collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89548 times)

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »
I may or may not have just bought a new phone based solely on the reviews that said it will play Pokemon Go. 

I honestly asked my husband if I could upgrade my phone...because it will run Pokemon Go better...I got denied, lol.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2016, 10:08:49 AM »
I'm finally part of a high level gym! And I've been catching some great Pokémon lately. It's just what I've needed after these past few days. :)
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
I really want to like Pokemon GO more, but it is just frustrating to me. xD D: I try to play it at my mall, but it would tend to freeze/lag half of the time, and wouldn't register when I am actually walking.
And I am not going to bother trying the Gym stuff anymore. My Pokemon are just too weak and the gyms around here are crazy high powered.

I dunno. I guess I have bad luck whenever I try to play the game. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
I may or may not have just bought a new phone based solely on the reviews that said it will play Pokemon Go. 

I honestly asked my husband if I could upgrade my phone...because it will run Pokemon Go better...I got denied, lol.

To play it now I have to use my phone as a mobile hotspot and haul my giant tablet around, which is what I was doing at lunch yesterday.  My boss was watching me trying to navigate on this unwieldy tablet for 20 minutes before she went, "Wait, are you playing Pokemon?!"  Observations made before realizing what I was doing include:

"Come back here, the car is over this way."
"Where are you going, Rib Crib is on the corner."
"What's so interesting in that flower bed?"
"What?  No, I won't drive real slow, what is wrong with you?"

The new phone will be much more discreet. 

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
I really want to like Pokemon GO more, but it is just frustrating to me. xD D: I try to play it at my mall, but it would tend to freeze/lag half of the time, and wouldn't register when I am actually walking.
And I am not going to bother trying the Gym stuff anymore. My Pokemon are just too weak and the gyms around here are crazy high powered.

Its honestly the type of phone you have, I had an older phone that could play it but it would do half the things it should, like the problems you're having. Boyfriend and I got new phones and it is a big improvement!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »

Its honestly the type of phone you have, I had an older phone that could play it but it would do half the things it should, like the problems you're having. Boyfriend and I got new phones and it is a big improvement!

Pretty much this. The developers must have missed their game theory seminar about trying to open the game up to the biggest audience as possible as opposed to just the elite few who upgrade their phones every six months (not trying to make a jab at anyone here who does, my point is wholly on forcing the player to have the newest, more expensive phones to have the full experience).

Also the servers are probably contributing too. The only time the game is reliably playable for me is at night...when I'm not going to go outside and risk my safety for a game. :huh: I was out today, and decided to use up my free lure at the park. A minute in, when the first Pokemon popped up, my game immediately froze, gave me an error message, and booted me out of the game. I tried to get back in, which I did, but absolutely nothing would load, just the map and my trainer (no Pokemon, Pokestops, or gyms), so I closed it and tried again and this time couldn't get back in at all.  :pout: At least it was a free lure, but the fact that I lost a consumable item like that is NOT encouraging me to spend money on this game. When the servers are back up I'm going to send a bug report, but overall I had my few hours of fun and am uninstalling. Reinstalling when the servers/battery issues are fixed will depend on how they handle the issue with my lure.

I feel this post is rant heavy. I'm not upset or anything, I had my doubts about enjoying this from day one which turned out to be accurate. The novelty of finding Pokemon in real life was killed when 85% of my wild finds were Drowzee, and out of 7 eggs hatched (three 2KM, four 5KM), I got three Magikarp and three Drowzee. That said, I am glad that so many people are enjoying it, and I hope it continues on and stays successful to the point that more gens are introduced. Have fun guys! :)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2016, 05:12:46 PM »
Is anybody else having trouble getting the app to work today?

sailorstitch

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2016, 05:22:36 PM »
Wow, so it's because I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I am having issues with the game? That explains it. But I'm not going to upgrade my phone just for a mobile game. That said, it is clever how some phone companies are taking advantage of the Pokemon GO craze. xD

Yeah, that is weak how the game seems to favor those that have the newest phone models. And it does make me sad how the servers seems to be better at night, but that is a dangerous time to play the game. I am in a Pokemon GO group in Facebook for my city, and a few people actaully said that they've been robbed or even had people chase after them with guns/cars when they were playing it at night. :(

sailorstitch
When I was playing it earlier for a few minutes, it wasnt working for me, either. It didnt even show any pokemon were nearby, which is very odd.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »

sailorstitch

It's a known issue that everywhere the app has been released the servers have been offline or super unstable for like 5 and half hours now unfortunately :/

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2016, 05:31:07 PM »
Wow, so it's because I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I am having issues with the game?

I have the same exact phone and the only issues I've been having lately are the same server issues and the "three footprint glitch" like everyone else. I can battle at gyms just fine, catch Pokémon with no problems, and I can usually play for a while without it freezing up on me. So it doesn't sound like a phone issue to me.

Sucks that the servers are down today. At least that means my phone won't die during my walk tonight, lol

Post Merge: July 20, 2016, 06:55:02 PM

Just came back from walking, and whaddaya know? Pokémon Go was up and working after 6 hours of being down! I caught about 20 Pokémon!

I ran into a kid who was walking with his friend and his mom, and he was playing Pokémon Go. He asked to see my Pokedex and was like "Woooow, how did you get so many?!" He had just started playing it today. :lol: So we talked for a while, and he asked me if I was in any gyms, and the two gyms I'm in just happened to be in the area and I was able to show him. I even convinced him to join Team Instinct when he gets to level 5. :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:55:02 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
Servers were awful today. I've been super fortunate and only had one day where I couldn't play for a few hours before (and I played every day since it's release). Today I know what other people are whining about. haha. I FINALLY got it to boot up and Pokemon would just disappear, no Pokestops would work. Ugh.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »
I really wanted to hit some PokeStops because I was running low on Pokeballs. I got some, but not as many as I wanted. And I'm not going to have time to go for a walk tomorrow. :(

On a positive note, I got quite a bit of work done on my new Pokemon cosplay.

sailorstitch

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »
Just to let everyone know, an update was released today, I've been told ut fixed the tracking issues but I'm at a friend's home in the country, so I can't really check it till I get home.

Random freezes, GPS errors, and the character running around randomly are all errors I've had, and my phone is a galaxy 7s, so I dont think the age of your phones are necessarily the issue.  I know there's been several DDoS attacks on the pokemon servers, too.

Theres also times when I don't have a good enough signal from my phone carrier to play properly, but thats not the games fault! :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »
Ive been out for two nights now at the fancy park in Allen, TX just sitting in the grass with a group of people under the full moon. I now have gyarados!!!! CP is 1336. Its weak but I have over 30 karp candies to power him up! Need some Stardust now haha. I also found a TON of wild dratini to where getting my a dragonite this week is definetly a possibility! So many horsea too yay, a few more desited to level her up but I have plenty to evolve it into seadra! OMG WILD dragonair  earlier as I typing this too holy squeeee! I wish all of us could be here where im at, it's super safe and beautiful out. Its not hot out at all right now and the lake is so beautiful all moonlit.

So my husband is suuuuuuper into this now to where he also has a gyarados but his is almost 2000 CP, and he ordered a team instinct shirt and hat. He is super adorable being extra extra dorky! Its REALLY romantic because we have been having picnics under the full moon at a lake with pretty color changing fountains at like 3am capturing powerful water and dragon Pokémon, its the most beautiful thing ever omg!!! The only thing that could make this possibly more romantic would be if we were at the beach again in the dead of night. Life is so perfect right now omg Pokémon and moonlit picnics. :heart:

Post Merge: July 21, 2016, 01:08:38 AM

Aaaaaaah want to share with the world that I saw the most brightest shooting star ever just now! So beautiful, I wouldnt have seen it in a more perfect spot if it werent for Pokémon!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:18:35 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2016, 05:16:27 AM »
How in the world do you both have Gyrados's? I just ran into my first Magikarp for the very first time last night, and it takes 400 candies to evolve it.  :blink: Considering I only just now ran into my first Magikarp I can't see that happening in under a year's time.  :lol:

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal