collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89508 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2016, 06:02:32 AM »
I'm not worried about the 3 step glitch, mostly because I live in an area with no pokemon any way and I can't go walking around at lunch or my 15 minute breaks.. Luckily my work place is a gym and there is a poke stop down the road so I can drive there at lunch or after work...

Due to not being able to get pokemon in my area (rural seems to be one of the worse places for pokemon) I'm behind in levels
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2016, 06:06:50 AM »
Okay, this seriously isn't fun anymore. The GPS isn't keeping up with me, it lags for 5 minutes, then time warps to wherever in an instant, so I can't get any steps on my eggs. The walk to/from on work is almost a mile, and I didn't even get .01 of a kilometer :/

Not to mention I haven't been able to fight anything because it will never register me as being at a gym.

I wish I didn't have this problem, and it frustrates me because it seems like it's only me? And this game could be so great, and I want to like it. But it only works if I'm at home, connected to my own Wifi. I can't play it walking around because of the lagging, battery draining, and data wasting (not to mention the crashing and glitching), but walking around is supposed to be the whole point of the game. Sorry to be such a downer, I want to love this game so much. I just wish it worked, lol.

It's just all the server issues. Everyone is dealing with them. Maybe wait awhile and try to play it later when the hype cools off and the servers are stable .

The game doesnt use up too much data honestly... I read you can download local maps through google maps (?) So it's even less data.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2016, 06:41:06 AM »
It's just all the server issues. Everyone is dealing with them. Maybe wait awhile and try to play it later when the hype cools off and the servers are stable .

The game doesnt use up too much data honestly... I read you can download local maps through google maps (?) So it's even less data.
Thanks so much for responding, it's really a relief to know it's not just me! I felt like I was living in a GPS void, despite it being downtown. The idea of the game is amazing, and if these major glitches are just temporary, then I would be really happy! I feel a little silly for getting as frustrated as I am. I just really wanna love it!

I didn't knowbabout downloading local maps, I'm gonna try that when I'm on break.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2016, 07:13:56 AM »
So that gym that's a couple blocks from my house.... The past fews days it's been jumping between being controlled by Snorlax, Vaporeon, or Lapras. All with CPs in the 1000s. This morning I got up to find it was controlled by a Magikarp! WTH!!! The three Pokemon at the gym were Ratatta and two Magikarp! All with CPs in the 100s. I scrambled to get dressed and went down there. My Pokemon beat the scales off that floppy fish! My Pidgeot is now ruling the roost! ....For now.....

sailorstitch

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2016, 08:41:19 AM »
I haven't tried my hand at battling in gyms yet. I sort of like just running around catching pokemon. But maybe today I'll take my Flareon and see what it can do!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2016, 10:57:32 AM »
I haven't battled any gyms either. I am at level 11 now.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
I disagree that it doesn't use up much data. My usage skyrocketed, but I have an unlimited plan.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2016, 12:43:31 PM »
Ahhhh our thread got moved!  :P So much more convenient!
 :mail:
I just got this in the mail, omg I love it so much I want to show it off to the world!!!!! They only come in slimfit, mine is a size small for reference but its sooooo cozy omg! Going to rock my days off at the park with my friends wearing this! We are all Team Mystic and we all got these matching shirts hahahah! Now for my Mystic bag and bumper stickers to come in the mail!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2016, 01:02:46 PM »
I disagree that it doesn't use up much data. My usage skyrocketed, but I have an unlimited plan.

How much did it use? Maybe you need to download maps too...

"Pokemon Go app only consumes about 5 to 10 megabytes of data per hour... hat means if Pokemon Go used 10 megabytes of data per hour, you would have to play the game for about seven hours a day for 30 days to use up two gigabytes of data."

Mine has only used 275mb... Compared to my browser which is 1 gig. Or hangouts at 119mb.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
I got a question. How does everyone feel about Pokemon hunting in cemeteries?

Some people on another message board were saying that anybody playing Go needs to stay out of cemeteries. If the cemetery has a sign up asking people not to play on their grounds, I'll respect that. But I don't see the harm it walking around a cemetery (during the day). There's one about 7 or 8 blocks from my house. I just drove through there after work. It has about a dozen PokeStops and a gym.

sailorstitch

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
I got a question. How does everyone feel about Pokemon hunting in cemeteries?

Some people on another message board were saying that anybody playing Go needs to stay out of cemeteries. If the cemetery has a sign up asking people not to play on their grounds, I'll respect that. But I don't see the harm it walking around a cemetery (during the day). There's one about 7 or 8 blocks from my house. I just drove through there after work. It has about a dozen PokeStops and a gym.

sailorstitch

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. We live just a few blocks from our local cemetery, and even before Pokemon Go came out my mom and I would take our evening walks through there instead of just around town. Many people in my local area use it as a place to walk. I think that so long as Go players are respectful and don't vandalize anything, then it shouldn't be a problem. I would say if there was an active funeral going on to stay out and to return later though.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2016, 02:55:05 PM »
Ehhh. I think people should stay out of graveyards. If my parents were in there and there were a bunch of people hanging out walking around when I came by I'd be kinda POed. It seems really disrespectful to me. Particularly when it's a group, like a group of people playing games when somebody may be coming to mourn and visit somebody they lost.

I thought they said they purposely made Pokemon not spawn in them. Maybe just a rumor.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:57:01 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »

I thought they said they purposely made Pokemon not spawn in them. Maybe just a rumor.

A couple popped up in the one I was in today. Not many, but there were 2 or 3.

sailorstitch

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
I've not had a Pokemon spawn in or around the nearby cemetery. It's a small one but has three pokestops, a gym, and some small bit of parking. No one has hunted in a group to my knowledge but plenty of people will go through at a slow pace and I always pause to pay my respects if I enter. Thankfully the gym is at the gate so most (myself included) will just pause there briefly to train and grab the first pokestop.

The church, however is home to evies, clefairies, and bellsprouts. As well as a gym and pokestop. Watching the tower change hands constantly through VBS was delightful.  :P  It's probably the same through service but that's not the church I go to.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
Honestly, I would not. It just feels like trespassing to me and incredibly disrespectful to mourners who may be visiting, especially if there is a group being loud and cheery about rare finds and such.

Squirtle has always been around the area for me, but I've never been able to stumble upon one. Today I caught three! Does anyone else have a common-ish starter around? My area is just surprisingly water type heavy, to the point I saw a Vaporeon nearby way before I saw an Eevee, so I wonder if that is why they keep spawning. I'm sad to have missed a Growlithe today though, I just didn't want to go out of my way to search completely blindly with a 15% battery. I finally caught a Weedle at least (I'm probably the only person who would get excited for Weedle :lol:), now for a few dozen more to get me a Beedrill.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal