collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New as yet unreleased dolls?!  (Read 808 times)

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
New as yet unreleased dolls?!
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Anyone recognize any of these dolls? I assume the swim 3 pack will be a Target exclusive, since that fits the pattern. The others are probably wave 5 of the basic dolls for spring '13. None of them are part of the Scaris line as far as I can tell.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about Venus and Spectra!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: New as yet unreleased dolls?!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »
You are correct in that we don't think these are Scaris dolls. The first three are just a Swim line. We don't know that they will be from Target, and I think someone said they'd be more like the second wave of Dead Tired dolls that aren't available at the major retailers.

The second set we are dubbing either 3.0, Fearbook, Picture Day, or I am sure a million other things.

I'm totally with you about loving that Venus, though :)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »
I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about Venus and Spectra!

I second that.  I must have them! :O

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
I really want that Cleo. I adore everything about her. And that Venus is looking more and more tempting. I don't like her signature version so I'm surprised I like this one, but something about her is making me want to get her as well.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »
They may just be the new swimline, since they do one every year. I will eat people if they're the random store ones- I have never seen any of the "discount, not regular doll" dolls anywhere, and adore Venus.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Aaryana

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »
the second wave of Dead Tired dolls that aren't available at the major retailers.

Are you referring to the Dead Tired Abbey, Clawdeen, and Draculaura as being not available at major retailers? I bought mine at Walmart, and I've seen them at Target and Meijer too. Can you clarify what you mean?

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »
I like the new Abbey quite a bit!  The bangs are cute and her hair streaks on top is a nice touch.

I adore all of the bathing suits!  I may not get the dolls, but I'll have to hunt for the suits!

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »
the second wave of Dead Tired dolls that aren't available at the major retailers.

Are you referring to the Dead Tired Abbey, Clawdeen, and Draculaura as being not available at major retailers? I bought mine at Walmart, and I've seen them at Target and Meijer too. Can you clarify what you mean?

Really?! Oh wow, no my Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys-R-Us don't carry them. I've only seen them a Dollar General, Ross, Big Lots, etc.... I was under the impression that the Abbey/Clawdeen/night-gown Draculaura were not available at major retailers.  :blush: Sorry for giving out bad info

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »

Really?! Oh wow, no my Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys-R-Us don't carry them. I've only seen them a Dollar General, Ross, Big Lots, etc.... I was under the impression that the Abbey/Clawdeen/night-gown Draculaura were not available at major retailers.  :blush: Sorry for giving out bad info

I haven't heard anyone finding them at major retailers.  I've seen them at Meijer, too, but apparently they don't count because they aren't national.  Alot of people around here have complained about what a struggle it is to find them.  Oh, I've also seen them at JCP too.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
We don't have Meijer's down here. I had never heard of them until I started collecting

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
Mejier is only in a handful of states (5, I think.)  Hardly national :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Aaryana

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »

I don't think it was bad info! I just didn't realize they are harder to find since they are so common here. That said, if anyone needs them, let me know! We have lots! I've never seen them at Toys R Us, but I got mine at Walmart, and Draculaura from Target and the others from Meijer for a friend. I've also seen them at Kmart, and they were cheaper there, but I'd already bought mine.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
WOW. They are all GORGEOUS and I NEED THEM right now. *drooooooooooooooooool*

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
I love the swim dolls!  But more than that?  I WANT THAT CLEO!  :shocked:
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 07:09:03 AM »
Huh? Cleo looks odd, without the traditional wrap patterns, I guess the horizontal stripes are supposed to be the wraps, but since is so perfect horizontal and along wit the colors it kind of looks like clothes meant for the Bee CAM ghoul instead than a mummy teamed outfit.

The Spectra looks very good, finally they stopped using the neon fuschia in the eyeshadow, and I only like her signature release because of this issue since I don't like that color in her makeup.

I really like the deluxe Draculaura  :inlove: and the Abbey looks very neat.

And about the DT wave 2, is strange because I found two of them here in my country in a kiosk inside a mall.  :what:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal