collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share Your Custom Anger ! !  (Read 8063 times)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your Custom Anger ! !
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »
A thought on the top coat/sealer tackiness some have complained about:

I've heard that high levels of humdidity can cause sealant to cloud and become tacky when sealing. Maybe that's why some have issues and others don't?

im not sure maybe... but im usually VERY paranoid when it comes to sealing. only outside when its perfect out, and if its not, then i spray in the house haha. and its odd cause the troublemakers of the batch were sprayed at the same time as some that turned out perfectly. i think its a conspiracy to drive me to drink.

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »
The only sealant I ever use is PVA and water mix, it dry clear leaves a nice shine, cheaper and never had any problems with it

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
tails. what annoys me the most is putting in the tails.

i usually use too much hair because i do not like thin tails, but i often cut my fingers with the yarn i´m usig for pulling the hair trought the metal ring and later trought the body.
plans for the future: hiring an assistant to put the tails in.
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »

i usually use too much hair because i do not like thin tails, but i often cut my fingers with the yarn i´m usig for pulling the hair trought the metal ring and later trought the body.
TAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSS

I hear you.  I keep badly judging how much hair a tail needs, creating tails that are far too thick, and then damaging the pony trying to stuff it in/through :(

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
trick i use for tails that helps with sore hands, is ill bind the center with a twist tie, poke the loose ends of the twist tie into the butt, and reach in thru the neck with some foreceps and clamp onto the ends of the twistie tie and pull it thru. you still have to fiddle with hair thickness but at least its super easy to add  or subtract hair to the twist tie tho, just pull it all the way thru, untwist, adjust hair levels, and try again.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
For me it's time.  Ugh! RAWR!  After work, it's help the kids with homework, cook, laundry, dishes, pick up, walk the dog, etc.  Being a grown up sucks!  By the time I get "me time" I'm  excited to just not move at all :P

We need 28 hour days!

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
For me it's time.  Ugh! RAWR!  After work, it's help the kids with homework, cook, laundry, dishes, pick up, walk the dog, etc.  Being a grown up sucks!  By the time I get "me time" I'm  excited to just not move at all :P

We need 28 hour days!

Amen to that!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
My annoyances are like a cycle!

Me: asdfghjkl Never doing a (whatever is annoying me with a custom) ever again!

(when finished)

Me: Wow, that looks awesome! I'll do that again!
My Friend: But [Corona], you're just going to complain again!
Me: No I won't! I learned!

(repeat ad nauseum)

Duster reference]

Melissa

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »

I use twist ties to pull the tails through, it makes it easier because they hold their shape.

I know you're in Germany so in case the term doesn't translate properly, these things:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2013, 11:04:48 PM »
Right now, I am pretty peeved at this one custom I am working on to sell at the fair. While trying to glue her head back on the glue slipped out of my fingers and I got super glue all over my fingers and some in her hair, which I had to cut a bit shorter than I usually do to hide it.  :shakefist:

And let's not mention how I stabbed myself in the thumb with my re-hairing tool....That hurt like a mother heifer! >_<

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 01:38:17 AM »
The super glue keeps drying up before I finish the tube and I have to bye new ones. Especially anoying because I like to use lots of multie mediam eliments such as rhine stones and fabric flowers.

The other one is pearlised pins, why is it when I am using them to hold hair in place or decorate they bend right in the middle. This also happens with wing wire agggghhhh! Seems to be at it's worst when I'm trying to actually put the wings into the pony body.

The glue holding the hair in at the top of the heads of G3, what did they do use an intire factories worth of glue to hold the hair in or something?

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
Tonight I was finishing up one of my customs, and look forward to having a couple days to devote to a commission...

The pony custom gods decided that wasn't in the cards.  :(

I was putting her head back on when not would would it not go on properly, but a bunch of the FBR cracked across her front chest! Trying to fix it, since I don't have enough time to completely redo the FBR. But this has never happened to me before! Rawr!  >_<
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 05:35:08 AM »
Tonight I was finishing up one of my customs, and look forward to having a couple days to devote to a commission...

The pony custom gods decided that wasn't in the cards.  :(

I was putting her head back on when not would would it not go on properly, but a bunch of the FBR cracked across her front chest! Trying to fix it, since I don't have enough time to completely redo the FBR. But this has never happened to me before! Rawr!  >_<

Ack!  Omg, that sucks.  :(  Good luck with your fix!!

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »
The super glue keeps drying up before I finish the tube and I have to bye new ones. Especially anoying because I like to use lots of multie mediam eliments such as rhine stones and fabric flowers.

The other one is pearlised pins, why is it when I am using them to hold hair in place or decorate they bend right in the middle. This also happens with wing wire agggghhhh! Seems to be at it's worst when I'm trying to actually put the wings into the pony body.

The glue holding the hair in at the top of the heads of G3, what did they do use an intire factories worth of glue to hold the hair in or something?

I use this glue, only in a bigger bottle and it works wonderfully. The inside of the cap has a tiny little pin type thing that goes in the nozzle when it is closed and keeps it from getting clogged. Never had any issues with it drying up before I could use it all. http://www.aceofficemachines.com/loctite-super-glue-bottle-18-oz-super-glue-liquid-loc230992.html?utm_source=loctite-super-glue-bottle-18-oz-super-glue-liquid-loc230992&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=googleproducts

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
Well, my fix job is passable. Not happy with it (it's not smooth), but at least it looks better than it did.

On a happier note, I got my nozzle for my airbrush in the mail today. Which means I should have time to airbrush some ponies tomorrow before work.  :biggrin:
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal