collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "It's YOUR Fault I Know Who Rainbow Dash Is!"  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "It's YOUR Fault I Know Who Rainbow Dash Is!"
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
I live next to Portland!! ^____^ That was Portcon, Maine's one and only anime convention. XD This is the first year it was held at the Double Tree, a big hotel next to the mall, so that weekend the mall was full of cosplayers!!

I didn't get to go since our dog got really sick that weekend (she's better now thank goodness), but it's great to hear there were some mlp fans in the crowds!

If there are more mlp fans in the Portland area, we should totally make a day of it and go to TRU and Walmart and Target and stuff for some pony shopping together. >.>
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Violet777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »
That was great!!! My mother-in-law is also able to recognize one single pony because of me: Applejack. And that's because she heard the name while I was watching FIM and liked so much that she even named a cat after her. Now besides Applejack the cat, she has an Applejack magnet on the fridge. It was also funny when McDonalds still had ponies on the happy meals and she came to tell me saying "They have Applejack and some other random ones" lol

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
ROFL! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  thats completely awesome!! you have trained her well  :good:  :bigups:  :accomplished:  woohoo! lets make even moooore pony converts   :frolic:  *tries to think of my next victim*  :ninja:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
Bahahahaha! Keep turning 'em, Love! The Rainbow Side has "special brownies".  :drunk:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 07:35:29 PM »
Nicely done! Your co-workers must be easier to train than mine! Sometimes they report a pony sighting, but they don't even remember colors.

What an awesome convention to run into, by the way!

*bows* Thank you! Thank you! I was rather surprised she knew Dash's name, but I was showing off my Dash jeans about a month ago, so maybe that was it! :lol:

(in case you missed it --> http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,296818.msg205563.html#msg205563 )

OMGS I NEED THOSE JEANS IN MY LIFE  :shocked:

TheLoveCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
I live in Portland... XD   But I avoided the mall like the plague!!!! Cosplayers frighten me. So do crowds. And anime. I know I'm picky. As long as they're having fun than I'm happy for them tho!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 06:33:13 AM »
Holy crap, TheLoveCat, we went to college together for a semester. :) What a small world it is! I'm Arch.

I grew up in the Portland Area, but I now live upstate near Bangor.

PortCon has been at the DoubleTree location (used to be Sheraton, then the Wyndham) for quite some time now! I have been attending that convention for a decade; spending 9 years of that on staff. History! :P

PortCon has its roots as an anime convention, but a few years back everybody sat back to consider things. It's evolved into a general celebration of "geek" culture of all types, and it's a great place to meet new people and visit with old friends.

The Costume Parade at the mall was organized by Newbury Comics to promote their new location as well as to join forces with PortCon. We had a lot of spectacular community involvement this year. :)

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Holy crap, TheLoveCat, we went to college together for a semester. :) What a small world it is! I'm Arch.

I grew up in the Portland Area, but I now live upstate near Bangor.

PortCon has been at the DoubleTree location (used to be Sheraton, then the Wyndham) for quite some time now! I have been attending that convention for a decade; spending 9 years of that on staff. History! :P

PortCon has its roots as an anime convention, but a few years back everybody sat back to consider things. It's evolved into a general celebration of "geek" culture of all types, and it's a great place to meet new people and visit with old friends.

The Costume Parade at the mall was organized by Newbury Comics to promote their new location as well as to join forces with PortCon. We had a lot of spectacular community involvement this year. :)

That is awesome! Not only the PortCon, but the fact that there are at least six of us pony collectors in Maine! *woot! woot!* I'm sure I could drag Mareacooda along with me if someone wanted to organize a pony meet somewhere in Southern Maine. I think we could persuade some other fellow New Englanders to attend as well. (hint, hint!) :lol:

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal