collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89536 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2016, 06:06:54 AM »
For a jolteon, you need one that knows swift. :)

My biggest pokemon have come from highly popular areas, some from a pokestop with a lure, and others from places like walmart. :)

They've disproven that. :( I tried going both by moves and by the claim that the local gym colors determine it.

I was just coming here to say that. The Eeveelution you get is random, there's no evidence that anything determines which one you'll get right now.

That said, I keep getting Jolteon and Vaporeon. I'm not complaining since they're some of my highest leveled Pokémon (and I like them both more than Flareon), but why can't I get one Flareon?! :cry:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2016, 06:48:11 AM »
Did anyone else notice when you first downloaded the game it showed a shadow of the next eevee evolution? Then PTC log in went down and when I went back it didn't show it anymore.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
I downloaded it and was finally able to create a trainer account! I'm a little worried about getting started tho bc I'm sure I'll be addicted in no time

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
I am so jealous of you all. I am thinking about getting my phone upgraded this weekend though. I want this game BAD now. I don't wanna be left out anymore. XD
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »
I am so jealous of you all. I am thinking about getting my phone upgraded this weekend though. I want this game BAD now. I don't wanna be left out anymore. XD

One of us, one of us! :P

Hey, if you think getting an upgrade will be worth it for Go, I say go for it!
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
Dude yeah omg the whole move thing for the vui's is defiently not true after the data I collected today and what others posted on reddit throughout the week. Ive been evolving eevees alllll day since I live at an eevee nest LOL and I even went near the gyms and STILLLLL lots of vaporeon for my outcome! All I need is jolteon omg so frustratng omg. Ive been contributing to the reddit eevee evo post and so far we cant crack it, in fact most of us keep getting vaporeon and jolteon seems to be rare out of the three. Some people are saying its your team color.....but my husband is Instinct and has a ton of vaporeon and one flareon. No jolteon and his team color is yellow!

So today I got sunburned super bad playing Pokémon Go lol. I didnt even feel I got sunburned. I was wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses at least omg im sooo red LOL! Totally worth it since I got some awesome Pokémon today! Funniest find was a CP26 pidgeot....   :lol:

Also my Pokémon are in the 1000's now omg finally!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:16:27 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
This morning there was a dude in our parking lot obviously playing, I was on my way to work and I reversed the truck to face him. I rolled down the window, shouted "WHAT TEAM?"
He goes "blue!"
I flipped him the pidgey, he flipped back and laughed.
I put my best Clint glare on and drove away.
All in good sport, the Garden Center is still in the family by lunch time.  :cool:

Probably not for long, these kids are vicious lol

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2016, 02:14:11 PM »
How do you take a picture of the gym you're in? I've seen a few people do it.

Also I'm having a rough day, I went to the post office to mail out a pony, found a bulbasaur but the game froze while as I had it in the ball and was waiting for the capture sound. Then leaving the post office a 500+ cp pinser appeared, and again the game froze while i was waiting for the capture. Same with a 400+cp scyther a few minutes later. This was me:  :enraged: :sad:

To be fair I did catch a charmander earlier in the morning so that was good. But the freeze ups are killing me.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
Does anyone else have trouble with AR mode not working? I've never been able to get it to work. Even after restarting both the app and my phone. From what I could Google it could be because I don't have a gyroscope sensor in my phone.

I still enjoy the game. I'm just a little bummed that it doesn't work. Seeing the pokemon in the "real world" was one of the things that made me decide to download it. I hope it's something that can be fixed in a future update.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »
It's probably that your phone lacks the gyroscope sensor needed to use AR, like you said. I'll be honest, I use the AR function sometimes, but most of the time I turn it off. It's harder to catch Pokémon with it on, because they'll wander off the screen sometimes and they aren't always right in front of you. Turning it off automatically places the Pokémon right in the middle of the screen.

How do you take a picture of the gym you're in? I've seen a few people do it.

Screenshot it.
Instagram / Want List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
Dude yeah omg the whole move thing for the vui's is defiently not true after the data I collected today and what others posted on reddit throughout the week. Ive been evolving eevees alllll day since I live at an eevee nest LOL and I even went near the gyms and STILLLLL lots of vaporeon for my outcome! All I need is jolteon omg so frustratng omg. Ive been contributing to the reddit eevee evo post and so far we cant crack it, in fact most of us keep getting vaporeon and jolteon seems to be rare out of the three. Some people are saying its your team color.....but my husband is Instinct and has a ton of vaporeon and one flareon. No jolteon and his team color is yellow!

So today I got sunburned super bad playing Pokémon Go lol. I didnt even feel I got sunburned. I was wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses at least omg im sooo red LOL! Totally worth it since I got some awesome Pokémon today! Funniest find was a CP26 pidgeot....   :lol:

Also my Pokémon are in the 1000's now omg finally!

I just got back from walking around in a thunderstorm!

sailorstitch

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2016, 05:48:09 PM »
I'm selling these key fobs at the Farmers Market tomorrow night--what do you think?

If you're interested in supporting your team, shoot me a PM :D My 6yo picked Team Valor for us--so far, almost all of the gyms in town are red!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »
I'm selling these key fobs at the Farmers Market tomorrow night--what do you think?

If you're interested in supporting your team, shoot me a PM :D My 6yo picked Team Valor for us--so far, almost all of the gyms in town are red!

I bet they will sell like hotcakes!!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
Went over to the CVS parking lot across the road at 11:30pm (with the hubby because it'd be silly to go alone) because Team Instinct was killing it there and was already a level 7 gym. I spent a good half an hour training there to raise its prestige and turn it into a level 8 gym so I could join it with my CP 1104 Vaporeon, which put me third from the top. Yay!

There were other members of Team Instinct in the parking lot and we talked for a bit. I think the gym is level 10 now, so I guess they stayed after I left so they could join too.

Now that the gyms are working properly for me, I'm having a lot more fun with this app. :)

Oh, and I'm now at 4 Vaporeon and 3 Jolteon. No Flareon. Luckily there are Eevee all over my house, so it doesn't take me long to evolve them but getting a Flareon is seeming impossible for me at the moment.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2016, 01:14:45 AM »
You guys are lucky... I'm all out of data, so going to change my phone plan tomorrow, for a higher data pack. I'm just hitting level 5, hubby who I've converted, is now level 7, and he doesn't even like pokemon! So hoping that they introduce trading so that when he gets bored, (and he will) I can swap for some of his cooler pokemon, lol! He's a pokemon magnet, we have the exact same phone, and pokemon will appear for him and not me, it's infuriating!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal