collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89517 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #780 on: November 10, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
I just hatched a Chansey!  :cry: I wrote it off as a Pokemon I'll just never find (along with Licki), and I was so pessimistic about this 10k egg, but I'm so happy it's out of the way. Bad news is, now I'll feel the need to find Lickitung because I can't be missing JUST one.

Otherwise, everything feels so hit and miss. Yesterday, I took an hour walk, and found two Vulpix, two Machop, Omanyte, and saw, but couldn't find two Abra, another Machop, and a Bulba. Today, same route, I didn't see ANYTHING I needed, the only notable nearby find was one Exeggcute. It really is up to luck right now.

But, I'm really so close that I can't bring myself to quit, so I think I'm just going to be a very frustrated person playing this game for a little while longer. My updated list.

Spoiler
Ivysaur/Venusaur 90/150
Charmeleon/Charizard 97/150
Arbok 44/50
Raichu 41/50
Ninetales 49/50 (the torment)
Dugtrio 41/50
Alakazam 80/100 (I lucked out and found a second Kadabra, so that shortened my list)
Machoke/Machamp 77/150
Dodrio 24/50
Omastar 43/50
Kabutops 34/50
Dragonite 100/125
Lickitung

@archidraca- Are Jynx rare for you? The two/three times I hatched a Jynx were met with a long groan. Hah. Congrats though.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
Congrats, aluke! I'm pretty sure I'll never get Chansey, Lapras, Scyther, Porygon, Aerodactyl, or Omanyte/Omastar, so I've come to terms with that. Oh well.

Kinda sad that the event is over/ending. I didn't have much time this week to go out walking, especially since I leave work at 5 and it's dark by 5:30. They really should've let this run through the weekend and end on Monday.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
Congrats, aluke! I'm pretty sure I'll never get Chansey, Lapras, Scyther, Porygon, Aerodactyl, or Omanyte/Omastar, so I've come to terms with that. Oh well.

Kinda sad that the event is over/ending. I didn't have much time this week to go out walking, especially since I leave work at 5 and it's dark by 5:30. They really should've let this run through the weekend and end on Monday.

Aerodactyl and Lapras spawn Downtown sometimes ;)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »
Congratulations, Aluke! Yes, Jynx seems to be on the rather rare side here. I have never seen one in the wild and only recently started seeing wild Vulpix and Omanyte. But only in about a 50 sq meter area of one park out of all the places in and around town I check (N,S, or far W. I don't really go E...) but maybe I'll get lucky like for the TWO Chancey eggs I hatched or the Kabuto youngest did. :)
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
I'm totally obsessed with this game and I play daily! <3
I don't really fight at the gyms but I do love collecting them (triggers my collecting-gene, haha)
Currently I have 126 pokemon with a few more to evolve once I find "evolve-worthy" pokemon :D
I actually live in a Mr.Mime nest. I hope Niantic will launch a trade system because these clowns are absolutely stalking me and I'd love to trade them for other pokemon that I just can't seem to find around here.

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »
@Rainbowrific Renia- Thank you. I thought there was no chance either, but I hatched one and a Diglett so I know it;s possible for you too! Though, if trading ever gets rolled out and you would like, I would be happy to give you a spare Porygon and Omanyte, and any other doubles I might come across that you need.  :)

I'm sorry you didn't get to take advantage of the event. I know how you feel since I didn't get to take advantage of the Halloween event as much as I would have liked due to work. Hopefully they throw in some more useful events soon.

@archidraca- Thanks. You hatched TWO?! Insane, I think you're more than lucky enough to get Vulpix and Omanyte. I'd also be able to trade you some when trading is live if you like. It's crazy how one person's treasure is another person's common. I see Jynx too much and I hate it. :lol: It's not like I can catch extras to evolve so they are literally useless.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
I would be ecstatic to trade pokemon, aluke! I only have one Chancey now (youngest decided to clean out mommy's "extras" one fell night last month and I have only the one now). I just hatched a Hitmonlee to compliment the Hitmonchan I lucked up on earlier. And this last couple of events gave me just enough candies to evolve a Gyrados! :heart: :fish: :heart: I shall likely never get another and am currently getting dust so I can power this puppy up.  :biggrin:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »
I had the poke-battle of my life yesterday when a Wild Dragonite appeared! He was sooo hard to catch and I was sure he was gonna slip away at any moment but I got him after a 10 minute battle! Yaay!

Aluke- I just love the feeling when you don't expect much from an egg and you get a positive surprised by a new exciting pokemon for the collection :D

Archadia- Wow, you got two Chansey? That's lucky! I've never seen a wild one so I'm hoping that someday an egg will provide luck for me :)
And congratulations on the Gyarados! Magikarps are pretty rare around my parts, which I strange since I live near water. I'm slowly closing in to get enough candy though.

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 13, 2016, 11:01:17 PM »
@archidraca- Of course! Just hit me up when trading is a thing. I don't know how far away it will be though, I hear that the Gen 2 mons are programmed in or something like that? I feel that will hit us before PvP battles and trading.

Oh no!!! I'm sorry you lost your second Chansey, that must be rough. I made the mistake of transferring my second Tangela, I got so annoyed when I hatched another one and was running out of space. I didn't realize they were rare or I would have saved it to share later. Congrats on getting both of the Hitmons! I was the opposite, caught a Lee in the wild and hatched a Chan a little while later. Also HUUUUGE CONGRATS on evolving Gyarados! It's so rewarding to grind up all those candies, yeah? Does yours have a good moveset (mine has twister  :lookround:)?

@Annie- Ahh! Congrats! I feel like I would have given up at that point. 10 minutes and it wouldn't run away? So lucky! When I found Dragonair, it ran away in about 30 seconds! A Dragonite is a much better find though, so I'm so happy for you that you caught it.

Yes, exactly! Always such fun to unexpectedly get a good hatch. Hope you hatch a Chansey one day.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 15, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
So the daily bonuses for catching Pokemon and going to Pokestops is pretty nice.

Now if only they'd make those medals we get mean something... Not the Pokemon type ones, since they've already did something with those.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 15, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »
So I found a Pokémon paradise . . . not sure what it's like for you guys, but I'd never seen a park with so many Pokestops. It's also apparently an Onix nest, which was cool because I didn't have an Onix yet.

Also, I'm happy to say that I now have enough Growlithe candy to evolve my first Arcanine!!! I've been walking with Growlithe a long time and catching a few; they're not very common here. I'm waiting to do it. I really hope he gets a good moveset. It'll be disappointing if he doesn't! :blush:

I had the poke-battle of my life yesterday when a Wild Dragonite appeared! He was sooo hard to catch and I was sure he was gonna slip away at any moment but I got him after a 10 minute battle! Yaay!
Awesome!! That must have been so nervewracking. Great going!

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 15, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
I currently have a 10km egg that will open in less then a km so I'm hoping for something new and exciting today :) A Snorlax or a Chansey would be awesome *fingers crossed*

Dragonite was by far the hardest Pokemon I ever caught. I wasted almost all my ultraballs and half of them didn't even hit since he was so far away. So yeah, I'm really glad I got him!

Haruna- Woha! What a nice park! One could spend a lot of time there :) Congratulation on your Arcanine :)

I'm really looking forwards the new gen of pokemon. I was reading this just now and there´s so many new awesome Pokemon to add to the collection:
https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/generation-2-release/

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 16, 2016, 08:51:22 AM »
I really hope that the release of Gen 2 soon is true, because I don't really have much of a reason to play right now. I mostly missing Pokemon that tend to hatch from 10K eggs, or only show up in really populated areas so... I've kinda given up on completing the dex. Gen 2 is my favorite generation though, so that would get me excited about the game again.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 16, 2016, 10:45:02 AM »
Congrats Haruna! As someone who also desperately wanted Arcanine (evolved mine a few days ago) I'm so happy for you! Based on your buddy, you're going for Ninetales next? That looks like a great park to play too. Besides the Onix, is there a lot of diverse Pokemon?

Im personally hoping gen2 doesn't pop up until after I complete the dex. I don't want to get sucked into sticking around for 100 more. Especially when Gen 2 has Blissey, Porygon2, Hitmontop (Tyrogue would probably have finicky evolution like Eevee), etc. Too many already rare pokemon having a new evolution is too much for me. ^^;

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 16, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
Congratulations to everyone that's been finding pokemon they've been wanting.

I wouldn't give up on finding them yet. Just in the last week I've found Lapras and Electrobuzz. Two pokemon I thought I'd never get. Lapras popped up randomly when I was at Target and Electobuzz took my friend and I a good 15-20 minutes of wandering around Cleveland to find. But we finally caught it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal