collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Small Makeup brag/ Celestia wig & makeup photos! (Warning! Pics of my face D: )  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I just got this AMAZING Makeup package through from Lollipop! I asked her if she could put some items together that would suit my planned cosplay of Princess Celestia! I'm really glad I did, because I'm rubbish at makeup, and Lollipop totally came through for me, she included some beautifully designed ideas and well, since I've finished my classes for today, I thought.. why not!
So I grabbed a mirror and I sat, for pretty much an hour,  (I forget how long decent makeup takes!) and attempted to apply one of the designs.

Bonus flowery head band because I have yet to make the crown!

Extra close up so you can see the amazing colours in this! (although the camera didn't pick up the subtle pink to purple eyeshadow)

Tadaaah!
My Celestia wig came through a few weeks ago, and together, oooh my gosh it looks so good! Soooo worth it!

So massive thank you again, to Lollipop, and here you go girls! Proof that even if you don't do makeup, guided by someone who can you can make some preeetty awesome stuff happen!

Now to use that metallic gold eyeliner EVERY DAAAY WHOO
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Wow!! That looks amazing and your wig is beautiful! Your cosplay is gonna turn out fantastic.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
OMG that looks amazing! I love the colors =)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
You Look Fantastic, nice job!

CowgirlApplejack

• Trade Count: (0)
Wow that looks awesome!!!! I should have her design my makeup for my wedding and masquerade ball costumes! You did a lovely job!!!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
 :yippee: it looks very good on you  :biggrin: I am glad you loved everything. :hug:

I do love that gold eyeliner  :biggrin: its so sparkly

Few tips I forgot to add on your notes   :blush:

With the Crystal gems you could either use them as a little line under your lower lashes,
Place one each side on the inner corner of your eyes.
Or... put a gem on the end of each of those flicks (you could also do the inner corner of your eye as well ^.^)

The eyeshadow colours should be pretty intense anyway (the eye primer will also help to intensify and keep it on all day) but if you want them even brighter mix a little with toner (you can use water I just found toner works so much better)
To do this put toner on a cotton pad then push your brush against it to get it damp. Then with the loose eyeshadow put a little bit in the lid swirl the brush in it then away you go (test it on your hand first to test the colouring)
With the sponge applicator ones tip a little bit of eyeshadow on the back of your hand or in another lid (or dish) then swirl your brush in it same as before.
For pressed eyeshadows just put the damp brush straight on the eyeshadow, use the brushes at the edges of the eyeshadow (if you find it dries up a little bit it a few weeks just scratch off that layer it is fine underneath ^.^)

Wow that looks awesome!!!! I should have her design my makeup for my wedding and masquerade ball costumes! You did a lovely job!!!

:lovey: Hehe wedding make-up is a lot of fun to do & masquerade balls. Feel free to pm  ^.^
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Wow, you look awesome :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
You look so very lovely!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Great job! Super fun costplay- love that wig!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Very pretty! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I think that is awesome looking! I would not have any idea how to do any of that stuff!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
That looks good! I never mastered the art of eye makeup

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Woah, that's the same wig I got for mine, I think!

http://37.media.tumblr.com/1bfac5503a38309ef1d5e2ba74eb4cb1/tumblr_n148xkUvEM1r6l4b6o1_1280.jpg

I added green wefts to mine :3

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
Awww, very nice :D

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tulip

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
:yippee: it looks very good on you  :biggrin: I am glad you loved everything. :hug:

I do love that gold eyeliner  :biggrin: its so sparkly

Few tips I forgot to add on your notes   :blush:

With the Crystal gems you could either use them as a little line under your lower lashes,
Place one each side on the inner corner of your eyes.
Or... put a gem on the end of each of those flicks (you could also do the inner corner of your eye as well ^.^)

The eyeshadow colours should be pretty intense anyway (the eye primer will also help to intensify and keep it on all day) but if you want them even brighter mix a little with toner (you can use water I just found toner works so much better)
To do this put toner on a cotton pad then push your brush against it to get it damp. Then with the loose eyeshadow put a little bit in the lid swirl the brush in it then away you go (test it on your hand first to test the colouring)
With the sponge applicator ones tip a little bit of eyeshadow on the back of your hand or in another lid (or dish) then swirl your brush in it same as before.
For pressed eyeshadows just put the damp brush straight on the eyeshadow, use the brushes at the edges of the eyeshadow (if you find it dries up a little bit it a few weeks just scratch off that layer it is fine underneath ^.^)

Thank you for the tips! I will most likely try the other two designs and when I'm confident enough with applying the makeup, I might play around with them a bit! I also want to get faster with applying it all, since I'll need to do this each morning on the convention!

Woah, that's the same wig I got for mine, I think!

http://37.media.tumblr.com/1bfac5503a38309ef1d5e2ba74eb4cb1/tumblr_n148xkUvEM1r6l4b6o1_1280.jpg

I added green wefts to mine :3

Oh snap! It totally looks like it! And I did consider getting some pale green extensions and adding them in.. but I don't know enough about hair and wigs to mess around with it. I think it'll do fine as it is. (Although there is a temptation to stitch tinsel strands into it! Hehehe)

And thank you all for your kind words! I'll make sure to post my progress on here of Celestia's dress, and I'm also making a Discord outfit for my boyfriend. (Which I'm super paranoid about aaargh) But I won't be able to start work until I've finished Uni for this year. So many deadlines uuuurgh
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal