collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH section in new Canadian Target stores?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MH section in new Canadian Target stores?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
So they finally opened the Target here, and the only exclusive MH they have is the GB 6-pack.  I was really really hoping for Power Ghouls or Scary Tales or Werewolf sisters or pretty much anything aside from that $90 pack.  They don't even have new PD or 13 Wishes.. for some reason I was hoping they'd be a little ahead of the other stores in the area since they're so new.

Anybody else have their Target open recently?  How was your MH selection?

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 07:14:50 AM »
Mine open in two months--I can't wait. Someone told me the toys are cheaper there than even Walmart, which makes me giddy.

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
Mine open in two months--I can't wait. Someone told me the toys are cheaper there than even Walmart, which makes me giddy.

They usually have better sales than Walmart imo, or at least they do in the US. The only thing MH I've seen that's the cheapest at Target are the fashion packs; the dolls are usually the same.

I don't know what to say about prices with regards to the Canadian Targets... but.... There is the fact that the SS/GB 5-pks are $90+tax here... I wouldn't say their prices are going to be cheaper than Walmart's.

I do have to say though, and this is just the feeling I've gotten from shopping at maybe 10 different Targets in the US, in my opinion Targets -feel- nicer than Walmarts. I'm not trying to say anything bad about Walmart (as a company there's plenty, but no reason to get into that), but that's just the vibe I've always gotten going into a Target.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »

They usually have better sales than Walmart imo, or at least they do in the US. The only thing MH I've seen that's the cheapest at Target are the fashion packs; the dolls are usually the same.

I don't know what to say about prices with regards to the Canadian Targets... but.... There is the fact that the SS/GB 5-pks are $90+tax here... I wouldn't say their prices are going to be cheaper than Walmart's.

I do have to say though, and this is just the feeling I've gotten from shopping at maybe 10 different Targets in the US, in my opinion Targets -feel- nicer than Walmarts. I'm not trying to say anything bad about Walmart (as a company there's plenty, but no reason to get into that), but that's just the vibe I've always gotten going into a Target.

The MH prices at the Target here are very similar to Wal-Mart's, if not a dollar or two higher. 

Targets definitely are nicer inside than Wal-Mart - they seem to be going for the yuppie demographic, white pseudo-hipsters with families and middle class people who pooh-pooh at places where poor people shop.  Which is probably why they don't carry large sizes in clothes for women or men; they don't want us fat slobs in there making their pretty store ugly and Wal-Martesque.  But I digress.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal