collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New as yet unreleased dolls?!  (Read 809 times)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Re: New as yet unreleased dolls?!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:12 AM »
Sapphire, if you look at he shirt it's got lighter blue lines on it? That's where the bandage pattern is- they're not all lined up, and scattered a bit underneath those splashes of gold.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
Huh? Cleo looks odd, without the traditional wrap patterns, I guess the horizontal stripes are supposed to be the wraps, but since is so perfect horizontal and along wit the colors it kind of looks like clothes meant for the Bee CAM ghoul instead than a mummy teamed outfit.

I totally agree here.
This Cleo looks like a regular fashion doll to me and not like an Egyptian mummy fashion doll.
The outfit is lacking the Egyptian call backs and the color scheme looks more fitting for Nefera than Cleo. As someone who's very interested in Ancient Egypt and therefore has always loved Cleo's designs I'm kind of disappointed.
I see they tried to go for a kind of Cleopatra VII look with the Greek sandals and all, but I have to say I highly disapprove of this :/

But I lovelovelove the swimsuit set. That retro style is very cute! Even though I have to admit I'm kind of tired of all the Draculauras. Would have loved to see Gil instead of her in that line-up.
Especially since Venus, Lagoona and Gil are BFFs. Having a little Swim Team backstory for them would have been great, too.

As for Spectra - she's near perfect! Finally she gets different jewelry! Love the glittery black stuff.
Abbey - looks very mix and match to me. Maybe I will get her and just replace her dress with the one from her new fashion pack. Mhh, I dunno.
Draculaura - oh, look. Yet another Draculaura! *g* Come on, I thought Frankie was the main protagonist? I love Lala, but there are way too many dolls of her who all start to look alike. How many hearts-and-bows outfits can you make?

All in all, I wish they would bring back the "monster" in Monster High. The new dolls look too much like regular girls with a crazy sense of fashion to me :/
Sorry for coming off as bitchy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:37:26 AM by Zapper »

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
Great, now I want that Venus  :biggrin:

But if I ever see the others, I wouldn't mind taking some  :lookround:
Sup

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
Sapphire, if you look at he shirt it's got lighter blue lines on it? That's where the bandage pattern is- they're not all lined up, and scattered a bit underneath those splashes of gold.

Ah! you mean on the clear blue raincoat thing she is wearing? (or at least it looks like that material in the pic)  thanks for pointing it I haven't noticed that,  it does  appears to have some kind of wrap patter, sadly is hard to see on the pic hopefully we can have a better quality pic soon.

I totally agree here.
This Cleo looks like a regular fashion doll to me and not like an Egyptian mummy fashion doll.
The outfit is lacking the Egyptian call backs and the color scheme looks more fitting for Nefera than Cleo. As someone who's very interested in Ancient Egypt and therefore has always loved Cleo's designs I'm kind of disappointed.
I see they tried to go for a kind of Cleopatra VII look with the Greek sandals and all, but I have to say I highly disapprove of this :/

But I lovelovelove the swimsuit set. That retro style is very cute! Even though I have to admit I'm kind of tired of all the Draculauras. Would have loved to see Gil instead of her in that line-up.
Especially since Venus, Lagoona and Gil are BFFs. Having a little Swim Team backstory for them would have been great, too.

As for Spectra - she's near perfect! Finally she gets different jewelry! Love the glittery black stuff.
Abbey - looks very mix and match to me. Maybe I will get her and just replace her dress with the one from her new fashion pack. Mhh, I dunno.
Draculaura - oh, look. Yet another Draculaura! *g* Come on, I thought Frankie was the main protagonist? I love Lala, but there are way too many dolls of her who all start to look alike. How many hearts-and-bows outfits can you make?

All in all, I wish they would bring back the "monster" in Monster High. The new dolls look too much like regular girls with a crazy sense of fashion to me :/
Sorry for coming off as bitchy.

Very true,  the outfits does looks mush less monster-ish now  :cry:
Even if I like the deluxe Draculaura, she does look less vampire teamed and more just gothic lolita fashion  >_<

I also think is odd about what is happening to Frankie, she was supposed to be the lead character but we haven't see too mush of her releases lately, maybe is because the little girls prefer Draculaura instead? at least when I'm in the store, most of the time the little girls go to look at the Draculauras first.  :lookround:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »
I really want the Lagoona from the first picture. I'll pass on a second Venus. It would be different if they gave her a different hair style. She looks too much like my other Venus though. Draculaura is kind of cute but I prefer the one from the second picture and will most likely be getting her. :) Also.. Abbey with bangs! Loving that. Spectra I'm not too sure on though. We'll have to wait and see.

I agree about Cleo.. she just.. doesn't fit the whole Mummy scene in that outfit. I'll pass on her.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
I really don't care that Cleo doesn't look too Egyptian themed, I think she's gorgeous and I love her outfit. Was it ever actually said that Cleo is supposed to be a mummy? I mean, her dad is one, but I always thought the bandages were more of a style thing, than actual necessity.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »
Was it ever actually said that Cleo is supposed to be a mummy?

Look at her bio from the signature release and her description here  http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Cleo_de_Nile

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Was it ever actually said that Cleo is supposed to be a mummy?

Look at her bio from the signature release and her description here  http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Cleo_de_Nile

Oh, ok. I never really paid much attention to her (as far as her background, etc) since I never really liked her. The Fearbook version is the first version of her I've really wanted.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »

Oh, ok. I never really paid much attention to her (as far as her background, etc) since I never really liked her. The Fearbook version is the first version of her I've really wanted.

Well, the outfit is pretty yes,  but wit those perfect yellow and black stripes and the clear blue shirt/ jacket, it looks like something the Bee cam could wear , it even looks kind of similar to the one that doll comes wit.  ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luzzu/7042630371/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abjd/7309718330/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:15:02 PM by Sapphire-Light »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal