collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89537 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2016, 08:12:33 AM »
I always keep an sure out on this thread to see if tracking was rolled out. :/ I'll play again heavily is it comes back. Until then *shrug*

That's understandable.

The newest update will have added bonuses for catching so many Pokemon of a certain type, as well as being able to take 6 Pokemon with you to battle a friendly gym as opposed to one (Thank God!). Those were the two biggest things with this update that I can remember.

Fingers crossed that the next update is tracking related.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
I always keep an sure out on this thread to see if tracking was rolled out. :/ I'll play again heavily is it comes back. Until then *shrug*

That's understandable.

The newest update will have added bonuses for catching so many Pokemon of a certain type, as well as being able to take 6 Pokemon with you to battle a friendly gym as opposed to one (Thank God!). Those were the two biggest things with this update that I can remember.

Fingers crossed that the next update is tracking related.

Battling a friendly gym with 6 pokemon is a freaking dream

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »
...as well as being able to take 6 Pokemon with you to battle a friendly gym as opposed to one .

Oooo that's nice :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2016, 10:56:37 AM »
Yep, they changed all the nests and spawns up, now they are random,  but still the same type, if they still have anything.

On the plus side, a lot more Pokémon spawn randomly now, I catch tons more from my own house haha, and they aren't all pidgeys and ratattas like they used to be!

Im really sad I didnt catch a decent Snorlax before all the tracking sites stopped working, I have one but hes only a 274 cp one, haha.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts that it had changed ^.^

The nest spawned right after I made that post :P

I guess I'm going to have to go out more to catch more Pokemon  ;)

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2016, 11:39:06 AM »
@Duenia- Oh, I actually didn't know that IVs influenced the max CP, that's neat. I use the appraisal system to evolve my strongest, but I won't wait around to find one that's worth evolving if I reach the candies I need before I come across a strong one. I only need six Pokemon for a gym anyway, and it's always the same four or five Pokemon being inserted in gyms here that I don't care about having a variety of fighters to choose from. ^^;

@Haruna- I'm guessing Florida is one of those magical places I hear about that Drowzee is the rarest of the rare? You can literally get enough Drowzee here to evolve a Hypno in an hour...if you're so unlucky to not find a Hypno before grinding all those candies. What Pokemon is super common for you?

@Banditpony- I don't blame you. Since tracking sites went down, I have barely played at all in the last few days. Only check what's on my nearby every so often at home, or hatch eggs if I'm already out walking (as opposed to walking for a Pokemon).

@Rainbowrific Renia- I agree, if they are so intent on stopping third party trackers, why don't they let everyone use THEIR tracker? Not that I think the in game one is honestly that useful (unless you live in an area where every block has a Pokestop). I do have a few next to my home, so I can't complain about myself, but I know I'm in a more fortunate location than others.

I'm in the minority that I think the new gym update breaks battling even more. 90% of the gyms I see are level 10 and won't be taken down for weeks/months. I'm not fond of the idea that it's now easier to stabilize the last remaining gyms and make battling completely impossible, unless you have hundreds of potions/revives, a lot of time/data/battery life, and/or a group of friends who still play.  :huh:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #695 on: October 12, 2016, 12:26:24 AM »

Same here, ever since no tracking I havnt even opened this game! Its a pain in the butt to go out and try to find Pokémon now, and the Pokémon that used to be common here arent anymore.  I dont want to wander around outside if dont know where Pokémon even are. Bring back the tracking footsteps, Niantic!!! And omg anytime I get in the car that stupid notification comes up, "driving too fast!" even if I clicked the passenger button like 10 minutes ago! >_< Like, im happy they added the buddy Pokémon and ditto, but its not enough for me to play unless they bring back the footstep tracking.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:38:54 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 12, 2016, 01:38:37 AM »
... I have no clue how to figure out what IVs are, I assume they're skills? Skills are important! ^^; I've been evolving based on who had the highest CP, whoooops!! :O
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35:31 AM »
... I have no clue how to figure out what IVs are, I assume they're skills? Skills are important! ^^; I've been evolving based on who had the highest CP, whoooops!! :O

IV basically affects how much your Pokemon's stats are multiplied when they evolve and it decides their ending CP once you hit level 30. You can figure out IV using the appraisal system to some degree. It varies based on your team what you're looking for to denote CP. I just know for Mystic that if Blanche says your Pokemon is a wonder that it has 80 - 100% IV. There are also IV calculators on the internet and on Android there are also apps that will tell you what the IV is.

So for an example I had two Pidgeots that were about the same. One got 27 CP per power up while the other got 9 CP per power up. It was because the first one had a significantly higher IV as I found out once the appraisal system came out.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 12, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
I agree with you all: tracking would make the game so much more fun! My current strategy is to be familiar with where the Pokémon spawn spots usually are, but of course that doesn't always work, especially when I'm in an area I don't know. Or even if I am. Today I hunted a Squirtle for what must have been the full 15 minutes, walking around a small park, knowing it had to be *somewhere* but unable to find it. It got really close when I finally, frustrated, walked right next to the fence line dividing the park proper from the closed-off Indian mounds historical site, which is only open on Sundays and where it clearly was.  -_- Better tracking would have allowed me to realize much sooner that I couldn't get to it! But I shouldn't complain. I got another Growlithe yesterday with great stats; he's giving Ponyta a break and walking as my buddy right now.

@Haruna- I'm guessing Florida is one of those magical places I hear about that Drowzee is the rarest of the rare? You can literally get enough Drowzee here to evolve a Hypno in an hour...if you're so unlucky to not find a Hypno before grinding all those candies. What Pokemon is super common for you?

I had never seen a Drowzee in the wild until today! I only saw a Hypno once, in a gym, and thought to myself how uncommon that was. We get a ton of grass, bug and/or poison types, including *droves* of Venonats. Are those common elsewhere? I don't go through a day without catching a Venonat (for stardust and XP, at this point). I'm not sure how we compare to other areas, but besides the obvious commons (Pidgeys, Rattatas), we also get a fair amount of Staryus, Tentacools, Psyducks, Poliwhirls, Magikarps, and Horseas. So, the Pokémon we get reflect the flora and fauna we have pretty accurately: water creatures, plants, and tons and tons of bugs ^^;

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2016, 10:35:23 PM »

IV basically affects how much your Pokemon's stats are multiplied when they evolve and it decides their ending CP once you hit level 30. You can figure out IV using the appraisal system to some degree. It varies based on your team what you're looking for to denote CP. I just know for Mystic that if Blanche says your Pokemon is a wonder that it has 80 - 100% IV. There are also IV calculators on the internet and on Android there are also apps that will tell you what the IV is.

So for an example I had two Pidgeots that were about the same. One got 27 CP per power up while the other got 9 CP per power up. It was because the first one had a significantly higher IV as I found out once the appraisal system came out.

Ahhh! That makes sense! I haven't done a lot of the 'skill up' things, so I have oodles of the item you use to skill them up with! ^^; So hey, now I can skill up some of my guys! Thanks for the help! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 14, 2016, 07:08:00 AM »
I finally got to level 20 and yesterday I caught a Snorlax! He was one of my most wanted, so I'm really happy to finally have him.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #701 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:44 PM »
And omg anytime I get in the car that stupid notification comes up, "driving too fast!" even if I clicked the passenger button like 10 minutes ago! >_< Like, im happy they added the buddy Pokémon and ditto, but its not enough for me to play unless they bring back the footstep tracking.

I get that when I'm sat on the sofa...... :P it's my GPS going bonkers ;)

Yes, it happens if I'm passenger in the car or on the tram too. I think if the car/tram slows or stops then speeds up again it resets, so you have to click "I'm a passenger" again.

Love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 15, 2016, 09:33:43 AM »
So the other day in band, one of the girls sitting next to me was playing the game, and a TINY Eevee appeared on the map. It was sooo tiny that it would be equivalent to the size of a mouse or smaller!

OMG. I wanted it. But when I opened up my phone, the Eevee that appeared was normal sized. And she didn't catch the small Eevee because her phone died.  :cry:

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2016, 01:45:05 AM »
I'm on a cruise right now and we're nearing Grand Turk Island (was supposed to go to The Bahamas but they're still recovering from Matthew). Anywho, I can't get back to sleep right now so I opened up Pokémon Go...it still has me positioned at Port Canaveral in Florida. :lol: There are a ton of Pokémon there, good ones that I need, so I feel like if I open it up periodically, I'll close to getting all the remaining Pokémon I need. Seriously. The port has so many Pokémon!

So yeah, just something kinda funny/awesome. Wasn't gonna open the app until we got to the island but it seems worth it to check it every now and again when I'm not doing anything else.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »
Saw a Ninetales' shadow for  the first time today; couldn't find it! :/ In happier news, I randomly caught a Lickitung. Didn't see that one coming! :lol: Also, my first Koffing in the Dollar Tree. I guess even Koffing has to buy a greeting card sometimes . . .

I can't get back to sleep right now so I opened up Pokémon Go...it still has me positioned at Port Canaveral in Florida. :lol: There are a ton of Pokémon there, good ones that I need, so I feel like if I open it up periodically, I'll close to getting all the remaining Pokémon I need. Seriously. The port has so many Pokémon!

Note to self: Take road trip to Port Canaveral . . .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal