collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who are your SIX favorite TAF ponies?

Dancing Butterflies
Milky Way
Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair
Love Melody
Sweet Tooth/Lollipop
Up Up and Away
Buttons
Night Glider
Merriweather
Yum Yum
Munchy
Bonnie Bonnets
Sundance
Scoops
Fifi
Pillow Talk

Author Topic: My six favorite Twice as Fancy ponies  (Read 981 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
My six favorite Twice as Fancy ponies
« on: February 10, 2022, 01:36:59 PM »
Here are my six favorite Twice-as-Fancy ponies:

1. Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair - While making this list, I thought Night Glider would be my #1 (spoiler alert: she’s #2), but when I looked at the TAF ponies closely, I’ve come to really like Sugarberry. Her symbol of strawberries on vines works well for the TAF theme. Being a white pony, the strawberry vines and her red mane and tail really stand out. Besides Paradise, I can’t think of a white pony that has such vivid red hair. And whether she’s called Sugarberry of Strawberry Fair, she has a delightfully cute name.

2.  Night Glider - Night Glider ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to specifics I like about ponies: Favorite pose? Check. Celestial theme? Check. Aesthetically-pleasing color combination? Check! You don’t see white hair on ponies too often and I do like it paired with the color blue she is, though if she were just a pinch darker, I think that would look amazing. But I don’t own Night Glider (way too expensive for one thing) so she may be perfect already as she is.

3. Milky Way - Speaking of celestially themed ponies with white hair…I love all the glittering silver stars on Milky Way’s body. That being said, I prefer the European version of Milky Way with the white stars that are painted on. I think they really pop and at least they’re not glitter so they’re not going to rub off. I believe Milky Way is only one of five ponies to have this pose, which is one of my favorite unicorn poses. In my mind, Milky Way is BFF with Galaxy and they love discussing astronomy.

4. Scoops - Scoops is a special pony to me. I got her and her ice cream parlor as a present from my good friend and next door neighbor, Meredith, when I was seven (In fact, she was so excited about it, she gave me a “sneak peek” of my present before my birthday party when I  was in her room and she opened her closet door and told me to look up on the shelf and sure enough, there it was!) Scoops is my second favorite playset pony after Majesty. I love her ice cream sodas (in m childhood herd, Fizzy used to work at the The Sweet Shoppe with her) and her name is just so cute! Scoops! I love it!

5. Sweet Tooth/Lollipop -  She’s on this list because I like her color combination and fun lollipop symbols.

6. Dancing Butterflies - I love a monochromatic pony and DB is one of my favorites. The alternating pink and blue butterflies go well with her yellow body and mane and tail. The butterfly design on DB is much better than that on Flutterbye. I love her Spanish name, Mariposa (as you can tell from my username), which, as you probably know, means butterfly in Spanish. I don’t see a French DB on the wiki page, but if there is one, I imagine her name is Papillion. The only thing I’m not crazy about is her pose, but I am becoming more fond of it. I don’t dislike it as much, as say, the Powder pose.

Can’t wait to see who your favorite TAF ponies are!

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My six favorite Twice as Fancy ponies
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 03:51:26 PM »
I voted for dancing butterflies, pillow talk, Merriweather, munchy, milky way and night glider, in no particular order, for the most part.

I have both milky way and dancing butterflies, I love how elegant dancing butterflies is and everything about milky way is a win. The rest are grail ponies, especially Merriweather, she's one of the more overlooked of the TaF in my opinion, even though that doesn't stop her from being expensive and hard to find, but I just love her, she's my second favourite. No prizes for guessing who gets the number one spot, though  ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 04:52:24 PM »
Strawberry Fair, Milky Way and Dancing Butterflies were my childhood ponies. I selected all 3 of them, I still think them beautiful. Strawberry Fair may just edge as my favourite TAF overall, because she was my first, and I love the red/white colour scheme. But I also love the other two.

Milky Way with silver stars. White is fine, but mine was silver, so silver is better ;)

Dabu is really pretty with her yellows, that elegant pose and (in the case of mine when she was new, anyway), curls. So there's those 3. My childhood SF below :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also have some other versions of her. My childhood one had to have her hair recurled after my friend had a shampooing accident and combed them out. But they've held in like that for years, so it's fine.

As a kid I really liked Love Melody as well, though I agonised for a bit and realised I actually like Up Up more now. So I went with her.

The other two are Buttons and Night Glider. No doubt on Night Glider. Buttons I thought about, as I also like Yum Yum, but I remembered that when sister and I originally chose which of the 2nd set we wanted each, she picked Yum Yum and Munchy and I picked Buttons and NG. So...clearly it should be those two.

I really like the TAF. I'm lucky enough to have a few MOC with different card versions.

This one is probably the treasure, though. I remember that card so much from my childhood, and I was so excited to see her on ebay a few years ago. She was so cheap really, considering the UK card is so much rarer.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 10:43:10 PM »
I'm not a big fan of TAFs,so I went with Dancing Butterflies and Night Glider. I love the baby TAFs though. So shout out to Babies ST, UU&A, DB, and Sugarberry.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Gusty.87

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 03:30:12 AM »
Sugarberry
Night Glider
Milky Way
Buttons
Munchy
Yum Yum  :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 06:15:36 AM »
Dancing Butterflies
Milky Way
Love Melody (all from the old collection)
Night Glider
Strawberry Fair
TAF Fifi
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 08:59:17 AM »
Based on the options in the poll

1. Dancing Butterflies - MY GIRL. I love warm colors and I love butterflies. I don't even mind that her wings look like corn on the cob.
2. Munchy - I have always been fascinated with her symbols. When I first saw her, I did not believe she was a real MLP. Her colors are pretty.
3. Yum Yum - Pretty hair and cute symbols!
4. Sweet Tooth - I love how vibrant her colors are. Such gorgeous hair :heart:
5. Night Glider - I love the space theme, and the colors fit her so well.
6. Milky Way - Ditto. Also, she's a unicorn, the best kind of pony.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »
Dancing Butterflies: Has always been my favorite.  I picked her out myself from the department store. She would be pretty with just a regular butterfly symbol but being covered in butterflies makes her just so gorgeous.  She's in my top five for prettiest ponies ever.

Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair:  I love her colors and the way her vines look like they're wrapping around her.  She's very eye catching and yet very earthy.

Love Melody: I think her wrap around hearts are so sweet and elegant.

Up, Up and Away:  She has a weird name, but when you think about her friends calling her "Up Up"... that's pretty cute. I really like her colorful theme, pose and balloons.

Milky Way:  She has such pretty glitter symbols.  She's a Twice as Fancy Twilight and I love that.

Night Glider:  I love her theme.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 03:22:29 PM »
In French, Up up is called Montgolfiere, apparently. I seriously love that.

Although I'm forgetting how I know that. I don't think I have a french card.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
In no particular order:

1.Dancing butterfiles - I think shes very stunning. I love how bright her colors are. Her next to her baby is just too cute.
2.Love melody- Shes one that I think is underated. Shes very pretty. Im not super big on earth ponies but she was one I never can pass up.
3.Night glider - I got her in a swap Im so very lucky to have her. Her star patterns are out of this world.
4.Merriweather- I know shes in an awkward pose but I look past that to see how pretty she is with her rainbow patterns.
5.Yum yum- not to be confused with the flutter pony. I think I had at one point 3 pass through my hands. Shes so contrasting.
6.Bonnie bonnets- Love the spring like theme. Someone said she should work in a hat shop. I think she should too.

side note I wish they made the second set into taf babies that would of been great.

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 11:41:04 AM »
Sugarberry - Adore her symbol. She’s so summery looking. That lovely hair. ❤️

Night Glider - Gorgeous! Her colors are so pleasing to the eye.  ^.^

Scoops - There’s just something about her I really like.  :biggrin:

Dancing Butterflies - Yellow! Much love. Her symbol is perfect. I can’t not look at this girl without thinking of my grandma.

Yum Yum - Pretty with pink or faded white hair. I love how holiday-ish her colors make her.

Merriweather - She seems like a very cheerful pony. Very much like her design.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 10:57:56 AM »
Thank you to everybody who participated in my poll. Here is an unofficial ranking of the TAF ponies according to the poll:

1. Night Glider
2. Dancing Butterflies
3. Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair
4. Milky Way
5. Munchy
6. Yum Yum
7. Pillow Talk
8. Love Melody and Buttons (tie)
10. Sweet Tooth/Lollipop
11. Up, Up and Away
12. Scoops
13. Merriweather and Fifi (tie)
15. Bonnie Bonnets
16. Sundance

A few observations:
-Night Glider, Dancing Butterflies, Sugarberry, and Milky Way doesn't surprise me being in the top five at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by Munchy rounding out the top five because I know people love her for her very unique (and a bit odd, perhaps) hot dog and fries symbols and I do know she is often sought out after.
-Sundance being last doesn't surprise me either. Out of all the Sundance variations, TAF Sundance is my least favorite. Alas, she was the childhood Sundance I had because I never got the original or SS Sundance.
- I was a bit surprised to see Pillow Talk make it at #7. I thought she'd be one of the bottom ones. I guess I underestimated her with her unique multi-color hair (the only TAF to have that) and her unique TAF symbols.
-Even though she didn't make my top six (she would have been #7 in my list), it does make me sad that Bonnie Bonnets is so low. I think she is quite cute. Her colors aren't my favorite, but I do love her hat symbols.
-Quite a few (and by that I mean three) TAF ponies have duplicate names: Yum Yum, Buttons, Fifi.

Offline chocolateDelight

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2022, 03:49:42 PM »
hmmm... i voted for....

• munchy - okay. i love yellow ponies even though yellow isn't my favourite colour. i had to. i'm a fan of food-themed ponies, but this one doesn't have a dessert or candy motif! which is pretty unusual, and i like it. she makes me crave sandwiches, tbh. lol
  • sugarberry - she's GORGEOUS. stunning. i'm not sure what more i should say, because she's one of my favourites and i've always thought she's very beautiful. also food themed
  • yum yum - she's cute. a candy themed pony = instant like for me. she has a simple yet effective concept. i like her mane a lot...
  • scoops - again. food-themed pony. she has a very pastel look, with her soft colour scheme. adorable!
  • pillow talk - she looks so shy and soft to me. she's beautiful. i always think of her as a very gentle, caring mom
  • dancing butterflies - very nice. gorgeous. i've always loved her bright colours. also, she's yellow!
(all in no particular order)

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 11:30:01 AM »
I find TAF buttons very underrated, and finally have them after they escaped me from auctions three times.  I always wanted them when I first saw them on the cover of a coloring book.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal