collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life and G4.5  (Read 33137 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Pony Life and G4.5
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »
That hippo seems really out of place. :lol: and I'm not  fan of everything having horns but I do wonder if it and the balloon ponies might be explained once the show airs. Maybe it's a potion that went wrong causing everyone to grow a horn or turn in to balloon.  Is that orange balloon on the last row supposed to be Discord?

Ponyfan

I thought it was a dog?

It's Discord. I could have sworn it's a reused mold from an Equestria Girls Mini accessory but I can't seem to find it. :( Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

BUT it looks like Angel, Gummy, Opalescence, and Tank are reused molds from Equestria Girls Minis too.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:34:28 AM by Ragamuffin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2019, 10:27:19 AM »
Then they'll remove the upper half, then the ears, then the body, legs, hooves and tail. It'll just be a pair of gigantic eyes

My Little Pony few years from now:
Spoiler
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #302 on: December 27, 2019, 10:34:09 AM »
Then they'll remove the upper half, then the ears, then the body, legs, hooves and tail. It'll just be a pair of gigantic eyes

Spoiler

It comes with a comb? Unrealistic expectations you have there.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 27, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »

Spoiler

:rofl:

Post Merge: December 27, 2019, 10:54:33 AM

Spoiler

It comes with a comb? Unrealistic expectations you have there.

Well they were nice enough to leave some hair.  My Little Mullet. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 11:00:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 27, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
Ugh those blind bags... I wasn't expecting blind bags in this line but I'm not even surprised.

1. The unicorn horns on the pets.... Eye roll. That is yet another example of Hasbro just jumping on a popular trend. It's true even in the G1 days MLP copied popular trends like the Dream Beauties, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :P

There's several companies right now making plush animals, that I see at the bookstore where I work (we have a small toy section). Sticking unicorn horns on any animal they can think of, I mean. So if you want a plush sloth or lion or owl or kitty with a unicorn horn, I have seen them all. I'm not saying the trend started with unikitty from the Lego Movie, but I hadn't seen it much before then, so I think that's around the time that it got rolling.

2. Those balloons would be hilarious and awesome as accessories for a larger MLP toy, but as the only toy you get in the blind bag? Nah I would be disappointed if I got a balloon or a pet. I think these are supposed to appeal to the collectors who have the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality and want to get the entire wave. Gotta get all the pets and all the balloons and all the ponies!

3. I think it would have been cute if they had made some of the familiar G4 earth pony characters, like some of the background characters? And given them the different colored unicorn horns. That would have been a clue to us that they aren't 'real' unicorns and it was the result of a potion or something. But the only blind bag with a different colored horn I recognize is G4 Amethyst Star, and she was already a unicorn.

What kind of cutie mark is that!? A bi-colored line!? God Hasbro is so lazy at this point! These don't even look like MLP, they look like fakies.

5. Could the balloon Discord be reused from a movie pack, maybe? I remember Pinkie Pie made a balloon animal shaped like Discord in the credits of the movie.

6. Why is there a new alicorn... I mean I know the MLP toys have had a couple new alicorns before, but you would think if this is supposed to be supporting a new show, they would include characters from said show. (Like we are theorizing, the balloon characters or unicorn horns might be from an upcoming episode.) Or maybe alicorns will be common in Pony Life, who knows!

7. Oh no... I kinda like that Trixie brushable...dangit... NO, I gotta be firm. I am not in any way supporting this stupid line!

I think we've passed the point where companies are labeling their blind bags with codes, unfortunately. I remember the early days of Hasbro blind bags we had the option of looking at a small code on the bag to see what's in there, but I haven't seen it with the latest waves or with the Cutie Mark Crew capsels. Also there's a lot of other companies doing blind bags now and the ones I've checked out (for example, Breyer's mystery ponies and unicorns) don't have a code on them either.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 27, 2019, 11:24:23 AM »
1) Yeah. I've seen those unicorn plushies too. It looks just as dumb.

2)I don't like the balloon things.

3)I'm tired of familiar everything. I want this gen and everything remotely associated with it to GO AWAY.

4)Idk?

5) Maybe?

6) Because Hasbro is a Toy Company first and foremost and has been since before All of Us were born. Why don't people understand this simple concept? Did any of you say :Why did Hasbro make new Flutter Ponies? They're not in the show or movie. Why did Hasbro make new Earth ponies that aren't in the show?

Dude, Hasbro has been making a ton of little toy horsies that have crap-all to do with the stupid shows for years. In fact, sticking strictly to Show Only Ponies is what's put the brand into a horrible downward spiral for the past decade.

If no one was mortally offended by the likes of Hollywood or Pretty Pop coming into the line, why should people act like a new winged unicorn is a sin?

I'm sorry. But this is fast becoming a pet peeve of mine to hear fans whine about non-show toys. And its a double standard when people are constantly cying about the lack of diversity in the toyline.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 11:53:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 27, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »
The brushables have soft hair? :o This changes everything. Still not sure I’ll get any besides Celestia and Luna, but this is a point in favor of it.

Y’all better not complain too much about the lack of jaw, or Hasbro will hear you and make up for lost time by giving G5s lower jaws longer than their body, like this:

but a horse.
(I’m kidding of course. I hate the new faces too.)

They already did that with the Bulk Biceps pony (one of the FiM show-only designs I really disliked).

Post Merge: December 27, 2019, 12:08:01 PM

The unicorn horns on the pets.... Eye roll. That is yet another example of Hasbro just jumping on a popular trend. It's true even in the G1 days MLP copied popular trends like the Dream Beauties, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :P

Putting a horn on a dog or hippo is just lazy and can't be compared to G1 trends. Dream Beauties were their own line and not just a pet recolor. So G1 wins this round :lol:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:08:01 PM by Zapper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »
That hippo seems really out of place. :lol: and I'm not  fan of everything having horns but I do wonder if it and the balloon ponies might be explained once the show airs. Maybe it's a potion that went wrong causing everyone to grow a horn or turn in to balloon.  Is that orange balloon on the last row supposed to be Discord?

Ponyfan

I thought it was a dog?

It's Discord. I could have sworn it's a reused mold from an Equestria Girls Mini accessory but I can't seem to find it. :( Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

BUT it looks like Angel, Gummy, Opalescence, and Tank are reused molds from Equestria Girls Minis too.  :lol:

The Discord is from one of the FiM collection sets.  The one with all three CMC and a booth.  From the movie series.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Alright guys, looks like we have beaten this to death. :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal