collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89560 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1185 on: April 03, 2017, 11:15:47 PM »
On my 7th day spin on Sunday, I got a King's Rock, and then not even an hour later I spun and got a second metal coat! So now I have both Steelix and Scizor. I figured I'd go for Slowking before Politoed, but then I realized I've always carelessly transferred away my extra Slowpokes and this one is kind of a bad IV so I'm waiting for a better one. Urgh.

I walked my stupid Grimer 99.5 KM in total and finally got Muk. Was that difficult for anyone else? He spawned once and I hatched one and had to walk him the rest of the way. SO GLAD THAT'S OVER.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 04, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »
I walked my stupid Grimer 99.5 KM in total and finally got Muk. Was that difficult for anyone else? He spawned once and I hatched one and had to walk him the rest of the way. SO GLAD THAT'S OVER.

Muk is one of the Gen 1 Pokemon that I'm not even concerned with getting because I saw Grimer spawn once last summer, caught it, and it's all I have. I haven't seen one since and I really don't feel like having it as my buddy. Congrats though, that's a lot of hard work!

As per usual, the rest of my 5k eggs were crap. I kinda wish you could throw eggs away because I'm not even interested in hatching 5k eggs anymore. It just feels like such a waste.

Speaking of eggs, I have to wonder why the Gen 2 starters aren't in any eggs. Isn't it bad enough that they didn't let us "pick" a starter like they did with Gen 1?
Instagram / Want List

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »
On my 7th day spin on Sunday, I got a King's Rock, and then not even an hour later I spun and got a second metal coat! So now I have both Steelix and Scizor. I figured I'd go for Slowking before Politoed, but then I realized I've always carelessly transferred away my extra Slowpokes and this one is kind of a bad IV so I'm waiting for a better one. Urgh.

That's a lot of walking.

I don't even have a grimer yet. I've seen him come up on radar once. But was never able to find it to catch.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 04, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »
I have a Grimer. CP17, LOL :D I can't remember if he hatched from an egg or I caught him somewhere (I believe it is the latter, that CP seems too low for a hatchling at my level).

Oh GOSH! Thank you for mentioning this walking system - I just realised I was living under a rock for months :cloud:
I was about to ask if this walking with a Muk you have mentioned is something special, but some Googling led me to find the info that (since autumn last year, apparently :blush: ) you can assign a buddy - I totally missed this, and have only learned about it now (that's both funny and slightly disturbing) :P Had I known this, I have already evolved several Pokémon at an earlier stage that are missing only a few candies but I no longer come across any of them... With this fresh info in mind, I have just assigned a Wartortle with 95 candies as my buddy - hoping to evolve my first Blastoise soon (I kept 2 Wartortles just because of this) :) That would make me pretty happy, as the only occasion I have ever seen one I even got a chance to catch it, but it ran away.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 04, 2017, 07:17:34 PM »
Aww, lol, glad you found out about it now! And interesting to hear Grimer was difficult for you guys too.

I chose Porygon as my buddy next, only 2 candies away from his evolution, but then I realized you need an evolution item for it. Oh well. He'll be ready when I get it. >_<

Now finally Omastar is the last one I need other than Lapras and the regional exclusives out of gen 1.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 04, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »
I caught a Wobbuffet the other day and I'm really not familiar with that Pokémon except for it's role in the anime (popping out of its Pokeball and annoying Team Rocket). It has a surprising amount of HP, somewhere around 240 HP, and it has Counter and Mirror Coat. And lipstick  :lol: . . . Today I stuck it in a gym partly to break up the usual Dragonite, Vaporeon, Rhydon lineup.

Then just after that I caught a second Wobbuffet, thinking it would be just as useful. This time it was the lowest CP possible and so had almost no HP (34) and had Splash as its fast move (so an attack that does nothing, ha ha.) Can someone who knows about Pokémon explain this creature to me? What is it supposed to do, especially if you get one that has Splash?

During this one week I finally had a chance to evolve a few of my water Pokémon (Staryu, Slowpoke, Psyduck, Wooper and Omanyte), and also found new Pokémon (Remoraid, Octillery and Mantine), including Totodile and Lapras! The latter was an especially happy find - on Thursday morning I woke up and got ready to go to the Post Office to pick up a package before work. Not counting timezone differences I thought the event is already over (it was the morning of the 30th here already), so I only turned the game on after I left the PO and was on the way to the tram that takes me to work. The water Pokémon were still abundant (it was about 10 minutes to 9 AM here), and upon approaching the tram stop I noticed a familiar shadow in the nearby - a Lapras! Realising that this might be the only chance I ever see a Lapras, for the very first time in my gameplay I decided to go into a completely different direction compared to where I should be going, and track the Pokémon down. Fearing that 9 AM will be when the event is over, I ran, LOL :D In the end I did get to Lapras in time, and managed to catch it before the clock hit 9 - when, as I expected, all the water Pokémon disappeared :( It was a very fun and memorable ending to the event for me :)
Big congrats on your Lapras! ^.^ And yeah -- there's this "after-event letdown" when it seems like all the exciting special Pokémon turn back into Noctowls and Spinaraks. In fact, it seems like there's more common Pokémon around now than usual. (I think that's just my mind playing tricks on me.)

That's dedication! I wonder why they made Muk and Grimer so rare. I hatched a Grimer for the first time the other day. It was one of the only unusual 5k hatches I've had lately. (although I don't mind getting Vulpix and Ponyta when that happens)

I kinda wish you could throw eggs away because I'm not even interested in hatching 5k eggs anymore. It just feels like such a waste.

Speaking of eggs, I have to wonder why the Gen 2 starters aren't in any eggs. Isn't it bad enough that they didn't let us "pick" a starter like they did with Gen 1?
Yeah; I was just looking at the frequency of 5k eggs and a lot of basic Gen 1 Pokémon are the most common: Staryu, Eevee, Paras, Psyduck, Magnemite, Poliwag, Cubone, Drowzee. (those are fairly easy to get for me or I have enough of them (Cubone and Drowzee from Halloween, for instance), although I know different regions are different) Maybe Niantic will change it up . . . someday . . . and add Gen 2 starters. And Houndour and anyone else who's missing. I also think they should add Magikarp back in, since he's useful and in some biomes they don't have him at all or rarely.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:19 AM »
I've never even seen a Grimer....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 05, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
It's confirmed then: Grimer is super-duper rare. My husband has actually been walking with his Grimer for a while now. I think he caught it not too long after he started playing in December. He's just a handful of candies away from evolving it.

I got a Sun Stone for my 7th day spin streak today! Now I have Bellossom. She's so cute!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 05, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »
Today I looked at the sightings and saw a Hitmonlee at the Pokestop just ahead! I'd never even seen his shadow before. I caught him and now have a new entry in my Pokedex. That was unexpected! That stroke of good luck was made up for by the fact that my drive home from work was made an hour longer than normal because one of the bridges was blocked by a traffic accident.  ^^;

I got a Sun Stone for my 7th day spin streak today! Now I have Bellossom. She's so cute!
Ooh! :heart: I got a third Metal Coat, heh. At least I don't have to ponder whether I should evolve Scyther or Onix.

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1194 on: April 05, 2017, 11:52:34 PM »
I haven´t had much time to play lately but I always try to make one spin and catch one pokemon each day to get my daily streak. Yesterday I almost forgot but saw a Sentret that I caught, Turned out to be my 4th Ditto! :D

I wonder if it is still possible to get the shiny Magikarp? It doesn't say on Niantic webpage that it's a time-limited pokemon :)

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 06, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »
Ooh! :heart: I got a third Metal Coat, heh. At least I don't have to ponder whether I should evolve Scyther or Onix.

Haha! I'm not the only one with 3 Metal Coats! I have Scyther as my buddy now and Onix will likely be next.

I wonder if it is still possible to get the shiny Magikarp? It doesn't say on Niantic webpage that it's a time-limited pokemon :)

You can still get a shiny Magikarp. It seems that this was their way of introducing shinies into the game.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 10, 2017, 12:12:24 AM »
It seems that evolution items are way more common than they were outside of 7th day spins. I've gotten a few not on my 7th day spins. Just repeats though. 4th Metal Coat, 3rd Kings Rock, second Dragon Scale. Need Upgrade or Sun Stone, haven't gotten those at all yet.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 10, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »
If I could get something besides Dragon Scales that would be great  >_<

On the upside I'm finally on my way to Charizard - 6 more candies to go!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:30 AM »
You know what would be awesome? Trading.

:pout:

I would happily trade away these extra evolutionary items I have, because I know I'll probably never get to use this Upgrade and I definitely don't need more than 2 Metal Coats. My husband has an extra Dragon Scale that I'd love to have and he'd like my Upgrade. Getting a guaranteed evo item on our 7th day spin streak is nice, but it won't take long before these items are just taking up bag space. I don't really want to complain about that because, again, it's nice that they did it, it's just going to be a minor problem in the long run.

I'm a little upset that I was in Pittsburgh for the whole weekend and didn't catch anything good. Not even a Magikarp! :( The only thing I got was a Geodude, that helped me finally get Golem. Oh, and I did hatch a Cleffa. So ignoring the other 6 eggs I had that were useless commons, at least I got something new out of all that walking.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 11, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
You know what would be awesome? Trading.
Definitely agree with you there!

So . . . I saw a Lapras on my sightings before work yesterday and drove to the park. Would I be late for work? Possibly. But I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste! As you guys know, I haven't seen any Lapras in the wild apart from during the water event (when I saw just one after about five days of searching). But -- my heart sank -- I got to the park and the car gate was closed. What should I do? I did what had to be done. I left my car in front of the gate and ran from the gate to the waterside where Lapras was waiting! I took a horrible hurried picture (it looks like Krabby's poking through Lapras, lol) and caught it! Now I have a boy Lapras to go with my girl Lapras. I think I've used all my Lapras luck. I've gotta say, I'm sure I looked like an idiot to the people in the Marine Corps building next door, loping across the fields in my work clothes. :lol: The things I do for this game!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal