for free. Candy for the kids and adults bought, separate or we'd start snacking on the ones to hand out.

Going to trace the patterns on the pumpkins tonight, less to do tomorrow.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
I never get to do Anything on Halloween anymore since I am 35yrs old Now I am To Old to Trick Or Treating I miss Doing it I stopped Trick Or Treating in The 11th Grade Cause one NeighborHood we went To This Man say's to Me aren't You Too Old to Be Trick Or Treating he said it to me in a really Rude way He Gave My Little Brother Candy But Not Me Cause That Hurt My Feelings.

I only Get to Give Out Goody Bag's to Trick Or Treaters  and Watch Horror movies, But We Will Be Going to A Haunted House which is Good But That is all.

Pish posh! your never too old to get candy from strangers
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
I wanted to dress up (as Star Swirl) but never got a chance to make my costume.
But seeing the little ones in their costumes will be so cute <3
I don't trick-or-treat anymore. Sometimes I feel tempted to though.
It should be fun though.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:37 AM »
we just had it here in NZ
my hubby took the kids out for a little bit
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:03:18 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 03:16:26 AM »
I know I said I would work but last weekend I got an offer I couldn't refuse, so I worked my butt of that weekend and this past week and got this Friday and Saturday off. So we won't be celebrating tonight, but tomorrow I'll be able to go to the best annual Halloweenparty ever! and I am STOKED! Halloween isn't really celebrated here when it comes to trick or treating, so no risk of kids knocking on our door. But we love our parties. Sadly I wont be dressing up this year as I got this opportunity too late and the costume I wanted was out but I will be in full partygear anyway.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 05:18:33 AM »
I have a lab class today xD I'm going to wear Halloween scrubs :) Afterwards I am going to an anime convention. I might be home to pass out candy.  We get only a handful of kids trick or treating at my house.  My parents bought five bags of candy though haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
I haven't been able to do anything for Halloween in years. I've been far too busy, and in the last couple of years I have worked nights, making it very hard to do anything. lol

I would dress up, but so few actually go through with it at work that I'd just be the odd one out. lol

|My Collection|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »
So speaking of kids not knocking on doors in Sweden.. the doorbell rang and as we didn't expect company we slipped to the hallway and looked through the door and saw two kids standing there all dressed up. We didn't know what to do so we sneaked back to the livingroom and sat down being very quiet. They rang two times more before giving up.

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »
I couldn't find my fine detail carving tools today - grr!  I decided to carve this pattern instead...

...with the tools I had on hand (read: a steak knife :P ).  Now it's just answering the door for the kiddies!

Question - do you guys usually give candy from your bowl/basket/etc. to the trick-or-treaters?  Because I just let the kids choose what they'd like, and they often seem baffled at first.  Like they don't know what to do!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal