collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - Beldarna!  (Read 176 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - Beldarna!
« on: March 24, 2023, 12:46:22 PM »
This week the spotlight is on long time member Beldarna!

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name? David Eddings wrote the story of the Belgariad, and in there was a character, a lost sister to the sorceress Polgara, whos name was Beldaran. I didn’t want to openly steal a name so I rearanged the letters a bit. It's been my online name for decades now.

How old are you? 39

Do you go to school or work? I work.

What are your hobbies? I read books and watch movies. When I’m in the mood I crochet, paint, play videogames. Right now I’m obsessed with Diamond Painting, preferable doing motifs of my own pictures of family and pets.

Do you have any pets? I have three cats. Two boys who are 11 years old, Ninja and Simba, and 4 year old female Majsan, who is a crazy hybrid between cat, dog and squirrel.

What do you like/dislike about yourself? I like that I’m not afraid to stand up for myself and don’t really care of others opinions of me. I dislike that I’m not healthy and has the energy to do things like before. It’s always a balance act of what I have to sacrifice if I do something I want to do.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I’ve always said that if I became a billionaire I would buy the Neuschwanstein and move it to the Scottish Highlands and live there, lol. But I am pretty comfortable where I live now.

Do you collect anything other than ponies? Not anymore, really.. books? I used to collect Five Crowns (a swe coin) printed 1984 (my birthyear) but since they updated the looks of our currency a few years ago they've been discontinued and not possible to find anymore.

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies? I stumbled into the pony collecting world in 2002 but bought my first pony 2004.

Why did you start collecting ponies? It started with the cartoons. I found a couple of VHS in a huge bin at a supermarket 2002 and got some with me home and posted about it on my journal on a popular community site. A collector saw it, invited me to an mlp group and I joined. I continued to collect the cartoons only but eventually I thought I would get the ponies I wanted as a kid but never got. See what that got me! :rolleyes:

Who is your favorite pony and why? I have a soft spot for Twilight. In the Midnight castle she could dissapear and show up elsewhere and that’s something I wanted to do as a child as well. Still wish to occasionaly. But I also love Gusty, Firefly and Medley.

Who is your least favorite pony and why? I don’t like the bbe ponies. Any of them.

Who is your favorite pony from another country? Tough one. I honestly don’t know. They’re out of my league so I don’t tend to pay attention to them. Blue Lickety Split would be a dream though.

Who is your favorite fakie? I have a kind of beige pony with rainbow hair with a saddle on in the same colour as the body, He was always Nightshade when I played as a child. I also have a blue donkey with pink hair that I love.

Who was your first pony? Ft Baby Norhtstar. I was three years old and loved Rescue at Midnight Castle so I thought I had gotten Silver (as Firefly was called in the cartoon at that time). I was a bit confused over the symbols not matching the show.

What pony did you get recently? Does the petites count? I got Royal Palace Sundrop in the mail yesterday.

What is your favorite generation? G1

What is your favorite part about collecting? The community. Sometimes I stray away and don’t care for a while but it’s always here when I come back and I love it. I'm so thankful the Arena still stands despite all the social media platforms.

How big is your collection? Around 400 ponies I would think.

What do your friends and family think about your collection? In the beginning they thought I was riddicoulus for spending money on something like that. Now they think it’s kind of cool. My mom even bought me a mlp clock she found at a flee market. When I met my husband he thought it was awesome at the get go. He collects cameras and equipments so he has the pricier hobby, lol. Some of the people I surround myself with also collect stuff, like dolls, so I don’t feel like the odd one out.

Do you still play with your ponies? No. I kind of wish I did. I talk to them, and clean them, apologize if I knock one over. (I talk to most objects to be fair, says goodmorning to the water boiler and ask the computer how it is before starting it etc)

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!? Rapunzel.

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why? I would like High Flyers Dragonfly. I have a soft spot for Dragonflies and butterflies. I feel connected to the idea of rebirth to something beautiful.

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why? I would love to see Kiwi Tart and Silver Rain turned to G1. :satisfied:

What has been the worst part about collecting? Misinformation and prices. I had a hard time during the hight of G4 with all the bronies coming in and rearange established names, terms and shortenings.

What is your ultimate collecting goal? I don’t have a goal. I just buy what I feel like in the moment. It can go months, even years between a purchase.

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment? Getting all the flutterponies. Including Hollywood with originial wings, comb and ribbon.

What is your biggest collecting regret? I should maybe have bought the boys before the prices skyrocketed.

Who is your grail pony and why? As of now I would love to get HK Sunlight. I only have the Italian version.

Do you have it? No.

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies? Loose. But I’ve kept the Basic Fun ponies MIB.

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get? Italian Gusty.

Are you a customizer? I don’t call myself that, but I have done some customs and restorations in the past.

Would you ever be? No.

What do you think of custom ponies? As long as they’re done with respect and heart, go for it. Be aware of what ponies to use, though.

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion? A small hairtrim is ok, and/or some small mark that won’t be seen on display. Head and body discolouration is sad. Unfortunaly I’ve discovered just that on some ponies that I bought in very good condition and I’m not sure of what to do with them. When I’ve had a pony for so many years I become attatched and they become like a friend and to upgrade them feels like a betrayal. :(

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie? Bait. All fakies I get are collected in a bag and returned to goodwill.

Do you watch pony shows/movies? Yes.

Which ones? I grew up watching the G1 Cartoons and have all of them. I have some of the G3 movies and I did see the G4 and the G5 movies, but are not keen on the shows.

Do you read pony comics? Yes

Which ones? The G1s that I have.

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony? I cut the fringe on Milky Way and put baby Northstar on a lamp and forgot about her so she has a burnt mark on her butt. I was a child, but still feel horrible.

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would make ponies look like ponies again"

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know there were so many different kinds"

"I think the most underappreciated pony is Peachy because she's so common so noone really cares about her."

"I think more ponies should have been made in green"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - Beldarna!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 06:30:23 PM »
Always great to learn more about people ^^

And you are so right about green ponies!

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:04:46 PM »
 :happy: Another great interview! These are so nice to read! Nice to know a little more about Beldarna. :heart:

Do you have any pets? I have three cats. Two boys who are 11 years old, Ninja and Simba, and 4 year old female Majsan, who is a crazy hybrid between cat, dog and squirrel.

:lol: I also feel that our cat Ozzy is also some crazy hybrid cat... Maybe he has a mix of dog and squirrel too...or hare, because he sometimes gets startled by trivial things and runs away like a hare.  :lol:

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony? I cut the fringe on Milky Way and put baby Northstar on a lamp and forgot about her so she has a burnt mark on her butt. I was a child, but still feel horrible.
Ouch! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 03:54:51 AM »
I ruined a Glow Worm the same way as a kid. I put it on the lightbulb and part of it melted!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 06:27:27 AM »
It was a surprise and an honor to be asked for an interview. Thank you BlackCurtains.  ^.^

:happy: Another great interview! These are so nice to read! Nice to know a little more about Beldarna. :heart:

:lol: I also feel that our cat Ozzy is also some crazy hybrid cat... Maybe he has a mix of dog and squirrel too...or hare, because he sometimes gets startled by trivial things and runs away like a hare.  :lol:

Lol at hare! :lol: Majsan comes when called and plays fetch. She also loves to climb on vertical things; bookshelfs, cabinets, doors, wardrobes, the net surrounding the balcony. She only misses a really poofy tail, lol.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 07:51:49 AM »
fun to read :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 02:03:36 PM »
What a lovely interview!!! Your cats sound like real characters & I also want more green in Ponyworld!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 05:32:46 AM »
Beldarna is a name I've seen for a long time! It's great to see an interview from you! :heart: Blue Lickety Split is definitely a great pony to own, I'd like that one too!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal