collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89451 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1155 on: March 26, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
I definitely get a lot of the 'you still play that, that was dead a long time ago.' So you're saying you just went along with the trend and don't actually like the games, got it. :P Well I do like them!

Today was my 7th day spin and I got Kingdra out of it. :) And enough Totodile for his final evolution today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 26, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
I caught a glimpse of an Omanyte today!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 26, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »

:shocked: The sad thing is we didn't catch it . . . my sister noticed that Lapras was on the sightings and we wandered around until we realized that it had to be in the backyard of one of the huge houses on the water. We were right by a small harbor, so reports that say Lapras spawn there are probably correct. Strangely I'm not that upset about not actually finding it; I feel like at least I know it's possible for them to spawn here now, at least for this event, and I didn't come face-to-face with it and have it flee after wasting all my Ultraballs and razzberries on it :P Strange, I know. I expected to feel more disappointed.

In other news, we found a Vaporeon in our neighborhood, which was unexpected and pretty cool to see. I had almost forgotten that counts as a water Pokémon since they never really spawn. Didn't a Vaporeon cause a stampede in Central Park when the game first came out? Ah, nostalgia.

Other than no Totodile sightings, I'm still happy with the event. I got Octillery and Lanturn, which I didn't have before, so that's cool.
I love Lanturn! Not only is she cute, but she's a durable prestiger against Vaporeons, with the right moveset. I haven't found a use for Octillery yet, but he's an octopus, so neat. How on earth does he come from a Remoraid? XD

I managed to knock Mantine, Quilfish, Lanturn and Octillery off my list with this event, although I haven't seen a darn Lapras or a Totodile at all. 
I have a theory that Niantic decided to put Totodile in poison/marsh biomes, rather than water biomes . . . Not sure what to call them; I just know that I'm in that one when I'm not in the grass or water biome areas where I live. Lots of bugs, poison Pokémon like Ekans, water Pokemon, etc. Maybe they were thinking "where do alligators really live" and thought of Florida and other southern areas. That's my best theory, anyway. It stinks that they aren't making Totodiles spawn in every biome, though, when they specifically said they were part of the event.

Today was my 7th day spin and I got Kingdra out of it. :) And enough Totodile for his final evolution today.
I got a Dragon Scale, too! :lol: I'm excited but I hadn't been saving Horsea candies (because they're a pain to hit, being so small) and have to wait to evolve.

I caught a glimpse of an Omanyte today!
Cool! I love how they didn't forget that Omanyte is a water Pokémon and increased his spawns.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 27, 2017, 05:00:46 AM »
That's awesome, ponycake!

I caught an Omanyte last night. The last time I caught/saw an Omanyte was during the cruise I was on last October!

@Haruna: Lanturn is so adorable, I've always loved it and Chinchou!

I just thought of something. Mantine should totally have a Remoraid under one of its wings! It isn't important or anything, but it would've been funny.
Instagram / Want List

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #1159 on: March 27, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »
I also finally got my first evolution item a day before my 7 day streak - a Sun stone - only to get another Sun stone on my 7-day streak :/  I don't have Sunkern yet so I can't use it, but at least I have it to save for when I do.

Don't forget that Gloom also uses a Sun Stone to evolve into Bellossom. :)

Thanks :)  That's what I used the first Sun Stone for.  Bellossom is so cute!

Got my Gyrardos this morning!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1160 on: March 27, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
Everyone's been so busy!

I saw a red Gyarados at a gym yesterday. I've yet to see or catch a shiny Magikarp though.

I finally evolved a Blastoise, he's really small, but I don't mind ^.^ He's the first starter Pokemon I've evolved to the final evolution :)

Love pkw xxx

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 27, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
I caught a wild Octillery this morning! Which is good because I doubt I'm going to get enough Remoraid before the event is over.

Omanyte has been spawning like crazy around out post office. I already had an Omastar before the event thanks to hatching a couple Omanyte from eggs. But I've caught enough wild Omanyte from this event to evolve a second (and stronger) Omastar!

I'm up to 255 Magikarp candies now! I still need a ton of Poliwag candies for a Poliwrath and a Politoad.

I have enough Squirtle candies to evolve my Wartortle, but I don't want to. I currently have 109 candies. My strongest Wartortle is CP381. But my strongest Squirtle is CP452! I'm hoping I can get enough candies to evolve that squirtle into a Blastoise before the event is over.

Still no Lapras or Totidile yet.....

sailorstitch

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 27, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
I'm convinced they forgot to add Totodile to this event outside of places where it already spawned frequently. Never mind the fact that it's featured on the banner they used in the announcement...

That said, there was a Totodile near us whenever we went walking today. So my husband finally has one and I have my second. Don't think we'll see another before the event ends, sadly.

I did catch something new today, though! A Yanma! It was weird having a shadow on the radar again. I forgot that it doesn't evolve until Gen 4, though. Man, Gen 2 really was just Gen 4: Part 1, wasn't it? :lol:

Is anyone else having an issue in the game where all the Pokémon on the map and radar disappear, even if you're just standing still? It happens to me so frequently now that the game is almost unplayable while I'm walking. It won't let me spin stops either when it does that. And it isn't the same thing as the "are you a passenger?" crap because I don't even get that notification and my avatar is usually standing still or moving slowly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:02:03 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 27, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »
I can't believe you guys aren't getting Totodile spawning like crazy. It's not even exciting for me anymore. No Lapras for me though. I haven't seen any Omanyte either. I really thought I'd get lucky and get a Lapras. Boo.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 27, 2017, 08:59:35 PM »
Guys! Do you see who I see?

I'm so happy I had to share it with you guys. I almost didn't go to the park where I found her; I was going to head to a good waterside Pokestop instead. But I went here and saw a Lapras on the radar! I need to hug whoever put the lures up. If this helps anyone, this Lapras was by a pier/boat ramp, while the shadow I saw the other day was apparently by a small marina. I'm not sure there's a lot of rhyme and reason to Lapras spawns during this event, but those places seem like good places to find them (although I went to a lot before today!) Thanks for putting up with my brag -- I am super, super happy to find this Pokémon that I love so much.

I saw a red Gyarados at a gym yesterday. I've yet to see or catch a shiny Magikarp though.

I finally evolved a Blastoise, he's really small, but I don't mind ^.^ He's the first starter Pokemon I've evolved to the final evolution :)
Oh, cool! I'd like to see a red Gyrados in a gym. Yay for your Blastoise! I love the original starters and their evolutions.

Omanyte has been spawning like crazy around out post office. I already had an Omastar before the event thanks to hatching a couple Omanyte from eggs. But I've caught enough wild Omanyte from this event to evolve a second (and stronger) Omastar!
I wonder why the post office? :lol: Great that you can get another Omastar! That's hard to do.

I'm convinced they forgot to add Totodile to this event outside of places where it already spawned frequently. Never mind the fact that it's featured on the banner they used in the announcement...
Niantic dropped the ball there . . .

Is anyone else having an issue in the game where all the Pokémon on the map and radar disappear, even if you're just standing still? It happens to me so frequently now that the game is almost unplayable while I'm walking. It won't let me spin stops either when it does that. And it isn't the same thing as the "are you a passenger?" crap because I don't even get that notification and my avatar is usually standing still or moving slowly.
Yeah, I get it pretty frequently; the sightings go totally blank and the Pokémon that I know are around me disappear. Sometimes lately my avatar's face hasn't been in the little circle and once or twice now there's been an error when I catch a Pokémon; thankfully when I started the game back up the said Pokémon counted as caught. (I have an iPhone 5s, by the way.) I hope these little bugs get fixed soon; I worry that they'll accumulate.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 27, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
OOooo! Congrats!! I guess I'll try another park than my usual one before the event ends!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 27, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
Congrats Haruna! Welcome to the Lapras club! ^.^

Okay, I'm glad it isn't just me. Well I guess glad isn't the right word...I guess relieved that it isn't just a problem on my end. I have a Galaxy S5, so it seems to be a bug across all platforms. I checked Reddit and lots of people are having the same issue. I really hope they fix it!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1167 on: March 27, 2017, 11:03:43 PM »
Oh my karp! I got a Golden Magikarp this morning! <3 I hope to get another one because I really want to evolve one into the red gyarados and this keep one shiny karp! <3
#greedy
I haven't found a single Totodile in all my search but I did get a Croconaw a couple of days ago.

Haruna- Congrats on the Lapra! :D

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 28, 2017, 08:32:40 AM »
Congrats on the shiny Magikarp, Annie!

I went out of my way this morning while driving to get a Houndour! Houndoom is a favorite of mine, so I'm excited! That's two days in a row having an actual shadow on my radar- crazy!

That totally made up for four of my 5K eggs in a row that hatched yesterday being common (to me) Gen 1 Pokemon. So disappointing.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 28, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »
I found the elusive Totodile on the way to work this morning. He was right outside a tunnel, so I tried but lost connection before I could catch him  :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal