collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check: MIP Painting Time  (Read 434 times)

Offline grayswandir

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponyland Press
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Press
Price check: MIP Painting Time
« on: December 16, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
I recently bought a MIP Painting Time, at what I thought was a good price, but now that I've received the package, I can see that it's damaged, so now I'm wondering whether to complain to the seller (since she never mentioned or photographed any damage).  Admittedly, now that I look back, I can see that she did say "on card" and not "mint on card."  But she also said that any problems would be visible in the photos, which they aren't. :(

The package is Painting Time, on German card.  The card itself is in excellent condition, very flat and bright, and the bubble is clean and unyellowed, so that's all good.  The problem is that the bubble is cracked all around the pony's face.  There's a break in the plastic right over her ear, and cracked and broken plastic over her head and down her nose.

So I'm wondering, how much should a package like this be worth?

Thanks for any help!  :)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Price check: MIP Painting Time
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
If it was the one on ebay then you absolutely cannot tell there is a problem with the plastic...and I would complain its an item not as described. The picture is pretty grainy.

I feel like most MOCs are at least $50 now, so the price isn't terrible, but I would except it to be as described. I think that would make me disappointed.

Offline grayswandir

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponyland Press
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Press
Re: Price check: MIP Painting Time
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »
Yep, that's the one.  I knew the picture was grainy, but since the description says "I always take enough pics for you to judge yourself," I was expecting it to be intact.  *sigh*

I'm still wondering whether it would be better to try to do a return with the seller, or just resell the pony myself.  If anyone can estimate what she'd sell for, with the cracked bubble, I'd be much obliged. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal