collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89551 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
I have noticed that if you live in rural areas like me you won't get that much joy out of Pokémon Go. There are barely any Pokéstops or Gyms and you can't find nearly as many Pokémon as in the big cities. Which really doesn't make any sense according to Pokémon logic. In the main series games you usually find pokemon in nature (tall grass, forests, etc.) not in cities.

I just went for a long walk for over an hour and I only found two Pokémon, a Pidgey and a Spearow. I thought I had some bad luck or that something was wrong, but when I googled it I found out that's how it seems to be for everyone who lives in rural areas. I'm actually considering downloading a fake gps to be able to get more out of the game.

It makes sense based on the games, but to get more people playing, you target the more populated areas, which makes sense from a company trying to make money. I definitely think they should make it so that more Pokemon spawn in rural areas, but then if Pokemon spawned more often in rural areas as opposed to cities and populated areas (like the handheld games), you'll have more people who aren't able to enjoy the game.

I'd be careful with the fake GPS thing unless you have a rooted phone and a way of hiding that you're using a fake GPS. I've read that Niantic is known for banning users when they can detect a fake GPS being used. This is based on reports from their other game, Ingress.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
I have three 10km eggs I need to hatch.
Also I nearly cried because two of my 5km eggs I was incubating got replaced when I picked up 2 new eggs. I was very very angry.

In general the lure spots haven't been working great for me, my game still glitches sooo much.
But riding the bus has helped me hatch quite a few eggs!

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
I have three 10km eggs I need to hatch.
Also I nearly cried because two of my 5km eggs I was incubating got replaced when I picked up 2 new eggs. I was very very angry.

Wait eggs can get replaced if you pick up more than 9 eggs?
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
Ive been trying to hatch all my 10k eggs, and nothing too awesome yet! I keep trying to get lapras okg soooo much need. I found if you have your game open and got 20mph your egg gets distance so we whip out games out as we  drive down rural areas. It doesnt seem to count egg distance when we are on the highway. Most my 10k eggs are eevee and I got a rhyhorn and jinx.

I got like a ton of cool Pokémon from all the other eggs though! Out of the 2k and 5k eggs im just missing Pikachu now! He doesnt like to show his face in the wild for me.

So I ordered a big vinyl sticker for the back window of my car, it says" WARNING! This car makes frequent poke stops!" with a pokeball next to it! So at least people will know!   :biggrin:

Omg so speaking of which I have seen a LOT and I mean a LOT of people at stoplights and parked cars playing Pokémon Go also lol! There was a pidgey that popped up on my screen in a shopping center, right where it was we drove by it and there was a line of cars. The people behind the first car seemed frustrated bit the first person had their phone out and I KNEW they were obstructing traffic for that pidgey. Omg, really?!  >_<

Ya'll be careful if you are driving and playing! Cops are cracking down here in my city and fining people for playing Pokémon Go because it looks like texting and driving. Lucky for me I get " shotgun duty" where I play my game and husbands game while he is driving and I shout out Pokémon nearby lol. At a pokestop right next to my work, a cafe, there have been cops stopping people from parking there because the owner doesnt like people visiting his restaurant late at night!

Omg I cant wait for my team merchandise to come in the mail! Gamestop started carrying some neat Pokémon items like Dawn's hat and these ADORABLE Pokémon backpacks! Im totally buying the Pikachu/jigglypuff/togepi clone backpack on payday oh my gosh. So adorbs! Also my gamestops already have arceus merchandise out! Not the plush or figures  but everything else like shirts, keychains, and lanyards.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:58:23 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
[quote author=Moonbreeze link=topic=380391.msg1561877#msg1561877
I thought there was an update, kicking you out when you go faster than 17 km/h? But anyway, 10 km first! You might get a Lapras ;) 2 km ones might have a bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle tho!
[/quote]

LAPRAS!?!?!?! Lapras is my FAVORITE!!!!!  :yippee:

When I left home for work my eggs were at 0.2km. I wanted to try to earn some kms while I was working, but I'm not allowed to use my phone on the floor. We're only allowed to use them in the break room during lunch or breaks. I kept the app open and my phone in my pocket while I was working. I didn't earn any kms. All I did was drain my battery and waste data.  :huh:

After work I had to run by the post office. (The PO is a Gym BTW!) I caught a Poliwag and a Drowzee while waiting in line. Then I found a Squirtle in the street outside the PO. Somehow between leaving work and getting home I went from 0.2km to 1.0km. Now I'm at 1.2km. Maybe I'll walk around my yard some later. It shouldn't take much more to hatch my first 2km egg.

sailorstitch

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »
My 10km egg is .2km away from hatching. Aaah!

Wooo! You gotta let us know what it is when it hatches!

CP 143 kabuto :< eh.

I didn't realize you could get coins immediately when you take over a gym .... whoops ...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »
Finally this is out in the uk. So exited just want to go out as it is saying there is a bee drill near by. Well not at this time of night. Haha

Ther are three stops with in seconds of my house and a gym by the local pub with flareion in it. Well that will be mine once I get to level five me thinks haha.

Though it is sort of ironic ponyta was my first catch as I am obsessed with horses. It was just right there in my room by the pile of rosettes I am sorting through at the moment. Like it was ment to be

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »
Birds are by default my favourite pokemon, so I love all three, Moltes a little less than the other two only because Ho-oh is one of, if not my favourite legendaries. Zapdos was shamelessly my flyer in my childhood playthrough of blue, so I think it defaults to my favourite, but Articuno is so pretty, and fires my favourite type of the three... I don't want to miss out on one if they are exclusive to the team you choose so I need to think carefully.

My area is a Drowzee nest, I'd say like 80% is Drowzee by my house, with the sporadic Gastly around, but never close enough for me to catch at home.  >_< I'm surprised at how many water types are around though, I guess they like my neighbours' pools.

Haha, that sounds amazing to just hang out and reap the benefits from the comfort of your home.

Edit: Spoke too soon, there was a Gastly chilling in my room with me. And ah, there is a Weedle somewhere close by and I want it! Why are the ones that are dirt common in the games so rare in my area?  :lol:

If they had released gens 1 and 2 at the same time and Lugia was a choice for a team, there'd be no questions asked, I'd be on that team in a heartbeat. Lugia is my all time favorite legendary, and Ho-oh is up there too! The legendary birds from gen 1 are just... meh to me, but Zapdos is cool looking and I love electric types, so :lol: Plus I seem to have chosen correctly. The gym across the street from my house is usually controlled by Team Instinct, and the gym right next to where I work is also controlled by Team Instinct.

Yes! It was awesome just sitting outside and catching Pokemon. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I didn't feel like doing a lot of walking anyway.

Lol There are Drowzee all over where I work.

Did you catch that Gastly?

Super late reply but if G2 was involved I think everyone would hae picked Lugia.  :lol: Though, using that logic when the beasts get introduced I would think Raikou would join Zapdos on team instinct, so that just made my choice for me. Team Instinct go!

Yes I did catch it, and another one that showed up a couple hours later. xD

Thank you SO MUCH for the tip to lower the GPS accuracy, I am able to access two Pokestops from the break area at work so now I can take advantage on slow days.  :lol:

So I managed to hatch my first egg last night at work and *drumroll* I got a Drowzee. My excitement kind of died in a second flat. It's not that I don't like Drowzee, but I already have one and Hypno (and easy access to many more) and I'm more interested in catching them all then battling so I don't need doubles. Otherwise, I caught a Meowth while at the bank too, that was one I was hoping for, now I just need a Persian.  ^.^

When I left home for work my eggs were at 0.2km. I wanted to try to earn some kms while I was working, but I'm not allowed to use my phone on the floor. We're only allowed to use them in the break room during lunch or breaks. I kept the app open and my phone in my pocket while I was working. I didn't earn any kms. All I did was drain my battery and waste data.  :huh:

I'm not positive if it's an actual thing, but I've noticed a delay between when I actually walked and when the distance walked updates.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:05:46 PM by aluke »

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »
The freezes are driving me crazy!! I only got ONE pokestop to work tonight GRRRR!

I did have a great time at the Farmers Market, finding some Team Valor guys and giving Instinct a hard time ;) They set a lure and I caught my first Magmar!! YAY!!

My gym badges are up in my shop, if anyone wants to support their team :D
https://www.etsy.com/listing/466084285/pokemongo-key-fob

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:34 PM »
I created an album for my Pokemon Go pictures if anybody wants to see them.

http://s428.photobucket.com/user/sailorgurgi/library/Pokemon%20Go

sailorstitch

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »

I thought there was an update, kicking you out when you go faster than 17 km/h? But anyway, 10 km first! You might get a Lapras ;) 2 km ones might have a bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle tho!

Hmm... I had mine on while I drove to work today and didn't get kicked out, and I did the most recent update (the one from yesterday), so I dunno.

My 10km one hatched two days ago and I was pretty proud, because most of it was from me walking the last few days. I got a really powerful Snorlax!

Very jealous of your Snorlax. That was the pokemon 13 year old me was constantly trying and failing to catch. :P

I hatched my first egg today. I got a Tentacool out of it.

Also made it to level 5. Now to pick my team.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2016, 09:10:28 PM »
I caught a gyardos in the wild today. I've now leveled him up to 1100 CP, but I ran out of Stardust. haha. I can do it another 15 times with the candy I have right now.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2016, 12:26:40 AM »
^ AHHH so jealous of your gyarados! Im desprate for him lol I go to the park everyday and farm for about 15 magikarp daily at least so I might be able to get him by the end of the month XD we have a little over 200 'karp candies!

I keep running into wild snorlax while we are driving in a downtown neighborhood! He also periodicly appears at my apartment. He is an easy pokrmon to reach CP 1200+ as well as chansey and lapras. My 10k egg is almost hatched! Husband has the car for his job right now, when we getoff work we are going to hatch eggs!

We also have what we call "the sweet spot" near buffalo wild wings and a Verizon wireless building. Anytime we go there we find some sweeeet Pokémon! We found wild growlithe, kabuto, pidgeot, cubone, tuaros, wortortle, dodrio, and a ton of staryu there! Theres always at least 5 Pokémon hanging out there at all times, we catch even ones we already have too for the XP.

I keep seeing Harmony and Rebirth stuff all over instagram XD Its fan based, but still neat!  I love Articuno, but Lugia is one of my favorite Pokémon ever and still is so I would leave team Mystic for Harmony if given the fact it was a real team to pick. I would be carrying some my Lugia toys with me and be wearing my Lugia shirt I swore id never wear outside. I have so much stuff Lugia throughout my life to represent team Harmony! Nessiebird would be all over my dash! Buuut for at least right now everything is about to be articuno :heart:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:38:44 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2016, 06:09:12 AM »
Really really want to play this game before it becomes obsolete. Does anyone know of cheap phones/plans that I could get to play this? Preferably with AR, been looking at Virgin Mobile and Cricket for possible phone plans but I am so lost when it comes to phone types (my last phone was this) and if they will play it without damaging my budget too badly. I am currently on a pretty tight budget and only have so much a month that I can afford to spend on 'fun' stuff, so really the cheaper the better if it works. *shrug*
Saw someone posting about a 20$ bestbuy phone but that just sounds too good to be true. :P

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2016, 06:13:05 AM »
We went to the Farmers Market tonight, and I couldn't believe how many Pokestops were down there! It's really neat how the app gets you out and exploring your area--all the Pokestops were part of the area's downtown Sculpture Walk. Super cool! My 6yo played it on our drive home and is pretty good at catching! I'm not so great, but I did catch an Eevee and a Pidgeotto in the backseat of our truck after gymnastics this morning!

Getting fresh fruit with your fresh caught Pokemon equals double win!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal