collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89546 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2016, 01:44:27 AM »
I'm selling these key fobs at the Farmers Market tomorrow night--what do you think?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you're interested in supporting your team, shoot me a PM :D My 6yo picked Team Valor for us--so far, almost all of the gyms in town are red!

OMG NEED MYSTIC!!! Ive been buying articuno stuff like crazy XD ive got vinyls stickers of the team mystic logo for my car. An articuno plush to carry with me, and a Tshirt comin'in! Your little keychains are ADORABLE OMG!!!!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:55 AM »
You guys are lucky... I'm all out of data, so going to change my phone plan tomorrow, for a higher data pack. I'm just hitting level 5, hubby who I've converted, is now level 7, and he doesn't even like pokemon! So hoping that they introduce trading so that when he gets bored, (and he will) I can swap for some of his cooler pokemon, lol! He's a pokemon magnet, we have the exact same phone, and pokemon will appear for him and not me, it's infuriating!

That sounds so frustrating!

I hope the rumor of them adding trading and stuff like that is true. It'd be super helpful!
Instagram / Want List

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2016, 06:30:41 AM »
I'm selling these key fobs at the Farmers Market tomorrow night--what do you think?

If you're interested in supporting your team, shoot me a PM :D My 6yo picked Team Valor for us--so far, almost all of the gyms in town are red!

OMG NEED MYSTIC!!! Ive been buying articuno stuff like crazy XD ive got vinyls stickers of the team mystic logo for my car. An articuno plush to carry with me, and a Tshirt comin'in! Your little keychains are ADORABLE OMG!!!!

LOL! Thank you! My husband won't let me get a decal for the truck :P I was laughing, telling him I should get myself a trench coat and go walk downtown. "Hey kid, wanna buy a keychain?"

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2016, 06:50:46 AM »

LOL! Thank you! My husband won't let me get a decal for the truck :P I was laughing, telling him I should get myself a trench coat and go walk downtown. "Hey kid, wanna buy a keychain?"
Set up a lure and everyone will come to you (jk of course )

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2016, 07:44:16 AM »
Talk to me about eggs!

I got my first batch of 9 eggs yesterday. Any tips on hatching them? Any advice? Most are 2 or 5km, but one is 10km.

sailorstitch

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »

How do you take a picture of the gym you're in? I've seen a few people do it.

Screenshot it.

I'm trying to figure out how. Is there an option in the game am I missing or is it something I'd have to do on my device? I'm actually using a tablet and not a phone.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:51 AM »
Talk to me about eggs!

I got my first batch of 9 eggs yesterday. Any tips on hatching them? Any advice? Most are 2 or 5km, but one is 10km.

sailorstitch

You need to put them in incubators to hatch them, and exercise machines like treadmills don't count toward the distance, I tried, lol. :P  supposedly, the farther you have to walk, the 'better' the egg is?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2016, 08:07:55 AM »
Yup, you need to walk to hatch them, and the app has to be open and on for it to count. I've seen someone ride their bike really slowly and it counted. He hatched 4 eggs that way.

Also, make sure you have "battery saver" checked in the settings. It turns the screen off when you hold it at your aide upside down. Hopefully, they continue to work on the battery drain.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how. Is there an option in the game am I missing or is it something I'd have to do on my device? I'm actually using a tablet and not a phone.

What tablet do you have? If you've never done a screenshot on it before, you can look it up on Google and you should easily find out how to do it. :)

There isn't an option in game to take pictures of anything other than Pokemon when you're about to catch them, but you can still screenshot anything. Getting a screenshot is different on every device though (for me, I can either swipe my hand across the screen or press the home + power button at the same time).

Post Merge: July 14, 2016, 08:18:39 AM

Talk to me about eggs!

sailorstitch

Try and hatch the 10km one first! Walking around is the obvious way to hatch them, but you can also just leave the app open when you're in the car and get distance that way- it really helps with the 10km eggs. :P
Instagram / Want List

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
It's probably that your phone lacks the gyroscope sensor needed to use AR, like you said. I'll be honest, I use the AR function sometimes, but most of the time I turn it off. It's harder to catch Pokémon with it on, because they'll wander off the screen sometimes and they aren't always right in front of you. Turning it off automatically places the Pokémon right in the middle of the screen.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better about it not working.

I caught a Celefairy in my kitchen last night. I really hope it starts to cool down. It was 90 degrees yesterday. And that's just a little too hot for me to go hunting.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2016, 09:19:23 AM »
Talk to me about eggs!

sailorstitch
Try and hatch the 10km one first! Walking around is the obvious way to hatch them, but you can also just leave the app open when you're in the car and get distance that way- it really helps with the 10km eggs. :P

I thought there was an update, kicking you out when you go faster than 17 km/h? But anyway, 10 km first! You might get a Lapras ;) 2 km ones might have a bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle tho!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:21:27 AM by Moonbreeze »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2016, 09:28:06 AM »

I thought there was an update, kicking you out when you go faster than 17 km/h? But anyway, 10 km first! You might get a Lapras ;) 2 km ones might have a bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle tho!

Hmm... I had mine on while I drove to work today and didn't get kicked out, and I did the most recent update (the one from yesterday), so I dunno.

My 10km one hatched two days ago and I was pretty proud, because most of it was from me walking the last few days. I got a really powerful Snorlax!
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »
Talk to me about eggs!

sailorstitch

Doesn't kick you out but doesn't count if you are driving faster than the limit. I thought it was 12mph.

My 10km egg is .2km away from hatching. Aaah!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2016, 10:33:07 AM »
My 10km egg is .2km away from hatching. Aaah!

Wooo! You gotta let us know what it is when it hatches!

I just spent most of my lunch break trying to claim the gym right next to the building I work in. One of the maintenance guys stopped and was like "Ah, you're playing that game, aren't you?" Then we both laughed. He told me to be careful of cars, but then he was like "You look smart enough to know that already." :lol:

Claimed the gym, btw. Single-handedly took down an entire level 7 gym in 25 minutes and left one of my Vaporeon there when I was able to take it over. :accomplished:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
I have noticed that if you live in rural areas like me you won't get that much joy out of Pokémon Go. There are barely any Pokéstops or Gyms and you can't find nearly as many Pokémon as in the big cities. Which really doesn't make any sense according to Pokémon logic. In the main series games you usually find pokemon in nature (tall grass, forests, etc.) not in cities.

I just went for a long walk for over an hour and I only found two Pokémon, a Pidgey and a Spearow. I thought I had some bad luck or that something was wrong, but when I googled it I found out that's how it seems to be for everyone who lives in rural areas. I'm actually considering downloading a fake gps to be able to get more out of the game.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal