collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89550 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #720 on: October 26, 2016, 12:52:14 PM »
There are Cubone everywhere! I also caught two Marowak!

This event is really great. Doesn't really make up for all the crap Niantic has been pulling otherwise, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Wouldn't a Christmas event be awesome?
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:32 PM »
I'm hoping I'll be able to use the event to get a few more slots in my Pokedex filled by walking buddies.

Also - has anyone else noticed this? Since the last update Pokemon Go suddenly adjusts the volume of my music. It's been a huge pain. It's inaudible at a normal volume. so I generally end up having to turn it up, but if I say get an email/text, or close the app my ears get blasted. I also can't do sound effects like this because they are way too loud, and for some reason it doesn't want to vibrate when I run into things anymore.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »
I am in Cubone heaven right now <3

Cubones are a part of this event? I must play, then! I still don't have one, and they're my favorite. =(

Starting today for me they're showing up like freaking Weedles. It's wonderful.
There are Cubone everywhere! I also caught two Marowak!

This event is really great. Doesn't really make up for all the crap Niantic has been pulling otherwise, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Wouldn't a Christmas event be awesome?

Not faiiiirr.  :cry:

All I see so far are Ghastly's.

|My Collection|

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
I just read about that on the Pokemon Go subreddit. I haven't tried listening to music while playing the game yet (I left my headphones at home, nooooo!) but it seems to be a common problem now.

I wonder if the event caused a glitch in the sound/vibrating parts of the game.

Gastly actually seems to be the most common thing I've run into today, so that doesn't surprise me. I hope you find Cubone soon, Harmonie!
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 26, 2016, 01:23:37 PM »

I was thinking about this, but the only Christmas-y Pokemon from gen 1 I can think of is Jynx...I would like more candy bonuses though.

I think my favourite part of the event, despite the advertising, is that Drowzee are RARE right now. I don't even care if all I see are Gastly line, Cubone and Meowth, there's barely any Drowzee! Really hoping to hatch some eggs I need, my 5KM was a Psyduck though, so I have a feeling I won't be too lucky.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 26, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »
When I got home from work today I spent at least 15 minutes wandering around my neighborhood. There was a Marowak on my radar, but I never found it. I did catch Haunter, 2 Meowth, 4 Gastly, 2 Cubone and hatched a Magikarp!

sailorstitch

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 26, 2016, 01:33:20 PM »
I was thinking about this, but the only Christmas-y Pokemon from gen 1 I can think of is Jynx...I would like more candy bonuses though.lucky.

Maybe just ice type Pokemon in general? Jynx, Dewgong, Lapras, Cloyster? Or, since this event is based around candy, the Christmas one could be like... Pokestops giving out items (or Christmas presents) like Lucky Eggs and Incense.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 26, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »

I was thinking about this, but the only Christmas-y Pokemon from gen 1 I can think of is Jynx...I would like more candy bonuses though.

I think my favourite part of the event, despite the advertising, is that Drowzee are RARE right now. I don't even care if all I see are Gastly line, Cubone and Meowth, there's barely any Drowzee! Really hoping to hatch some eggs I need, my 5KM was a Psyduck though, so I have a feeling I won't be too lucky.

The Drowzee here won't go away D: but all the Weedles, Caterpie and Spearow are gone.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »

Maybe just ice type Pokemon in general? Jynx, Dewgong, Lapras, Cloyster? Or, since this event is based around candy, the Christmas one could be like... Pokestops giving out items (or Christmas presents) like Lucky Eggs and Incense.

Right, ice types do make sense. Or maybe even things that are classified as gift Pokemon (starters/Pika/Eevee/fossils/Lapras), though that seems like a stretch. Pokestops giving special items would be a neat idea too.

The Drowzee here won't go away D: but all the Weedles, Caterpie and Spearow are gone.

Really? I figured they would have removed them everywhere they were abundant.  Spearows and Rattatas are around, but not super common like they were. I did find a Machop yesterday, and did notice a Charmander near by on the tracker (wish it was close enough where I could go for it) and other than a Pidgey and Krabby or two, I haven't seen anything else.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »
Gastly actually seems to be the most common thing I've run into today, so that doesn't surprise me. I hope you find Cubone soon, Harmonie!

I found a Cubone earlier today. Perhaps even shortly after you made that post! (Or before?) I'm so happy. Now my 'buddy' is my favorite Pokemon!

On the idea of a Christmas event, I'm not sure it would work. Delibird is the only Christmasy Pokemon that I can recall, and is in Gen 2, which we still don't have. *sigh*

Halloween is a much broader idea to pick from. Of course, Christmas is for me personally (I could say more, but I'll stop there. No debates necessary in a Pokemon topic.  :P ) a winter solstice celebration, so wintry Pokemon could work, but they're a rare thing. Throwing any Ice Pokemon into the mix just doesn't work very well for me. Winter Deerling and Sawsbuck I could understand.

The best thing they could give us for Christmas is more Pokemon!

|My Collection|

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 26, 2016, 07:27:01 PM »

Ohh, I like these ideas. I need a Lapras *grabby hands* And more eggs, incense, etc. would always be welcome. I'm sure they'll do something for Christmas. Someone mentioned Jynx, the only canon first gen Christmas Pokemon; maybe they'll do something similar to the Halloween event but deluge us with only Jynx :lol:

I found a Cubone earlier today. Perhaps even shortly after you made that post! (Or before?) I'm so happy. Now my 'buddy' is my favorite Pokemon!

Yay, Harmonie! It's so awesome when you finally get your favorite Pokémon ^.^
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:31:42 PM by Haruna »

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »

Ohh, I like these ideas. I need a Lapras *grabby hands* And more eggs, incense, etc. would always be welcome. I'm sure they'll do something for Christmas. Someone mentioned Jynx, the only canon first gen Christmas Pokemon; maybe they'll do something similar to the Halloween event but deluge us with only Jynx :lol:

Please no lol. I run into Jynx so often x.x Lapras though... I need one of those.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 27, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »
I got plenty of Jynx too. But Lapras is my favorite and I still don't have one. :(

sailorstitch

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 27, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »
Im kind of sad, since the event started, I've caught just 1 ghastly and a hypno, and some drowzees, but most of what Ive been catching are meowths and cubones...both were already pretty common here.

I'm really liking the buddy bonus candy, though, I've almost got enough to evolve my only Jigglypuff!  After its ready, I plan to switch my buddy to someone else i dont find very often, either my only dratini or my magicarp (water pokemon are kinda rare here)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 01, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
Is anybody else still getting double candies and stuff today?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal