collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89536 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #900 on: December 28, 2016, 08:29:46 PM »
The Christmas/New Year event is legit.

One free 1-time-use incubator a day from December 25th until January 3rd at Pokestops.
Increased chance of running into the 3 starters and their evolutions.
Lures will last an hour instead of 30 minutes.
Santa Pikachu/Raichu will be sticking around longer.

I totally agree! Most of what I want now, since I'm not planning on completing my Pokedex, is either hatched from an egg (I doubt I'll ever find Lapras or Chansey in the wild, and of course not the Gen 2 babies yet) or something from the starters (Charizard and Blastoise, specifically).

Finally ran into a Santa Chu... But it was too high of a level and escaped.  :pout: Happy birthday to me!
I'm sorry! :( I hope you catch one soon!

I'm having no luck in finding babies in eggs either but I did get my second Snorlax from a 10 km egg and I evolved a SantaShu to a SantaRaichu :D
Ooh, a Snorlax! :D Congrats!

I spent much of my Christmas in a rural area of Tennessee. There is truly nothing out there! No gyms, Pokestops, etc. I don't see how rural players do it. Thankfully my aunt's farmhouse was a spawn point, so every half hour or so you could open the app and find an Eevee or a Caterpie or an Oddish or something common. 

On the tail end of our trip we went to see my other aunt, who lives in Alabama. There were Tauros, yay. I know that's probably an everyday thing for most of you, but they don't spawn where I live in south Florida (Niantic doesn't count it as North America O_o ). But my favorite "catch" from this trip is the Cleffa I hatched just this morning as we were driving back home. I wanted her particularly and she's so darn cute! My sister hasn't hatched any babies yet, so I'm really hoping she'll get some soon. The egg-hatching thing is cool but it can be so disappointing to want a baby and get yet another Paras or Goldeen :/

My two favorite silly Pokestop pictures from this trip :biggrin::

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
Haruna, that Buffalo Wild Wings stop!! NOOOOO!! :lmao:

I got some daily incubators, and I've hatched absolute garbage, but it's still an improvement from before! Got a couple Santachus (and used all of my previously saved Pikachu candy to evolve a Santa-Raichu, woo hoo! First Raichu ever!), but still haven't seen any of the first three starters - ever! :O I hope I see some, I still need a bunch of those for evolutions!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 29, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
That Buffalo Wild Wings one is the best. :lol:

I hatched 5 eggs yesterday and got 3 Magikarp which puts me at 320 candies towards a Gyrados! My husband and I walked over to CVS since it isn't far from our house and caught a few Santa Pikachu on the way, so I have Santa Raichu now!

I think someone said that the starters will start showing up more frequently on New Year's day and the following days? I'm no sure how true that is, but it may be worth keeping in mind.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #903 on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:28 PM »
Haruna - Great pictures! Love the Taurus one, haha! XD

I wish Niantic would do an event where exclusive Pokemons like Taurus, Mr.mime, Farfetched and Kangaroo would migrate to other parts of the world. I really want a want them all (except for that darn Mr.Mime- He's everywhere!)

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2016, 06:14:02 AM »
Question: What's the highest-level opposing gym you've ever attacked?

I haven't been brave enough/non-lazy enough/revive-supplied enough to attempt attacking anything higher than a level 4 gym on my own. Someday I want to put aside the time and revives to attack a level 8 or so -- something challenging for me. Sometimes it can be a little off-putting and boring just knowing that you'll be facing the same Pokémon over and over again, though. Usually gyms around here are something like Gyrados, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Exeggutor, Lapras, Snorlax, Dragonite, Dragonite. :P It's a little more exciting when someone's put something interesting into a gym. I'm just as guilty, though; I typically leave my Vaporeons in gyms, though I try to put in something interesting if I can afford the likely quick loss of the gym.   

Haruna, that Buffalo Wild Wings stop!! NOOOOO!! :lmao:
:biggrin:

I hatched 5 eggs yesterday and got 3 Magikarp which puts me at 320 candies towards a Gyrados!
Awesome! You probably got some Magikarps with good IVs, then, too!

I wish Niantic would do an event where exclusive Pokemons like Taurus, Mr.mime, Farfetched and Kangaroo would migrate to other parts of the world. I really want a want them all (except for that darn Mr.Mime- He's everywhere!)
Yeah, I want a Farfetch'd! Does anyone here have him? I don't particularly like Mr. Mime, although I have some childhood nostalgia for him from the TV show (Mimey XD) If they were everywhere here I might get freaked out, as I don't like clowns, heh. 

The starters should be showing up soon! Niantic always confuses me with event start times, but at some point within the next 12 hours I'm hoping to see them start to appear! I am extremely proud of a perfect IV Charmander I found -- the only perfect Pokémon I've ever found -- and I hope to find enough Charmanders to evolve him into my first Charizard!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
Highest level gym I attacked on my own? A level 7 gym. Spent my entire lunch break doing it because the building beside where I work is a gym and I had revives to waste. :lol:

Yup, starters should be showing up soon according to the notification I just got from the app! I hope I have an easy time finding/catching them, because I'm pretty close to having enough candies to get all 3 of their final evolutions!

My husband is already level 16 or something like that, and he just started playing this past weekend. He only went to work yesterday and today and already caught lots of cool stuff. He's so lucky he works in the city. :pout:
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 30, 2016, 01:15:19 PM »
The starters are live! I like the new loading screen too.

Anyone hatch any babies from the event so far? I've hatched one Igglybuff and one Smoochum (though, I wouldn't say that one counts because I got the egg before the event) so far. They don't really seem that much more common though, most of the eggs I've picked up were all the same old Pokemon I normally hatch. Don't know if that is happening for everyone else or I'm just super unlucky.

About 21km away from Kabutops now. Then I can focus on getting my last Doduo candies. Still no sign of Licky, my coworker had two spawn by his home (and daily Aerodactyls), I'm so jealous.

Uh, highest gym I tried to knock out? I think somewhere between 6-8? I didn't succeed though, they were Pokemon in their high 2000s-3000s, and I didn't have a Pokemon over 2000 at that point. I was bored at a restaurant which is why I even bothered. I don't battle in gyms at all anymore, not enough room in my bag for a healthy supply of Pokeballs and potions...

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #907 on: December 30, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
I hatched a Porygon! o.O No baby pokemon yet, but wow! I didn't see that one coming!

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 30, 2016, 06:14:51 PM »
I haven't hatched any baby pokemon yet. But, today I caught a Charizard!

I wished stops would give out more revives. It used to be I'd throw away revives because I'd have too many. Now I can't battle in gyms because I'm still waiting to get enough revives to restore my best fighters.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:55 PM »
Highest level gym I attacked on my own? A level 7 gym. Spent my entire lunch break doing it because the building beside where I work is a gym and I had revives to waste. :lol:
Wow, awesome! I wish revives were more common now. I should probably start saving them up in preparation for my battle-a-powerful-gym day. Come to think of it, I've heard that if you power up a fainted Pokémon it revives them. I might do that, since some of my attackers are worth stardust and are currently fainted, poor things (fire and electric types, low HP is a bummer!). I hope that actually works.

The starters are live! I like the new loading screen too.

Anyone hatch any babies from the event so far? I've hatched one Igglybuff and one Smoochum (though, I wouldn't say that one counts because I got the egg before the event) so far. They don't really seem that much more common though, most of the eggs I've picked up were all the same old Pokemon I normally hatch. Don't know if that is happening for everyone else or I'm just super unlucky.

About 21km away from Kabutops now. Then I can focus on getting my last Doduo candies. Still no sign of Licky, my coworker had two spawn by his home (and daily Aerodactyls), I'm so jealous.

Uh, highest gym I tried to knock out? I think somewhere between 6-8? I didn't succeed though, they were Pokemon in their high 2000s-3000s, and I didn't have a Pokemon over 2000 at that point. I was bored at a restaurant which is why I even bothered. I don't battle in gyms at all anymore, not enough room in my bag for a healthy supply of Pokeballs and potions...
The new loading screen is so cute! My sister and I wandered far and wide catching starters after she got off of work, and I actually could evolve a Blastoise now but will probably hold off until she can since Squirtle's her favorite. (I had Squirtle candy from before, didn't catch all that tonight!) Also caught a good amount of Charmanders and I'm about 30 candies away from a Charizard! (only had caught about 20 Charmanders before this, aside from my starter, and have been walking him a long time; it will be so exciting to finally get a Charizard!)

I feel guilty because I've somehow hatched a lot of baby Pokémon so far. I've been so surprised. So I have two Igglybuffs, Cleffa, Smoochum, Pichu, and as of today, Magby. My first Igglybuff and Smoochum were from before the event and the rest came after. My sister, on the other hand, only hatched her first baby yesterday, a Cleffa. She keeps getting the common usual hatches otherwise. :huh: It really is the luck of the draw, of course, but I wish the RNG would give her a break ^^; She saw me hatch Magby but I haven't had the heart to tell her I hatched another Igglybuff yesterday. This is why we need trading . . .

I hatched a Porygon! o.O No baby pokemon yet, but wow! I didn't see that one coming!
That's so cool! I don't have a Porygon but would love one.

I wished stops would give out more revives. It used to be I'd throw away revives because I'd have too many. Now I can't battle in gyms because I'm still waiting to get enough revives to restore my best fighters.
Awesome, congrats! I hope I see a Charizard in the wild during this event. I plan on evolving my own, but I just think it would be cool to run into one, too. My sister saw a Charmeleon tonight, at least, which we've evolved ourselves but never seen in the wild. And I hear you on the revives!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:16:36 PM by Haruna »

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 30, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
Ah, I haven't been on the Arena lately!  :blush:

I hatched a Goldeen, Shellder, Voltorb and a Cleffa yesterday, along with a few Charizards and a Santa Pika that were found in the wild!

I wonder if we'll get to see the rest of the Eevee evolutions...? Better start saving up all my candy!

Oh and don't forget about the other event that is released right after this one!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2016, 10:10:31 PM »
Ah, I haven't been on the Arena lately!  :blush:

I hatched a Goldeen, Shellder, Voltorb and a Cleffa yesterday, along with a few Charizards and a Santa Pika that were found in the wild!

I wonder if we'll get to see the rest of the Eevee evolutions...? Better start saving up all my candy!

Oh and don't forget about the other event that is released right after this one!
I hope we see the G2 Eeveelutions, I have a perfect IV Eevee I'd like to evolve to one of the two
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #912 on: December 31, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
Hatched 10 eggs today and the only baby I got was a Cleffa which I already had.
Oh, well, I caught a lot of starter pokemons at least and I got a Pikachu fan medal for catching 50 Pikachus! :D

Question: What's the highest-level opposing gym you've ever attacked?

I don't even play at the gyms, haha! I still need to learn how it's done. Besides, I need all my space to save up balls XD

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 31, 2016, 11:32:01 AM »
Wow, awesome! I wish revives were more common now. I should probably start saving them up in preparation for my battle-a-powerful-gym day. Come to think of it, I've heard that if you power up a fainted Pokémon it revives them. I might do that, since some of my attackers are worth stardust and are currently fainted, poor things (fire and electric types, low HP is a bummer!). I hope that actually works.
*snip*

Awesome, congrats! I hope I see a Charizard in the wild during this event. I plan on evolving my own, but I just think it would be cool to run into one, too. My sister saw a Charmeleon tonight, at least, which we've evolved ourselves but never seen in the wild. And I hear you on the revives!!

Thanks!  And I just tried the reviving by powering up thing you were writing about. It works! I was able to revive my Gengar. I'd never heard of that so thanks for posting about it!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #914 on: January 01, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
I missed most of the event due to not wanting to go into town the past few days XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal