collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nendoroido kawaii desu!!!  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Nendoroido kawaii des!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 06:18:17 AM »
Holy crap wow haha okay, my figures are totally not this type then haha. Japan makes really good quality figures however. You can get awesome ones from vending machines & random grab bag lines for different anime series. I got a whole series of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni figures that are great for "random figure" price.  :satisfied: Are these just somehow even better quality?? I think there is even a game series of these figures...

I wish other countries made figures as good as Japan's lol  :huh:
Well, Nendos for the most part are hand painted, which is why they 'justify' the high price (I don't agree, but whatever). Any prototypes they do are also hand sculpted (which is just MIND BLOWING).

I haven't bought a Nedo yet, and I want one so bad. But I want Snow Miku and I can never get in on her... she's like my grail. And if and when Sakura Miku comes out I think I'd just flail badly. I just... as I said before I can never justify the pricing of these, and maybe if I found one on Mandarake (it's a used toy shop, where you can get AMAZING deals) for a good price and my fiance was getting something at the same store then yeah, I'd grab one.

Right now I'm sobbing because I want the Amazing Spider-Man one they just showed on their site... but he's 3,800 yen (that's like 50 bucks, USD). I can get a figma for that (a good example is figma Link (yes, Legend of Zelda Link) that comes out in October, same price). I can get an S.H. Figuart for that. I can get two Monster High dolls and a fashion pack for that

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:06:18 AM »
To each their own; what ever works for one person might not work for another.  I just recently started getting into anime heavily, and I absolutely LUUUUURVE anything that looks remotely chibi so nendoroids are perfect for me! 

Miss tuneful: Thank you for the heads up on Sakura Miku!!!!!  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: I'm going to be stalking Amiami and Hobbylink like crazy for the next couple of months!  I'm guessing the release date will fall sometime in March of 2013?  I know they're also releasing Mirai Suenaga (Danny Choo's brand mascot) as a nendo as well, and she's definitely on my list!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
That's true, I haven't been into anime for years and I don't know most of these characters! If I had known about these when I was into it though...oh gods I would have been spent every dime on them haha.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »
Oooh I love Nendoroids too :)  I also have Hatsune Miku, along with Nozomu Itoshiki from "Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei". 

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
It's *desu btw ^^ I love these but I can't afford T-T

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nendoroido kawaii desu!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »
Nendoooos!  I love them!

My boyfriend collects all sorts of things, we both collect hasbro stuff (he has SO MANY TRANSFORMERS).  But he also has a ton of figmas, and knew I liked chibi things.  He got me looking into nendos, and bought me my first, (and so far only) one at a convention.  Homura!  So cute!  She's my current avatar.

Preordered the black rock shooter coming out at the end of august, so pumped!

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 02:41:53 AM »
I bought a Nendoroid mini for a friend's birthday. n_n Got him Ryuk from Death Note! It was so hard letting go of him, I just wanted to keep him so bad!

Offline Marinakirby

• Bratz Pony
  • Life has no lines~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »
I love Nendoroids! They're so awfully expensive though.....that's why I stopped buying.  :sad:
I have the characters from Death Note, let me see if I can find some pictures of them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:15:07 AM by Marinakirby »

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »
Totally preordered this girl too.

Captain Marika!

Just finished bodacious space pirates yesterday, the 3rd story arc was sooo good!  I couldnt resist ordering her!  Comes out end of october.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »
So I'm looking at photos on Amazon and seeing different poses and ... different eyes. O_o;; Can you really change their eyes? How does that work?

ETA: Nevermind. Found some MIB photos and I can see the extra faces in the bottom of the box. That's neat!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:47:35 AM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Folly

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
So I'm looking at photos on Amazon and seeing different poses and ... different eyes. O_o;; Can you really change their eyes? How does that work?
You mean the different expressions?  Most of them come with interchangeable faces (and usually other things like extra body parts, props, ect for a wider variety of poses)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
You mean the different expressions?  Most of them come with interchangeable faces (and usually other things like extra body parts, props, ect for a wider variety of poses)

Yeah, I went looking for some MIB photos since I noticed the mouths changed as well. XD

These things are so adorable. We have an anime store in town. Going to see if they have any of these in stock. If not, I might have to beg for one. Where do you buy from? I'm a bit nervous after hearing about all the bootlegs. I'm not a fan of supporting bootleggers, regardless of how good the bootleg is.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
I always to go amiami when I'm looking for nendos.  Hobby search is pretty good too, as well as HLJ (hobby link japan).

Ones that are already released tend to have higher prices, since a limited number are available.  Buying from an american website is also more expensive, best to order straight from japan.

The way to get the best price is to pre-order while theyre on sale.  :bigups:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
I always to go amiami when I'm looking for nendos.  Hobby search is pretty good too, as well as HLJ (hobby link japan).

Ones that are already released tend to have higher prices, since a limited number are available.  Buying from an american website is also more expensive, best to order straight from japan.

Oh wow, these prices are aces compared to what I've been seeing on both U.S. and Japan Amazon! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Ai from Aurora

Offline Souffaloufagous

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »

Oh wow, these prices are aces compared to what I've been seeing on both U.S. and Japan Amazon! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Glad to help!
There is also Anime Export, Big in Japan, Otacute (not a fan) and Play Asia (also not a fan).
Hope you find some awesome nendos!  :D

If you decide to get any, you should tell us.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal