collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shimmer Shine hard to find?  (Read 371 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Shimmer Shine hard to find?
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »
How often does this pony come up? Everytime I search ebay, I get crap relating to Sunset Shimmer :L Did she have horrible distribution back in the day?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*from mylittlewiki.org *

It seems that I've been having rotten luck trying to find ponies I want to buy...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 05:56:29 AM by Twilight Pink »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: Shimmer Shine hard to find?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »
I don't think she had awful distribution. She seemed to be everywhere for a while, though i do think a few people thought she was a bit on the ugly side XD Not sure if that might have created some scarcity with her :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:16:49 AM »
I don't think she had awful distribution. She seemed to be everywhere for a while, though i do think a few people thought she was a bit on the ugly side XD Not sure if that might have created some scarcity with her :)
Really? I think she's pretty! Maybe it's because her rump is darker than the rest of her body once you remove the skirt...
Oh no!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »
The gimmick ponies can be harder to find.  I don't think they really flew off the shelves back in the day, and a lot of collectors weren't that into them.  I think a lot of these ended up in kid's hands,  but most completionist collectors would've gotten one.  Maybe not multiples, but usually one.  G3s were always flash-in-the-pan kinds of ponies.  One day they'd show up, they'd be everywhere for about 2 months, and then they'd disappear from shelves as fast as they came.  I kept up with the G3s for their entire run, and by the end of it I was exhausted.

You might try looking for a collector who's liquidating their G3 collection here.  It happens fairly frequently these days.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:43:59 AM »
The gimmick ponies can be harder to find.  I don't think they really flew off the shelves back in the day, and a lot of collectors weren't that into them.  I think a lot of these ended up in kid's hands,  but most completionist collectors would've gotten one.  Maybe not multiples, but usually one.  G3s were always flash-in-the-pan kinds of ponies.  One day they'd show up, they'd be everywhere for about 2 months, and then they'd disappear from shelves as fast as they came.  I kept up with the G3s for their entire run, and by the end of it I was exhausted.

You might try looking for a collector who's liquidating their G3 collection here.  It happens fairly frequently these days.
I'm hoping to really find someone liquidating their collection on either here or on the TP for Shimmer Shine. Back in the day I couldn't keep up with G3 and I took a hiatus. And I still regret it.  >_<
Oh no!

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 09:46:05 AM »
Funnily enough, now you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen Shimmer Shine or Graceful Glimmer at a car boot sale or charity shop etc.  I loved these ponies but one thing I do remember about them is that they come apart quite easily. (Their battery compartment is inside their bodies so they basically break in half to reveal the door to the compartment if that makes sense?)  Maybe they got pulled apart by kids and the back/front half got lost, or parents didn't realise they weren't really "broken" and chucked them out.  Just a thought.  My Shimmer Shine was particularly bad for this - the join was a bit wonky and she would just fall apart if you handled her too roughly. :(

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »
Funnily enough, now you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen Shimmer Shine or Graceful Glimmer at a car boot sale or charity shop etc.  I loved these ponies but one thing I do remember about them is that they come apart quite easily. (Their battery compartment is inside their bodies so they basically break in half to reveal the door to the compartment if that makes sense?)  Maybe they got pulled apart by kids and the back/front half got lost, or parents didn't realise they weren't really "broken" and chucked them out.  Just a thought.  My Shimmer Shine was particularly bad for this - the join was a bit wonky and she would just fall apart if you handled her too roughly. :(
Awwww man :( I've received Graceful Glimmer recently and when I was deboxing her, her bottom half flew out at me!!  :shocked: needless to say I was surprised, but I quickly figured out that's where her batteries went.

Its a shame that could be a high possibility on why I can't find her anywhere....
Oh no!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal