Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Ebay prices

<< < (2/4) > >>

Snapdragon:
I really hope they fall, at least somewhat! Cuz otherwise I'm gonna have to give up buying anything but the latest G4s! :lmao: It's a rough time to be a long-time pony collector, I tell you what! I do still find some good deals now and again on eBay, but it's A) rarely G1 or B) not as low as I used to get it.

Taffeta:
I think it's the plague of the mobile phone ebay generation, tbh. By which I mean people who are just clicking and listing stuff at any old price and people who are clicking and bidding on stuff at any old price, neither of them doing any research about value or rarity first.

...But it's also possibly because there have been fewer sales in person because of COVID, things have centred on ebay.

G1 is getting rarer and more expensive and that's probably not avoidable. It's interesting that this is happening now, with the pandemic..but...we are always moving further away from the time when these were sold.

I don't know about other generations, and tbh I haven't been on ebay a lot lately. But I would say the prices are inconsistent rather than excessive.

Artemesia's Garden:
I've seen some stuff going for quite high prices recently. I think that there are fewer items around in really excellent condition now so it's that end of the market where I'm now paying around 15-20% more than I would have expected 2 years ago. The only thing we can do is look after our items carefully with correct storage - no moisture or dirt, stable temperature and humidity, wrap in acid free tissue paper, limit contact with other types of plastic, allow air flow. I know it can be hard to achieve but it will pay off in the long run. I guess we could also be more active in buying and selling to each other here since there are no fees! Facebook creeps me out so I'm otherwise stuck with Ebay.

Taffeta:
This also reminds me that I need to PC the remaining stuff in my trade chest, since I'm getting to the point of being able to go to a post office again (gasp! the luxury!) and I really need to clear space...

I will add that to my to do list. :O)

applejackbunny:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on May 09, 2021, 11:45:18 PM ---
I don't know about other generations, and tbh I haven't been on ebay a lot lately. But I would say the prices are inconsistent rather than excessive.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input Taffeta. Can you just clarify, do you mean that you feel G1 prices are inconsistent rather than excessive, or the other gens? I think you mean the other gens but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Post Merge: May 11, 2021, 05:37:05 AM

--- Quote from: Artemesia's Garden on May 10, 2021, 12:33:13 AM ---I've seen some stuff going for quite high prices recently. I think that there are fewer items around in really excellent condition now so it's that end of the market where I'm now paying around 15-20% more than I would have expected 2 years ago. The only thing we can do is look after our items carefully with correct storage - no moisture or dirt, stable temperature and humidity, wrap in acid free tissue paper, limit contact with other types of plastic, allow air flow. I know it can be hard to achieve but it will pay off in the long run. I guess we could also be more active in buying and selling to each other here since there are no fees! Facebook creeps me out so I'm otherwise stuck with Ebay.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point about curating our collections properly. We need to treat them as valuable collectibles as well as the lovely toys that they are. After all, we are only custodians of these items - ultimately they will pass through many more hands after our own and who knows what demand for them will be like 20, 50 or 100 years from now...

I'm trying to go through them and restore them as best I can and as minimally as possible (often only washing them), and I check them all regularly which allows them to air out...

I tried Facebook for the first time recently, for Nirvana ponies. I must say that I'm finding it frustrating as half the time people don't respond to my messages, even when you're offering to buy something!  :shocked: I might have to stick to Ebay too...  >_<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version