collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 81895 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #780 on: November 26, 2013, 09:04:37 AM »
Eek! Anna is at my apartment! I am supposed to leave work soon, but I am staying a little later to take advantage of the overtime they are allowing because of Black Friday. I need my Anna now!!! ; 3;

Congrats! I hope she's in pristine condition and I know you'll adore her when you see her :happy:

If you look at the numbers you can tell Disney made a mistake with Alice.  She should have been a LE 1500 at the minimum.  Even the unpopular dolls like Calhoun were made at a LE1000 level.  Alice should really have been at least 2500 if not more really. Disney should have known to make more of her. 

Yeah, they must have. Someone must have left the 1 off and only ordered 500 to be made XD Lol I had to look up who Calhoun was. I never saw that movie :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #781 on: November 26, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
woah!! the calhoun doll is totally cool!
wish they weren't so expensive.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 26, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
Anyone want to buy Calhoun from me?  At cost plus shipping?  I have her and I don't care for her.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »
If you look at the numbers you can tell Disney made a mistake with Alice.  She should have been a LE 1500 at the minimum.  Even the unpopular dolls like Calhoun were made at a LE1000 level.  Alice should really have been at least 2500 if not more really. Disney should have known to make more of her.
You know- I think they didn't make a bunch because she appears to be based on the newer Alice in Wonderland movie- the 3D one, and that movie was widely considered a huge flop.  So they probably thought merchandising would correlate. 

They should have known better with Alice though-  there are a lot of people with Alice collections, they really just miss-judged the demand horribly...

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 26, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
I think you are right about that.  But even if the movie inspired the doll, she still resembles Alice so well that it didn't matter who she was based off of. Oh well, they misjudged and now her price is sky high! 

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 26, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
Alice is the most gorgeous doll, they should have made more than 500, what were they thinking? With her being so popular too. Silly Disney!

I'd love to see Mulan and Pocahontas dolls.

Yay for Anna Bow Tie!!

I'm getting more and more anxious waiting. I hope I get Elsa tomorrow and not Monday lol

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 26, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
Ehehehehehehehe!!! She is here!!!

She is number 547 I believe!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 26, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »
You know- I think they didn't make a bunch because she appears to be based on the newer Alice in Wonderland movie- the 3D one, and that movie was widely considered a huge flop.  So they probably thought merchandising would correlate. 

They should have known better with Alice though-  there are a lot of people with Alice collections, they really just miss-judged the demand horribly...

Critically it may be fair to call Alice in Wonderland 2010 a flop (critics are about evenly split over it, and it has a 6.5 on IMDB, which is not a terrible score), but it's one of the highest grossing films of all time, pulling in over a billion dollars at the box office worldwide. If anything, it should have ENCOURAGED Disney to make more Alice dolls. :P

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 26, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »
I hadn't never seen that Alice before. So I looked her up and now I see what the fuss is about she is beautiful. I've never been a big fan of AiWL but they did a nice job on her.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 27, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »
I hadn't never seen that Alice before. So I looked her up and now I see what the fuss is about she is beautiful. I've never been a big fan of AiWL but they did a nice job on her.
She is so pretty.

You are all killing me with your Disney dolls!  But I so can't start another collection.

However...

That doesn't mean my dolls can't have their own collection. Right? :P

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 27, 2013, 06:52:22 AM »
It's bad when our dolls start collecting dolls! :lmao: They look beautiful, brightberry :D

Congrats on your Anna, Bow Tie! Woo hoo! :frolic: Absolutely gorgoues isn't she? :inlove: Did you order Elsa as well?

I know I was extremely disappointed in the AiW movie. I was so excited for it too! I didn't like how any of the characters were portrayed and I always thought Alice was a charming character, but not in the movie. The doll is much better than the movie :biggrin:
My Wish List

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #791 on: November 27, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »
I saw frozen today!  :biggrin:  It was amazing!

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 27, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
I saw frozen today!  :biggrin:  It was amazing!

Ah! Lucky! I want to see it so bad :frolic: I probably won't get a chance til next weekend though :P
My Wish List

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »
I'm seeing it 2 hours! I didn't know it was showing yesterday otherwise I would have gone yesterday. I want to see a late show because I want to miss all the kids and families. Kids should be asleep, right?
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 27, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »
I'm seeing it 2 hours! I didn't know it was showing yesterday otherwise I would have gone yesterday. I want to see a late show because I want to miss all the kids and families. Kids should be asleep, right?

Haha, hopefully! That's a good idea. There are always screaming/crying kids in the theaters at the latest Disney movie :P And I don't know how many kids asked their parents "What's going on? What's happening?" during Tangled :P

The first movie I ever saw in theaters was Honey I Shrunk the Kids and I was 5. I manged to sit still and quiet through the whole thing so I do know it's possible for other kids to do the same ;)
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal