collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Regeneration Fanatica Arrived & Regen Comments  (Read 752 times)

Offline Abasca

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Regeneration Fanatica Arrived & Regen Comments
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
I have to admit that I was really pissed off when I found out that Groove was going to release the Regeneration Series.  I thought it was a slap in the face to the collectors who worked so hard to save up and hunt down "sold out" dolls.  Like, I had to fork up $400-something for my Noir and some totally high amount for Moon and here they are being released again.  :mad:

So I went on with life, muttering about "freaking regens" whenever I'd see them online.  Until one day, I came across a nude Regen Fanatica and a Nella being sold together at a price that I thought I'd be an idiot to pass up on.  I bought them, thinking that I could trade away Regen Fanatica later on (weird thinking for me because my dolls are like my kids).

Anyway, they arrived and I stuck the nude dolls in some extra dolly clothes that I had.  And then I found myself shelving Nella and carrying around Regen Fanatica in my bag.  The "freaking regen" has totally smitten me.

I still want an original Fanatica as I've failed to get her up to this point.  Also, her face seems very different from a Type 2.  I can tell the difference.  One fear was that someone might be conned into buying a regen stuck onto a Type 2 body being passed off as an "original."  However... I've been collecting for awhile, so that works in my favor... I still think people need to be wary of scams like that.

My verdict on regens: I now like them.  They're affordable copies.  The originals will still be sought-after (by me at least, LOL) and who couldn't love her huge eyes?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Untitled by Abasca the Christian Squirrel, on Flickr

I have to take better pics of her soon. :)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:30:39 PM by Abasca »

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
Re: Regeneration Fanatica Arrived & Regen Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
I admit I like Regens, as that's the only way I could buy a Paja. Though if I could afford the 2005 Paja I would pass on the Regen. But yes its a terrible deed done for the serious collectors. It makes things easier to think that the Regens would make people want the originals more. But maybe its just me.  :P

Scams like what you've said are terrible, but there is a possibility of that happening.

I like Nella even without her stock, she's cute and looks sweet  :)

And ooh congratulations on your Regen Fanatica!  ^.^ I liked her ever since I saw her wearing Uncanricky's stock, such a darling~ Best of luck finding and getting a steal price on the original  :)

Edited to say I saw your flickr photos just now, and boy you have so many Pullips, I'm jealous, tee-hee :P My second congratulations on getting each and every one of them.  :biggrin:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:34:33 PM by beajjai033 »

Offline Abasca

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:24 AM »
Aww, thank you!  You're so sweet!  :blush:  I think I only have so many because I've been collecting for so long and because I sold off my MIB/MOC My Little Pony collection to switch over to collecting Pullips instead.  However, if you talk to Loa, she might tell you that I'd sell off my organs to buy dolls which is totally kind of correct now that I think about it... Nah, I'm totally joking.  :P

This is so bad because now I want each of the regens to compare with each of the originals and they can be "sisters."  Then they can go on twin mega-adventures together and take over the world!   

*twitches*  Can someone please tranquilize me?   :P

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk

Rosse

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »
Congrats on your new dollies, Abasca! I think Fanatica and Paja are the best regens, so you were lucky, hehe.

Those comparisons are perfect, klein! Mine of Fanatica is not as good but you get a general idea:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fanatica: Original & Regeneration by Rosse86, on Flickr

Despite thinking Re-Fan was well made I couldn't really bond with her, and was incredibly lucky to find a complete original at a great price just shortly after. I hope you manage to find the original too Abasca, if that's what you want :)

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
Congrats on the new girls! your pullip collection is awesome :heart:

i got Regen Alice....because I have always wanted her MIB, and to find the original that way is quite a lofty goal (tho now that I have her, I am so so tempted to open her)

the regen Paja tempts me so, because I adore Paja, but I tend to be a little conservative price wise.....doesnt mean I didnt spring for Panda and Jupi.....but Paja is even out of that range.

the comparisons are interesting. you can see small differences

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
Aww, thank you!  You're so sweet!  :blush:  I think I only have so many because I've been collecting for so long and because I sold off my MIB/MOC My Little Pony collection to switch over to collecting Pullips instead.  However, if you talk to Loa, she might tell you that I'd sell off my organs to buy dolls which is totally kind of correct now that I think about it... Nah, I'm totally joking.  :P

This is so bad because now I want each of the regens to compare with each of the originals and they can be "sisters."  Then they can go on twin mega-adventures together and take over the world!   

*twitches*  Can someone please tranquilize me?   :P

No problem dear!  ^.^
Well, for me that is just starting I might lose some organs to reach numbers same as yours.  :lol:
In comparing original vs. regens, klein beat you to it :P Well I think your idea is fun, so I won't prevent you from doing so.  ;)

Offline Abasca

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
Thank you for the pictures, Klein and Rosse!   ^.^  Those pics are awesome to use as reference and I totally appreciate it!  :biggrin:  That's so awesome that you have the originals and the regens, Klein!  :joy:

beajjai033, I'm so nagging my husband for another doll right now for Valentine's Day.  I'm trying to boost my dolly numbers, but I don't think he's listening, LOL!  :P

Post Merge: February 07, 2013, 10:18:06 PM

Whoa, Klein!  I was looking at your website and your collection is AMAZING! :dizzy:  I'm totally blown away!  Congratulations on the awesomeness!   :sunny:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:18:06 PM by Abasca »

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:07 AM »
Thanks for the pictures everyone :) I really kind of like the regens better than the originals... I was never that much into the type1/2 girls... ^^"

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:30:29 AM »
Abasca: Best of luck there dear! I hope he'll give in :P

theamazingfetus

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
Seeing the regens is kind of nice because you can really see how much pullip's style has changed over the years. However, i think it's really cool because I got out of pullips because the style and feel of the newer dolls being released just doesn't appeal me to me. The regens are a nice chance for people to get some of the older dolls they missed out on before or for newer collectors to get a doll that had more of the "original pullip personality".
They're really bringing me back to pullip. All th dolls in the past year or two have bored me to death but a Noir? Fanatica? Well, I guess they've won me back. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal